TWW - Professions

1 Like

I hope the NPCs doing work orders cover all professions and not just Engi, I have nearly always had to send trivial work orders to alts for nearly all professions.

I’ve not done any Professions in DF.
I hope they’re less convoluted in TWW. Currently they just seem like not fun. Although since I’ve not done any I may be judging it unfairly. There is certain a problem of seeming convoluted. Maybe with some quests explaining things better I might actually get into it.

6 Likes

The knowledge point system is not something I’ve enjoyed myself. I do hope they’ve toned it down.

Professions like Alchemy were quick and simple to max and then the craft armour professions were a complete nightmare in comparison.

It really depends. Alchemy works fine add is a useful side even without maxing it, simply for the prolonged phials buff.

I really enjoyed gathering proffs, leveling them takes but a day, and then you just slowly unlock the extra trees as you pick your preferred perks (though you likely go in order: mounted farm, bonus base skill, perception for the actually important rare endgame mats).

Most crafting skills, and armor-focused in particular, are a pain. Engineering was a bust in DF after being required in SL (but only at rank 1). Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are useful but only if you get your hands on the sought-after recipes, which might never happen. Inscription feels like an afterthought.

1 Like

My wishes for profession changes:

1. A way to reset talents. Right now I feel obliged to follow guides, because I can’t trust myself to make an irreversible decision. That removes all the fun from this talent system. Reasonable cost (like 10k gold) and reasonable cooldown (like 1 week) will be fine.

2. Make public orders as powerful as private orders. Right now private orders feel forced because you want best ilvl and public orders don’t have that option.

3. Make public orders require all reagents. So far, the only public orders I’ve seen are scam orders where buyer wants to pay 5 gold to get craft worth of 1000 gold.

4. Reduce number of public orders per crafter and make it weekly. Something like one craft per week. Otherwise few crafters with no life and clicker bots will just dominate the market, like auction house bots do. Might be good for them, not so much for ordinary players who want to do other things in game.

5. Reduce the overall complexity of the system. Right now it’s extremely convoluted. Both for crafters and for clients.

2 Likes

I will likely stick to just gathering professions and sending the mats to the guild bank.

I can’t believe they didn’t add catch up mechanics for people who fell behind on knowledge in Dragonflight. Hope this is addressed in the new one.

3 Likes

That’s a very good point. I hope so too.

2 Likes

It will be so cool to craft orders from our garrison :cry: I like to be often in my own domain =)

1 Like

only did professions for the related achievements.
but the knowledge system and talents into professions is way to convoluted and really annoying to deal with.

1 Like

Crafting Order System forced people spam in trade channel. Profession points being not resetable is not good. Racial bonuses and hidden proc rate were annoying. Early bug exploiters didn’t get any punishments. Gathering died in S3 and will stay dead in S4 because there were no new materials introduced. Some materials being rare while we have regional market brought monopoly to the market such as Shadowflame Essences. S3 and S4 didn’t bring anything new or useful recipes/new materials. I hope it will be different in TWW.

1 Like

I have a suggestion: Change ALL profession recipes and patterns that are now Bind on Pickup (BoP - Soulbound) to being Warbound so these recipes and patterns could be transfered to alts using Warbands bank. I’m mainly talking about those who you loot from zone drops, raid trash mobs etc. It’s not great feeling and motivation when the desired recipe finally drops and it’s unusuable because that recipe or pattern dropped on “wrong” character that doesn’t have the profession it dropped for.

3 Likes

The crafting system in DF is the worst I have seen in any game bar none. The idea that they are continuing in the same vein in the next expansion puts me off even playing the expansion.

Blizz knows that professions are integral with performance enhancement, and yet they made it a gold sink. My tinfoil hat syndrome says it was nothing more than a scheme to sell more tokens. I avoid a few game companies because of their practises with lootboxes. There is no difference between their practises and what Blizz has done with crafting in WoW.

4 Likes

Q: In what world is a Work Order system better than a Free Market system?

A: Only in World of Warcraft.

So instead of taking the hint and removing the Work Orders system because of the players’ lack of interest in participating, they instead just replaced some players with NPCs.

Problem solved, right?

That’s how stupid they think we are?! They must think that, right?

I really dislike the new profession system but they’ve said they’re sticking to it. Guess I’ll have to make gold a different way.

2 Likes

I didn’t even understand how it works so I never did anything with it. If they continue it I really hope for an extremely detailed tutorial :smiley:

1 Like

I love crafting and as I levelled all the professions to the max (all skilltrees) all I can say is that DF crafting system was overengineered by an unpaid intern who doesn’t understand this game at all. I get the idea they had when designing it, but the implementation is very poor.

One of the things that pisses me off for example is that public orders are a joke and they didn’t even bother to add a simple filter to hide troll orders with no mats and they were asked to do it thousands of times, they just don’t care.

From what I see the new system won’t change much, we already had mettle (Illustrious insight) to combat randomness of fully loaded max ilvl crafts, so concentration will be actually worse, because you won’t have a chance to proc a higher ilvl/quality craft unless you wish to spend your concentration, which is capped, and mettle technically was not capped at all; yeah, yeah, I know there is limited amount of mettle you can get per week, however at this point of time it’s not a problem because many people have thousands of mettle sitting in their banks.

Some pun intended - the inspiration change is inspired, and I love it.

I’m a big fan of crafting, but the current system just sucks.
I like the trees and that you can unlock your own path, but getting these points to actually do so is way too tedious.

I’m about the max out mining, but blacksmithing? I’m not even close…

Also for the love of everything that’s holy, stop putting recipes behind RNG.
Either guarantee the drop of a killed rare, or introduce ways to force spawn it with crafted items.

2 Likes