And horde mode's back

The only reason AOO/extra bonus exists is to reduce number of single faction overflow shards. Zone faction balance isn’t relevant. But how about an alternative to AOO, with compensation to Horde.

3 Likes

I agree that it is not entirely fair to always have the buff in a vacuum, but since those don’t alter the combat aspect, it should not matter.

The buff is there to make it more attractive for Alliance players to turn war mode on, nothing else.

If they actually tried balancing the numbers locally through a buff that strenghtens your stats, then we’d quickly have something like the Tenacity buff back in Wintergrasp… and it didn’t solve anything.

Although in smaller increments, such a buff could make sense to balance the fights themselves a bit. But it’s very hard to tune this correctly and not worth the effort in my mind.

3 Likes

A universal “weekly chest” for War Mode for both Factions would alleviate the feeling of Horde being punished for just playing the game mode while Alliance get rewarded for not bothering.

Rewards should be wholely PvP based. I’d even want PvP-orientated gear. That is one way to deter the PvE’ers. Weekly progression to weekly reward could be done based on participation with an varying bonus to progression for being outnumbered.

But immediate rewards should still be based on immediate threat. If you are actually outnumbered or not.

Currently War Mode can be played normally without any barriers. Horde seem to be able to play without fuss but Alliance have to be force. Blizzard made War Mode about rewards when they started bribing the Alliance. Worse still, promoting Alliance PvE’ers while trying to push away Horde PvE’ers is a rather nasty set of double standards.

There needs to be incentive on both sides. Just playing the game mode is no longer an incentive - gear and bonuses are. There needs to be someghing for both sides.

There still needs to be a focus on zone/area/shard population. Its definitely relevant if you get corpse camped by 7 people while they still get an “outnumbered” bonus. Its definitely relevant when someone is getting an outnumbered bonus at a WQ when no enemy faction player is within 1000m of them.

But adding buffs, bonuses and welfare gear then removes “just playing the game mode” as an incentive, meaning that Horde are punished for just playing normally without fuss.

I had thought about how a “defiance” buff could give players a bit of a Heroic Stand Against Overwhelming Odds in combat. Not probably winning but being hard to pin to the floor and beat quickly to death.

That’d probably not really help, and adding a power component could make some fights possibly unfair for the larger party.

Simply adjusting the bonus to rewards and ability to progress AOO quests should be dependent on nearby Ally:Enemy ratios. Thats a bonus that could work.

Adding something further to deter cross-faction deterence would also be needed.

Zone balance, to me, seems fine. It fluctuates. Sometimes I am outnumbered, sometimes outnumberer, sometimes even’ish. I’d rather have that, than a phony bg style balance enforced with queue system or even more phasing, or players shard hopping to get a zone balance bonus.

To me, being outnumbered in a zone is a fun challenge, rather than something I need rewarded for. However, being outnumbered in EU region is an issue for Horde, because they end up on overflow shards, not a problem for Alliance.

But to get more Alliance, incentive is needed. If fairness matters, something as simple as give Horde compensation is all we need. Not something that would increase Horde in WM, otherwise balance ratio would not get closer. Just something to cheer them up.

Why are there less Alliance WPvPers? Could be a few reasons. But if we think about it, with all the different factors, why should they be the same? Problem is, they need to be the same or close, to minimize the overflow shards for Horde.

1 Like

Crazy that these posts are still popping up. It’s been this way the entirety of BfA, and it is swings and roundabouts. There is as good a chance that you will find zones/quests/hotspots being dominated by Horde, as there is of them being dominated by Alliance. I have been ganked, corpse-farmed and 20 v 1’d. I have also found large Alliance groups that are dominating, and be on the good side of it. No one can complain about their faction being dominated, because it is happening to someone else, on another server, on the other faction. If you don’t like it, turn WM off. It is really that simple…

If the issue is that players have the ability to say whatever they want, offensive in whatever way, report them, block them and move on. If Blizzard do something, great, if they don’t, well we’ll never know nor will we have to deal with that individual again. It’s an online platform, gotta get yourself some thick-skin.

2 Likes

The only thing that’s quite dumb are multiboxers.

Here on German Blackmoore, Chocokartell is active again, one of the more notorious MBers.

Multiboxing ruins War Mode, since they lag the f*** out of anyone going near him, he’s UHDK on 10-15 toons, couln’t be bothered to count tbh.

Blizz needs to change the rules as follows: One button = 1 input PER ONE SINGLE CLIENT.

If you can’t do that without external software, well tough luck.

