Alts with tradeskills

I usually first lvl my tradeskills alts way way way into an expansion
My tailor/enchanter just now got to dragonflight and I for the first time in my wow history feel lost.
I need sparks to get onward with gaining tradeskills lvl?? wow… thats… yeah… no
I dont feel like I want to play my alts anymore… too overwhelming on what to do…
Why should it be this hard?
The rep needed i can live with, that i can farm on my main and send to alt… but all the rest? And the sheer AMOUNT of trade mats i ned?
Ughn…
Anyone know if the War Within will be just as bad with tradeskills?

1 Like

It very much looks like they are going to continue as is. There was a post made here

That utterly suxs :frowning:
Death to my tradeskill alts
Siiigh
Why make it so complicated…
Ughh

When I re-joined WoW at the end of last year my plan was to have an army of alts with each profession. Then I saw how the profession system had been overhauled and now, there is no way I’m putting that amount of time and effort into an alt to level it.

1 Like

you get 5 ingenuity sparks for free insta on every alt - that alone gives 15 tradeskills if u use it on cheap gear (might even do mog for urself) - every big piece gives 3 skillups
if u do some loamm weekly etc - u get sparks of shadowflame you can use the same way.
you can hunt for work orders and do them.

none of the thing that you think should stop you stopped me from levelling all profs on alts to max. trust me - it won’t even take that long and some of the profs, like blacksmithing, have non-spark things you can craft all the way to 100. so plz dont be a dodo and a quitte and just start working!!

The old complaint was that it was too easy and there was no barrier to entry etc. You’d simply crack open the guide and run back and forwards between the AH and the post box a few times and have max level.

Now its a progression system in itself. Just because you got into the habit of simply and quickly ticking em all off on alts doesn’t mean that was a good or meaningful system either. If the new system is too onerous for you to do on multiple chars - don’t.

It’s that simple.

1 Like

It need some decent catch up, for knowledge points

1 Like

it does have it

1. u can buy a ton of points for mettle from vulpera in valdrakken
  2. barter boulders can give u another bunch (easy to raise rep + buy barter boulders for 100 resources each + 10 weekly from quests and a couple more from sniffenseeking and chests)
  3. all knowledge treasures around DI give a good chunk of points
  4. “not-so-hidden prof trainers give some”
  5. raising renown grants u occasional treasures. IT’s pretty easy to catch up on renown with bonuses and rep tokens

Before you tell me “bt i will NEVER max out prof” - sure but are you all aware that most of points are “pointless” in every prof?
Like, say, leatherworking - there is lik 40 pts to waste on drums and bow making… who needs this? Or illusory stuff for enchanting - thats 40 pts for nothing. OR stones/statues in JEwelcrafting take like 50+ points. OR bombs in engineering don’t have that much value unless you want to have some tricky fun in world pvp???
You can gather a lot of points quickly, fill the most useful parts of the tree (acc. to guids - just read and decide) and you can craft useful stuff and make some gold or gear for urself.
I raised all dragon isles profs on alts effortlessly - max out some of them, didnt max out yet some others but all of them are “useful” and working for me even if i miss out on some knowledge tree parts.
Like… it’s REALLY easy and doesnt take that much time. Trust me on this one.

That isn’t really any significant catch up in knowledge. I did all those bar the mettle trade, I didn’t know that was a thing but I keep my mettle for crafting. The only things I didn’t cap were secondary proffs.

Unless you just mean another buy a book of points type thing, I did every one of those. But not a constant exchange of mettle for points.

Which is why I said there is no significant catch up, actually I didn’t say that in this discussion. Must have been another :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

1 Like

Maybe in TWW there will be a system where knowledge points are account-wide or a way to trade knowledge points for an item of similar value that can be bound to account.

my brother in christ - you get most of ur mettle back from using the knowledge tokens. because somehow the mettle tokens give u mettle when u learn knowledge.

I think you need to calm down :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I realised after I think you’re just talking about the standard buy x number of poitns books and I did all of those.

There is not a constant trade mettle for knowledge from any vendor in game.

1 Like

New world order have finally taken over the game :dart:

1 Like

I won’t even touch it on a main character. This is supposed to be entertainment. The profs in WoW are a pretty warped view of what most want.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much given up too. Getting the knowledge points was fairly simple but the skill points are so hard. I thought I’d make something for my drakthyr which would at least give her a skill point … then I discovered that, though she had the basic mats, she was going to have to buy 100s of gold worth of other stuff to finish it. And I don’t have that much spare gold.
Out of 6 different professions, I’ve got 1 to level 100 … and that was by making a load of stuff that I didn’t want/need and couldn’t sell because it’s bop.

I really hope they won’t continue along the same path in WW as professions used to be a really fun part of the game but really aren’t in their current state.

2 Likes

I dont even know where to go for tradeskills… the tradeskills tutor doesnt give anything and there is like 93923482834213432432 yellow questions marks in Valdrakken… hard to filter out where u need to go.
On alts i have no intention of doing anything but the bare minimum just to get my tradeskills up
atm it just feel like more hazzle than it´s worth

Having maxed out the skill points is only the start of it. The talent tree is where the grief is at. I am amazed they have not taken the time to add in a quicker progression option as yet. It is absolutely pointless for anyone to start a profession now. It will take you close to the next expansion release just to cap it out.

2 Likes

Gained knowledge points via consumables should be ditched in place for KP automatically attained via leveling up your profession…

Absolutely loathe this system in DF that is so unfriendly for alts and late comers.

1 Like

Agree.
The old system was better…
Just give us that back and make it work with workorders…

1 Like

Depends.
I am now doing the Legion professions. For Alchemy you had to do dungeons and raids to get the recipes.

1 Like