And horde mode's back

So today at the vol’dun assult. The horde mode’s back and so far we’ve been unable to get a few more groups to counter their massive amounts of huge groups. And no don’t tell me to get good. Noone with the right skills can solo so many players. And they’re so many i cannot even do the assult at all. Also a taruan told me this after i called him out on that the horde cannot 1vs1 me and they can only do ganking pvp. He told me something about how all Alliance’s gay and brainless monkys. But i reported him i just hope that blizzard bann him. Also it’d be nice if blizzard could buff the reward for killing 25 hordies. Else horde mode will return.

6 Likes

I feel invasions are now a Horde feature. They are certainly unplayable for Alliance.

8 Likes

Same i bet it was ion’s idea as he just loves the horde and he hates the alliance.

2 Likes

Well, Ion does play resto shaman and look at how they are in PvP now (hint: you can just sit in ghost wolf form and you won’t die cause of their passive self healing :smile: )

Anyway, I’ve done the invasion a couple hours ago on one character, it was horde all around, not even joining groups would help, I just phased to another shard infested with horde. I managed to complete it eventually, but it really was tiring.

Then I logged another character and it was the other way around, we just camped the hill where they have that final quest, so they would just come one by one and we killed them just like that, it was so satisfying :joy:

I think the sharding system is messed up, because it always is like that - one of the factions is completely dominating while the other is barely present.

4 Likes

They needs to fix it.

2 Likes

Today morning, at the Drustvar invasion the role was oposite. It took me more than 1,5h to finish the 5 quests, because i was too stubborn to disable WM.
2 massive allied group camped the “Azerite zone” and the zone between farm and that small city. Basically, 4 out of 5 quests where camped.
From how i see it, its exactly the oposite. What i dont understand, is that this is happening on a horde dominant server (Twisting Nether).
From my observations i think Blizz added a feature that when players que for “pvp groups” , to be moved in oposite faction majoritar server. So for example alliance players are moved on horde dominant servers (like Twisting Nether) and horde groups are moved on alliance dominant servers (like Silvermoon).
I think they do it on purpose, to force the oposite faction to activate wm and fight.
From my BFA/WM experience untill now, Twisting Nether was always a server dominated by alliance groups that where slauthering everything in theyr path. Eveeytime when we have a invasion, even in Zandalar (horde continent), there is always minimum one large ally group that kills everything.

1 Like

Just today I saw 3 alliance players with bounty while doing the assault.

When will people get it? It goes both ways.

4 Likes

Fyi server has nothing to do with WM. Only matters when WM off, or if on normal or RP server. WM on, we are on faction balanced shards, with normal and RP seperated.

3 Likes

No the horde outnumber The Alliance so even if we do fight back they just out number us and if the horde harass us like that taruan did they won’t even get a bann as blizzard gives you all special treatment.

You dont get it. The problem is NOT that the horde outnumbers the alliance. The statistics (wowprogress, realmpop,raiderIO,etc) say that per total, the population ration between horde and alliance on EU region is 51% for horde and 49% for the alliance. So 1% difference cant be considered as “outnumber”. We speak about a total EU population of around 2,5-3 milion players at most. So 1% out of 3 mil isnt such a huge difference to be considered a real threat for the other faction. Yes, if we woulded speak about trillions of trillions of players, then 1% would be considerable.
The real problem is why so few percentage of alliance players enable WM and the majority DONT? That the question…

And you completly ignore the fact that you’re allowed to say and do whatever you’d like to do and not get banned.

That 1% is not a WM %, we don’t know how much Alliance are outnumbered in WM.

If Horde outnumber Alliance in WM by say 20%, that’s huge. But it’s a guess. If 10% still a lot, but still a guess. It obviously fluctuates as well, because outnumbered bonus changes.

The reason the % matters, is because those excess Horde have to go somewhere. They go to single faction overflow shards. That’s bad, but seems to be less common since AOO. Good.

The numbers of Alliance turning on WM compared to Horde are not that different now we have AOO. We know because the outnumbered bonus is 10% Horde, 15% Alliance. We don’t know the actual ratio, but this is when it’s been closest.

At start of BfA the faction balance in WM was closer, but a shard issue caused an overpop of Horde in shards, triggering Alliance to WM off. The issue was fixed, but damage was done, and the perception of imbalance remained, losing more Alliance. Meanwhile more Horde WM’d on for free bonus on overflow shards. It was either steadily getting worse, or the gap was just too much for Blizz to accept… the whole point of WM shards being to have seperate balanced individual shards, not an excess of single faction overflow shards.

What we have now is much better. Less overflow shards, active duel faction shards, a better balance of opponent types wpvpers and pveers, variety of motivations and ethics, and pve+pvpers, sometimes outnumbered, sometimes outnumberer. A rich target environment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with that it was a great thing to get our bonus out there. Before we got it out i was one of the very few from The Alliance in war mode. I even got my horde slayer achievment/title from it by hard work while the horde get it easilly.

2 Likes

You know why this is dont you?

Its because alliance can only be bothered to turn on WM then there is free loot on offer and + bonus.

If you guys could convince each other to keep WM on, despite low rewards ( like most horde do 24/7) then you wouldn’t get out numbered.

when the free loot quest is up, there are ton’s of alliance at invasions…

Experiment has failed Blizz, remove the reward quest.

3 Likes

No free loot now and we are at invasion hehe.

2 Likes

YOU might be. But I did the Tiragarde invasion about an hour and half ago.

Saw one single solitary alliance toon. A lvl 116 monk riding past as I killed mobs for a quest…

From My PoV theres a definite pattern where I only seem to see significant numbers of Alliance when the loot quest is up. Theres been a few times I’ve hadd no idea the quest is up, and then been surprised to find hundreds of alliance in stormsong.

Experiment has failed imho. Even free loot doesn’t seem to be enough to persuade alliance to keep wm on.

Maybe if WM toggling had a CD…?

Ya know what, after shard hopping around, it’s been a slow night for seeing both Horde and Alliance.

Or a traitor system for WM off!

Well i went to bed and i diden’t have time to do the assult. But how’s one surposed to make the Alliance keep war mode on to actelly pvp?

Change the entire dynamic of the Alliance? The Alliance have always been the Paragon “Good Guys” of Warcraft with all the usual fantasy trope characters and races.

People who want to forever be the good guys and the winning side without question will gravitate towards the Alliance and PvE because there they are supplied with both.

Horde, on the other hand, by its very nature is the Anti-Hero “Good Guy” faction. Their morality is grey and they are not always winners. The Horde is more grounded in the “realism” of one side not always winning, not always being the good guys or simply not being the only justifiable cause.

PvP emulates this by both sides involved having justifiable cause to be “the good guy winner”.

To change anything would require a time machine to go back and rewrite the Alliance as morally grey.

For now, its not Blizzard’s or the Horde’s fault for any Alliance disadvantage - its the Alliance not bothering to play.

3 Likes

Ban him for what, goading you!? This is WAR, soldier.

Did you mention it in your Guild / community? Someone could have brought you over to their shard to finish up if they’d known.

Good question.
I think people who want/need to turn it off, should have the option to.
I’d encourage keeping WM on by having reasons to pvp other than 15% more War Resources. Personally, I enjoy wPvP for things like raiding/defending, bounty hunting, revenge! (& playing without honour talents just feels weird now).

2 Likes