Alot of spam in trade

I was wondering why there isn’t being cracked down on the massive spam in tradechat. People don’t need 5 lines to advertice what they are selling or whatever service. It’s literally unreadable.

5 Likes

lmao, complaining about people trading in trade chat again :joy:

You can report in game if you think things don’t belong in the trade channel.

no no I like when people are trading but its unreadable when people spam 5 lines of how great their service is while it can be done in 2 and keep it atleast readable.

“These boosters took our trade chat space.
:woman_farmer::construction_worker_man:
Fire the torches, sharpen the pitchforks.”

I ignore them and I am fine. It doesn’t bother me how many lines they use if I can’t see it.

Much less trouble than a weirdo in BG this morning who prepared few feasts of fishes and paralysed half of the group :confused:

6 Likes

yeah i kinda agree to that, i do my advertisements in a single line or two at most.

First thing I do when entering a city on a new char?
/Leave 2

And life is easy again :slightly_smiling_face:
Seriously, I get enough advertising in my life, I don’t need it in game as well.

3 Likes

Just switch it off. Trade chat is cancer now since they brought out tokens. Just people trying to sell levelling and boosting services so they don’t have to pay for WoW

3 Likes

Yeah but i like to see in trade for any good trades or whatever but atm people just use a addon and spam their 4-5 line message whenever they can.

It is pretty annoying. Everyone is wanting to sell runs for gold. Back when I first started playing everyone wanted to help each other now people just wanna make an earning from people.

4 Likes

Well you can’t expect people to just carry you for free either, can you?
Maybe you do expect that.

Well i don’t mind them selling a boost but i would like too see it done shorter instead of how great they are and how many boosts they done etc.

Not at all. I would just like to see less of it. It clogs up trade chat. Same thing wrote everyday by the same bots with different names. It is spam. But also yes the act of kindness has completely gone out of this game. Which was not like this at all when I first started playing. They don’t need to spam either because 75% in the premade section is people selling boosts.

2 Likes

monkaTOS FUN DETECTED monkaTOS

You are nothing more than a child take that twitch speak and kindly depart from the forums thanks.
And how is a bot spamming any type of fun ? I conclude you are a richard cranium.

Nah, definitly not.

What do you mean bot spamming ?

I thought this thread was about talking normally in Trade.

Here be the sellers, and they are swarming. The spam is pure garbage but since these people don’t make any money IRL they try to become rich in the wolrd, of warcraft.

2 Likes

Just /leave those channels. There is nothing interesting going on besides people selling lvling boosts, +10 boosts and heroic BoD boosts.
I am now 17 level mage on a classic server and I love /1 /join world chats. People actually talk to each other and look for groups to clear Wailing Cavers or whatnot. Feelsgoodman

1 Like

That would be the ideal situation but i would rather blizzard punishing 4-5 line ads. mabye implement a 2-3 is lines max.

Do what many other people do.
Just /leave 2 .
The trade channel is might as well be renamed to boosting channel.
Very few if any trades happen there (non-boosting ones) since AH is pretty much the main avenue to buy and sell stuff.
So leaving the channel you won’t miss too much…well besides suddenly having peace and quite not “Bigboyz selling big M+ boosts. Gets your boosts here. Yes?” spam. :smiley:

1 Like