And horde mode's back

I usually notice more Alliance during Wednesday/Thursday and then Tuesday. So a rush at the start, nothing at during mid-week but a rush at the end too

Between those the Alliance population drops and the few you do see seem RATHER (Edit: Thank you, Türiel) passive at best.

Really shows that its just a case of the Alliance not being arsed to properly War Mode. Thats an Alliance problem, so why suould they be rewarded for it, and why should the Horde lose out just because theh play the mode normally?

First of all what’s an a rqthrr. And secend of all we get the bonus because we’re outnumbered. Get that understood and stop trying to get your horde mode back.

3 Likes

Meant to say “rather” as in “relatively” or “mostly but not always”. Stupid autocorrect picks and chooses what it will and will not correct. Cheers for the pointer.

When 8 Alliance fight 2 Horde players then the Alliance players are not outnumbered. Do you understand the concept of 8 being larger than 2?

Neither side should get an outnumbered buff when there are more of their own faction than the opposing faction in that zone, in that area and in that shard.

An out numbered buff should scale up and down depending on the ratio of enemy players within distance were they could be a genuine threat to you.

Do you understand this, Türiel, or are you going to be a stubborn lump as always?

3 Likes

Proximity based bonus, or WPvP activity based, is fine by me. But we’d need some other mechanism to rebalance region faction balance.

• Problem: less A WPvPers than H WPvPers.
  • Solution: increase A WPvPers without increasing H WPvPers, and balance PvEers per faction.
  • Mechanism: ?
1 Like

Yes! So proximity based bonus means that players who do play War Mode will be more inclined to seek each other out even if there are more enemies about. Only problem there would be to ensure no cross-faction co-ordination.

Perhaps some “court martial” debuff or reward reduction could be put in place?

The way to make more Alliance WPvPers play War Mode is to incentives WPvP. There should be more PvP rewards for longer periods of having War Mode on and participating. Like a weekly chest based on your participation over the entire week.

Fair enough, people who lack the time would get far poorer rewards than those “no-lifers” that live and breath WPvP, but it would still mean that both factions wouldn’t dip in and out of War Mode as often.

If there was more to do in War Mode, rather than just benefits, like capture towers across Azeroth. Actual player driven events and activities that could see a battleline shift from just South of Silvermoon all the way down to just North of Stormwind, with Ironforge heavily under siege.

Could then lead to open world raids on Major Cities, with legions of NPCs following. This could require major guild participation to build up, and information could be leaked to the opposing side to allow them to counter. All assaults would be eventually repelled but whether or not the attackers win any reward from it would depend on the opposing factions response.

That all said, these ideas may bring players in but there may be a need for other incentives that are balanced for both sides to be brought in. Any ideas?

1 Like

Incentives to WPvP good. Has to be something that ‘turns’ non WPvPers into WPvPers tho.

However… to fix WPvPer faction imbalance in region, need more Alliance WPvPers and not more Horde ones… or both increase, but more Alliance… in the region.

How? Without making Horde feel even worse :slight_smile:

TLDR: You have the option to turn off war mode, you choose to keep it on then you deal with the baggage that comes with it, no point coming to forums and crying like a muppet!

4 Likes

On my shard the last 3 weeks alliance have 20% enlisted bonus.

15% is for EU region not shard. It’s been 15% last few weeks, not sure why you would see it as 20%. Hmm. I definitely am not getting aoo or 20%.

Unless they changed something?

1 Like

its 15% on my alliance characters

2 Likes

Ye, thought so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes its a new week :smiley: this week it is “only” 15% last 3 weeks before it was 20%

Hmm… I was sure it was 15% in recent weeks. Anyone confirm? Could be an age thing on my part.

1 Like

Resto shaman is 2nd worst healer atm not sure what you talking about kiddo

I was getting my Alliance Slayer title in the 3 weeks before this.
So you can trust me that it was 20%… then again you are a night elf…

4 Likes

What’s that surposed to mean?

Ok, I must have done so many AOO’s that I do em on automatic and forget hehe. But, please don’t burn my other tree down!

1 Like

She cannot do that again she lost the one in charge of the horde army. And if she even does that to the neutral faction she’ll lose the horde. And this war has just only begun.

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/1371799906cef9a50bf777a3eec94bc5

Look at the war resources number. Ponder.

Now look at it again: https://gyazo.com/1371799906cef9a50bf777a3eec94bc5

Do you want to know where they are coming from? If you guessed “Jesus christ who tf does every single world quest every single day?!” then you’d guess correctly.

Since August 2018. Not a single time did I disable war mode. Do you understand the concept of your single situation as an example for the whole timeframe war mode has existed, not being relevant at all?

If I tell you that overall, most of the time, there actually ARE way more horde on almost all the shards, with huge exceptions of course, would you take that as more likely to be true?

I’m on a German realm, Alliance. Ever since they introduced the Aoo quest, war mode truly has improved A LOT, and I truly mean it. Overall, I’ve had more fair fights and nothing above 2v1 than I’ve had previously. But as a solo player, it’s striking that it’s an almost 4:1 ratio in occurence of a situation where I, as a solo player, encounter a group of 2-5 or more appearing for a world quest, than it is in reverse.

Moreso, whenever I encounter an assassin followed by 5-8 people and try to muster a group, I type /who. You know what’s funny? It’s more rare to actually see more players listed there as there are enemies currently in that spot.

Again, the overall experience is more than fine now and I’m really happy with war mode. But for the love of god, please just accept the fact that there are just more, WAY more ACTIVE lvl 120 Horde players than there are Alliance. This is evident whether you do PvP, World PvP, Arenas or PvE. There are always 2-4x more people in LFG on Horde side than there are on Alliance.

The faction balance is just skewed because after Legion, almost every PvE progress guild went Horde for the benefits, and the playerbase shifted gradually towards that.

Most recent numbers also underline this clearly:

`https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofpvp/comments/c42wq7/participation_numbers_bfa_s1s2_yikes/`
4 Likes

So I take it that you just don’t understand the concept of real zone population versus regional.

Regional you will never ever ever see because the servers and majority of PCs are not designed to run with that many thousands of players on rendered on screen. The shards distribute the population out.

Real zone population is what you can see and be affected by in terms of allied and enemy faction players. Just because you are outnumbered regionally doesn’t mean you are outnumbered “locally”.

Explain to me how it is fair that the Alliance still get an outnumbered buff even when they outnumbered all Horde in that Shard?

How on earth does it matter that there are more Horde elsewhere, offline or in a different shard when those players have mo effect on you?

If there are more Horde around you than Alliance, then you can have your welfare bonuses. When you are actually outnumbered. Otherwise, you should not be getting any benefits when you are not in danger, are on equal grounds or have the numbers advantage.

1 Like