An upper limit for topic creation

To be honest it’s best to ignore topics if they are going to wind you up. Some topics I don’t even bother with, you know they are going to be full of hate of a minority, gender or sexual orientation.

5 Likes

And that lesson is hard learned on this fox… Believe you me :sweat_smile: I still slip up tho… at times…

2 Likes

Jikes, guess i should be more observant then… as i only know the hunter, shaman and ofc the paladin

1 Like

We’re mostly on the same page here. I just have an issue with the amount and who is making them and how they behave about it. Those topics I listed were all made by Twil.

I didn’t mean to make them out to be completely useless. Just wanted to make a counterpoint to the author of the post I was replying to, who was suggesting that they are more constructive than players discussing issues with the game design and proposing solutions.

2 Likes

Everyone is free to make the topic that they wish or dont to make. Not all topics in the general discussions have to be feedback oriented. And if people decide to care more about those that aren’t then thats on the people who don’t care… And that goes for everybody. Your all free to post and create your own threads as you feel fit. But if your thread isn’t getting the attention you thought it would, Its no ones fault.

1 Like

Yes, I understand. Isn’t there an in-game tip that says something like “Remember to enjoy all things in moderation” - the same could be said for making forum threads :rofl: Normally when we talk about moderation on the forums, we mean an external moderator keeping us in line, but of course everyone should be able to exercise moderation themselves and think before they post/spam/reply to their own posts!

1 Like

Blizzard should make a completely new ‘‘Feedback and ???’’ Channel for our forums. for us all to put our hearts in.

So no one gets anything mixed up in the wrong intentions. (Granted they would actually give a :poop: about them and not just ignore and never read them completley)

You interpret my post as arrogant and that is up to you. You mentioned a point that had no bearing on my post, I pointed it out. If you call that arrogance that’s up to you, but I’d appreciate not throwing around such personal terms in a thread where you are chastising others for “being mean” (particularly where the poster you’re replying to, me, hasn’t made any personal comments towards you) because it does look a little like “one rule for me one rule for thee”.

Nothing in my post warranted you to comment on my character in such an irrelevant manner. The fact that the conversation has revolved to that escapes me given I simply replied to you, which you took personally.

Disagree with me, argue the point. Call my points bust. But as soon as you start talking about “the kind of person I am” as some kind of commentary, I fast lose interest. It’s boring and totally unnecessary. And as said, where you’re telling others off for doing it, it’s frankly ridiculous looking.

I’ll leave it there. I’m off to bake doughnuts with my kids.

1 Like

Regarding the OP’s point, I get that regular spam or unnecessary posts are annoying…I’ve been frustrated by it in the past too. However, limiting thread creations would only result in either the forums becoming very quiet or people using multiple alts (more than they do already) to create posts.

The flagging system, more robust implementation of the forum regulations, and Battlenet-wide accounts would help reduce these frustrations whilst still allowing forum activity to continue.

With respect, I find your forum posts to always be doom and gloom. Everyone seems to always be attacking you or someone has become part of your coveted ignore list…it is a shame to see that you are embroiled in so many forum arguments which makes me wonder if you don’t secretly thrive off it. :thinking:

That said, it’s not part of the OP’s point for this thread so I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Thats the 4th time you have said that to me which i am starting to find very annoying please stop .
Getting boring and you continue it i will have no option to flag and place on ignore .

i have made like two threads ever since i started using the forums. imagine graciously donating all those unused topics to Twilly, oh my god, i d love to watch the forum crash and burn lol.

2 Likes

yeah you get it you just dont give a hoot because Twilly does what Twilly wants. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That would probably become a thing. I am at my post limit, can you post this for me etc.

3 Likes

It’s just occured to me that if they tied this to Trust Level Twilly would be doomed :laughing:

2 Likes

They’d have to hire a new mod just for him :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Can do, sounds like General discussion, as in stuff that doesn’t belong elsewhere.

Then your Belief is misplaced. That isn’t feedback, it is generally shouty rants with no actual feedback that any company will, nor for that matter -should- take seriously. If that is your idea of customer feedback, then you can hardly be surprised that Blizzard simply ignore it. -If- Blizzard took the frequently abusive posts on said matters as actual constructive feedback and acted upon it, then we would see a hell of a lot more threads on the same spam method going “Huh, you listened to -that- person, but don’t listen to -me- when I say to Nerf X Class! Typical!”

That is not Feedback in the slightest. Especially when posted in a place not designed for Feedback on said aspects of the game. Let us not pretend that these egotists post here for everyone else’s betterment. Let us not entertain that bizarre conceit for a moment.

But…But It’s Feedback, and surely better posted here, than somewhere relevant with an equal chance of being observed! I hate how people are actually being chipper and jovial, I -NEED- to make everyone else hate the game, I am not having fun, so no one else -should- be having fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

There may be a reason for that. Because there is no singular, coherent view on what is wrong with facets of the game, what are they supposed to do, take all of these views on board, implement them and then the next day go “Oh, hang on, that change is not popular with some sweary person on the internet, best change it back, oh, no, wait, another angry person disagrees with them, best not, hold fire on…oh, no, the Original poster just called someone a name, they must be right after all, we’d best make our international policy based on an angry teen who can’t handle their anger issues on a public forum!”

Yep, and two of them are Spam. This is now how we should view any PvE or PvP threads that appear multiple times when one is still active. To do otherwise would be hypocritical, no?

Yep. If there is more than One, that is too many. One is fine. More is Spam. I am getting my flags ready to hammer some reports of duplicate whinges. I never wanted to, but attitudes like the OP’s have made me see the truth. The General Discussion Forum needs to be taken back for General Discussion, and not endless regurgitation as some sort of idiotic way for whingers to use the wrong forum section. Beware. Thee shall be flagged if making a duplicate PvP or PvE thread when one already exists! By Ire be purged! :rofl:

1 Like

You are welcome to act as you see fit although I cannot find any evidence to see that I have broken the CoC by using that expression nor see that I have used it four times (although I am aware I have said it to you before). The CoC refers to “excessive” use of an expression and whilst it does not quantify what is meant by excess, I would be inclined to think it is more than four. However, Blizzard do reserve the right to use their own discretion and interpretation so if you feel that it is excessive, I shall take my chances with that.

Given you ignored the point made and chose to react badly to two words that weren’t overly antagonistic doesn’t help your case.

Anyway, I’ve said all I will on this matter so feel free to have the last word if it will bring you the closure you need. :smiley:

2 Likes

i have to admit, i almost made a KSM thread yesterrday, but only to say"Thank goodness i dont need to rush KSM this season because theres only recolors xD"

but i didnt :c

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

Unlike the US forums, EU does not have a specific “off topic” forum (though there is the "Games, Gaming & Hardware" forum :wink:). This does mean that more leeway may sometimes be given to posts - especially when they’re positive threads encouraging friendly interaction between posters in our community.

However the moderation team can (and does) close topics that are considered as unnecessary to the forums.

As always, please continue to flag posts that you believe do not follow the code of conduct. You only need to flag a post once and if other posters agree they’ll also flag the post, then the moderation team will handle flagged posts accordingly.

Thanks for keeping this civil!

9 Likes

The forums is boring without Twiluna’s threads

2 Likes