1 Like

The thing is… Multiboxing initially used 0 extra software whatsoever. You’d either have a physical contraption to physically press multiple keys on different keyboards at once, or just have the same wireless keyboard hooked up to a bunch of receivers on different PCs. So while in practice it would limit the max amount of characters, it would not stop multiboxing. Would those multiboxers then be some somehow more moral or permissible in your view?

This is also why Blizzard allows multiboxing software. Because you can do the exact same thing without any. The limitation would be arbitrary.

Think of it like this. You put a popsicle stick over your 1-5 keys and press down on it. 1 physical press, 5 keys got pushed. Did you automate 4/5? If so which ones? Blizzard says no you did not. This is all multiboxing software does. It’s just a bunch of fancy virtual popsicle sticks. Granted there are physical limits to popsicle sticks, but if you’re allowed to do it on 5, then why not 6? Why not 10? Why not 20? In the end the number is irrelevant if you establish that the core concept is permissible.

1 Like

No, in that sense it isn’t automation, but still.

One single human in front of the PC should not be allowed to coordinate more than 1 character. That’s what’s the main problem in this. It’s that one person has the control over an army.

Another one is the horrendous lag it causes whenever you fight them or are near them. You die before you can act.

Multiboxing should just not work in PvP. I don’t care what they do elsewhere, but ban it completely from PvP.

I’ve heard the arguement time and time again that yes, a group against a MBer will always win, and this is true, but that’s the point. You’re required to assemble a lot of different people who might not even be there in order to stop ONE SINGLE PERSON.

I can only agree with people like this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9brnh4/warmode_and_multiboxers/e55c8vn/

And yes the horde mode’s back blizzard either needs to buff the reward for turning wm on or give us something there’ll even the odds.

This is one - they insulting official in forums: Why cry now? - #48 by Arkamedix-twisting-nether

This is a bigger one - but i’m tired to get blamed as whiner and snowflake and othe strange words. Blizzard just dont care anymore.

They “fixed” the PVP Event - they did deactivate it for most ppl cause they cant fix theyr sharding-system. This is why “hordemode” is back. Hordeplayers on RP Servers have my sympathy cause they not get sharded away to normal servers. They stay on RP servers and there alliance is most 90% of playerbase. i know there are also horde rp servers. but i dont see why they dont open sharding for rp servers also so the players there have some fun in pvp.

NO dont buff rewards cause that just turns it around 100% - we all want pvp and fun - they should fix sharding.

Utterly unplayable this moment for Alliance in most shards. I log in, alliance base is FILLED with horde doing their weekly “kill 25 quest”, and they don’t just do that for 5 mins and then leave, cause new ppl keep coming/Logging in, so this moment its been going on for 1,5 hours. Cant quest with warmode on, can’t even survive long enough to pick up the quests and leave base.

This fudge has got to stop. ATLEAST make Jaina and co. NUKE their asses when they enter alliance base. Cant believe we are just hunted prey for horde players having the time of their lives.

This doesn’t make me want to pay to move 13 chars to horde side, and it doesn’t make me want to turn off a big part of the game with turning warmode off (i don’t care about the reward part). No but it makes me want to STOP playing it. I want to want to play it. But i get depressed playing this state of the game. Later in the week when 100% of the horde are tired of ganking/controlling us, we can turn back warmode on and get the weekly quests done. But on reset days and the following, we have to find a shard with some remote resemblance to balance. At this moment, I’ve joined groups on 5 different shards, where all 5 had horde raids in alliance base… I give up. On my map is over 10 horde assassins. Great. Fun.

Fix it, or I will just return to other games until I can return to a playable state of the game. I will check for it, cause i WANT to want to play!

/Toot

1 Like

I agree. And it’d be so awesome to get jaina to go super sayan and summon an army of water elementals. I mean we’re under the water she should have no issue doing that and then having them to corpse camp the horde until the learn the errors of their ways and all of their gear’s red and broken.

If your pvp skills were half as good as your QQ skills, a 40 man horde raid would be no match for you.

4 Likes

Wrong. We are on the bottom of the sea…not under water. Or havent you noticed the walls of water around Nazjartar?

@Rottenheim: Uhhh look… I think your knob just grew 0.1 inches from that snarky comment. You must feel so big and proud. Congratulations. You are a tough guy. Yay… Go you!

You probably didnt mind camping quests and fp in Voldun to do your kill 25 horde welfare quest?

3 Likes

It did indeed, and yes, i am a tough guy. Yay me!

/Flex
2 Likes

Allys crying still i see :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Logged of my alt Warlock in mezzamere yesteday, logged back into him today with a horde raid inside mezzamere killing everything there and its not even the battle for nazjatar event. Yeah I wonder why the enlisted bonus went up to 25% for this week, next week it will be 30%.

1 Like