Alt unfriendliness in retail and why there are complaints about no content

Not gonna read all this garbage but can someone please explain to me why the hell everyone these days insists that the game is catered to peopel with 500 “alts”? You really think World of Warcraft is about playing 10 characters and ensuring they’re all kept up to date and Blizzard needs to make this easy for you? Sorry but please tell me you’re just having a laugh OP?

Then why do you participate on the forums? If you want to take part in a discussion, have the manners of knowing the other’s point of view. The OP even answers this question.

Furthermore, telling that you didn’t read something has been one of the examples of trolling stated in the forum rules for many many years.

4 Likes

It’s another thread of someone feeling enttitled enough to demand ingame stuff (high end ready char) for free. This one because he/she is great pvper. Reading everything is just waste of time. Tbh i find reasonig like “i have 3 lives, 5 jobs, 20 kids and 15 wives” funnier.

While I definately get where you’re coming from as an alt-aholic myself, I dont agree entirely.

Yes, its can be boring to do content all over again, BUT it can also be helpful towards learning a new rotation, as you mention, ur alt playstyle and role could be entirely different.

Also, I dont think the barriers of accesibility (lets call that how easy it is for ur alt to be as strong as ur main relatively) should be zero.

Imo how much you are willing to re-do that content on ur new Warrior alt, can also be a good measure of how much you like that alt. To the point of, are you willing to do it all over again on your Warrior? Yes I like Warrior.

Are you willing to do it all over again on your Deathknight? No, most definately not.

Maybe u shouldnt play a deathknight if u dont like pressing obliterate to the point of pressing it 20000 times on WQ.

Finally, and most importantly, if there were no barriers, lets assume rep essences etc are shared-on-account, then people would change their minds every minute probably, top guilds would exploit that to the point of asking people to play several different classes

(Here lets consider that you think alts are “hard” and top guilds are still using several alts gearing them etc)

And then even less competitive guilds could demand that cause “Hey its there do it” compared to how they ask ilvl, HOA level and ilvl currently, which is a much more sensible requirement.

So yes I do believe many things could be made easier for alts sure!! But erase the barriers entirely? Definately not!!

1 Like

When i really like a class it does not mean i want to press the buttons in WQ-environments. We are also not pressing all our buttons. We only press around 3 in the open world.

We have so much more buttons what makes the class fun to play. As a BDK you want to use your insane self heals. It is not available in the open world. I myself prefer to play healer which is already not possible to enjoy in the open world. There is nothing to heal. And yes, i did nazjatar/etc in healing spec on 3 classes (shaman, paladin, druid).

I also just leveled a windwalker monk. How fun is it to press touch of death when something is dead before it can hit? It is the biggest dps-button, but it is ‘not usable’ in the world. And why should i actually use ring of piece? Right, it is damn fun in a bit higher M+ stuff…

TLDR: I like pressing my epic 20+ buttons instead of 3.

1 Like

but the barriers were there already, point is this new barrier wasn’t here before and not many had any problems with alts, in the forums at least, now that essences are here people are rightfully saying that they are too much of a barrier. What people seem to want is a return to the old way, before essences, and i can’t say i disagree.

1 Like

the difference there is that all that what you said can come quite quickly, Essences don’t, you need a month worth of grind on each alt to get the ones you want.
back in the day ( pre legion) all you needed to do was farm gear if you want to play an alt and that’s how it should be, now you have AP AND essences

1 Like

im sorry but new rotation? not sure about you but my world play is totally different from raid and M+ so learning a new rotation is not done there

1 Like

I’m playing one of my Alliance alts atm to farm jelly for the bee mount and she’s so incredibly weak compared to my Horde main that has all the essences. It’s a really unfriendly system.

3 Likes

500 alts is a MASSIVE overstatement, I came back to wow after a 3 month break because of a family bereavement but now unless I play 24/7 I cannot play my 3 main healers, monk, druid and pally, im literally locked to just my druid as there is no way in the world i’ll be able to or want to do that rep grind all over again on the other 2.
If the game was like Final Fantasy, sure there isn’t a problem, you don’t repeat anything, you just do the questline etc and be done with it.
Atm I’m on a low pop server / battlegroup and classic’s release made it even worse, guilds have just disappeared and so have a lot of players so guild recruitment is now really difficult especially if you are after a specific class and spec so other guild members who could re-roll now cant.
before essences, you can get a good guild / friends group to farm M+ for gear so you can at least help out in raids but now with them being locked behind what seems an endless grind for rep so you can help the guild on characters that are needed.
at the end of the day, ESSENCES SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LOCKED BEHIND REP END OF!

sorry but why do you guy snot just play Final Fantasy instead of taking things from other games and expect Blizzard to implement them for you…?
Do you really find it so difficult to just… not play WoW? I think there is a much deeper issue here than whether WoW is alt friendly…

You really have no clue what you are on about.
I don’t get on with Red at all but he is far from the type of player who wants easy please be less disrespectful in your post to assume things.

1 Like

I do play Final Fantasy and im not saying to pinch stuff from other games, I used it as an example.
I have played wow since Vanilla and if you don’t understand any of the points made in this whole post, why comment?
the fact is that they keep adding things that require far too much grind that you actually need to be able to do anything in game on ALTS.
I really have no problem doing it ONCE not 2,3,4 times + that’s far too many hours on alts to be able to play them.
I don’t mind gearing them, getting AP for our neck, but to lock fundamental parts that you require behind rep like that is just not right.
and don’t assume you know me or anyone who has posted their views here regarding this issue, there is only 1 issue and that is make it easier to gain these essences on alts… pretty simple!

1 Like

Dude can you stop pretending you know what’s best here? Why should people be able to easily gear alts? Cause you think so? WoW had the most subscribers when people had only one character or maybe two. Do you get that?
You make it sound like god has commanded you to ensure you gear all of your 10 characters.

I like the idea of people only playing one single main. I like the idea taht if player A is not on his paladin then HE IS NOT ONLINE AT ALL and not… let me add you on BTAG so that I know on which of the 20 characters you are and on which of the 5 servers you play on.

I like it how it is right now and I don’t see any reason here to change my mind. Bliz obviously agrees since they made it hard to grind on purpose. It’s not like it was an “accident”. Again, go play FF if you like their system and please don’t say again that you play it because you don’t. You tried it out and came back with a couple of concepts that they use and now you demand Blizz to implement them here cause you’re too addicted to to farming achievements on your WoW account.

Game has 3 MAJOR flaws:

Class Design
Too much gating
RNG RNG RNG gearing

1 Like

lmao, we are all entitled to our opinions, and I have NEVER said anything about gearing up and that all my chars should have the beast gear, where in the 7 hells have you got that from, we are talking about essences and that they are locked behind an endless grind of rep. we shouldn’t have to repeat that kind of grind on them for stuff that is essential to playing in 8.2 on alts!

As for having more than 1 char, you obviously do have alts right or are just a level 63 paladin that hasn’t got a clue about current gameplay?
like I said, gearing isn’t an issue, ap isn’t an issue, the issue we are talking about is just ESSENCES? comprende?
I haven’t demanded anything, this is an open discussion!
and alts are there so you can experience the game in another light, legion was a prime example with each class having the orderhall questline, you saying you didn’t do any of that on different characters? give me a break

1 Like

Like said plenty, it’s how it’s not fun and just grind for currency and busy work to keep logging in daily for it. And of course time gated. Also the problem now is mostly when you started a new alt all you had to do was gear it up but now? Nope:

1. LV to 120
  2. Grind AP neck to atleast 65 (big power boost)
  3. Grind gear
  4. Grind currency for essences
  5. Wait several weeks to 2 months for certain BiS essences because they are timegated (the island expedition and raid ones).

Biggest problem getting a char raid ready is the essences, just make them account bound or severly lessen the requirements for them if a char on yoru account already has it.

Oh for the “But you get to learn a rotation” people, if I still don’t know my rotation after 7+ years (monk is youngest alt) of playing said alts I should delete WoW at this point. Yes I know my warlock rotation and I did the green fire challenge when it current slightly undergeared and without gems, flask, pots, food and enchants (only using what the scenario provided you with). Barely but I managed it within a hour perfecting the timings of CDs! Since then my rotation thanks all the pruning only became easier each expac. So there is nothing to learn.

No, it is a good phrase and i am not having an arguement with you.

%90 of the time players do not know what they want, what they don’t want, what is good for them, what is good for the content they are interested in, how their requests will effect other contents and players… etc.

‘‘I want some goals that i can progress, not RNG’’, then Blizzard brings essences and manapearls, same people start crying.

‘‘I want more catch up for my alts’’. Then same people start crying about how their previous ‘work’ for their main was for nothing and now obsolete and how everything became welfare.

etc etc etc.

I don’t really think Blizzard wants you to gear your whole army of alt chars. If you play several hours a day and keep subbed, that would benefit them better. Besides the fact Blizzard probably can’t increase the timeplayed of the complainers, since they are already playing as much as a person can.

so like crafted gear in wod? that was more powerfull then ever before(like up to late heroic ilvl of current raid) but limited slots and could be used from 91 onwards.

2 Likes

I find proffesions where more relevant(even in wod due the crafted gear being veyr powerfull for llvings(a normal archi?ealry hc hfc ilvl weapon at 91 or late(the bosses before hc archi) in ilvls for armor was insane boost.
Being good options for raiders even for mythic as could guarantee the stats with rerols eventually.

But legion and bfa tried to make them more relevant(even cut one out bfa) but its worse then in past really.
you have less usefull stuff to craft or less fun items(like for engineering)