Annoying Forum layout change

Adblock and ublock origin got rid of it for me.

1 Like

“DOWNLOAD BATTLE NET PLEASE”

like bro I already have it. no need to take up precious web page space with an unnecessary message

3 Likes

Yeah AdBlock has got rid of the big bar, I’m suffering the small one as I need that one.

1 Like

What you talking about? Bar floating but on the top of site, like previous. Or you talking about mobile version?

Unfortunately not an option on my work laptop!

How it looks now

How mine looks after using AdBlock to hide the big bar

1 Like

I didn’t find this annoying, there was a bar in previous layout too.

If it was a solid bar that acted as the top of the page at all times, it would have been fine. But the fact that it’s in two parts with a gap in between, and the top bar is transparent so that you can see the text of the posts behind it, it feels like it’s in the way.

2 Likes

The solid bar was smaller as well.

whoever thought up this forum update should be banished to the Shadowlands to farm souls in the Maw for all eternity

3 Likes

5 minutes in paint. Top bar at 100% width, no gap at the top, bottom bar 100% width and no gap between the two. Takes up way less space and is much less distracting so I wouldn’t mind this always being at the top nearly as much as the current version.

1 Like

Yep, I have already clicked into the Overwatch forums by accident.

Very silly design tbh.

3 Likes

I hit the download bnet and off it went took me to another page to start :smile:

Am so glad I removed it.

1 Like

Its super annoying. Its a bar i absolutely never needed to click. And now its obnoxiously permanently in your face. I only visit the general forums anyway so no need to go to another forum and i dont switch characters on the forums so why would i need to have that in my face as well.

Another typical blizz change. Making things worse wich worked fine for years, for absolutely no reason at all. Only forum moderators might have use for this as they need to switch forums. Otherwise the only people liking this change are people wich constantly change chars for the sake of trolling

1 Like

Noticed as well. At first I thought that my browser was bugging out or something. :rofl:

1 Like

Damn people will whine about everything :rofl:

It actually covers part of the reply screen on my phone.

I was just about to say it looks fine on my phone too, then I see this when replying to you. The reply screen is not fine on phone.

Not been on the PC yet today.

2 Likes

its not just anything. this kind of stuff is exactly why i use addblockers as well. This is as annoying as pop up adds covering your screen.

2 Likes

Who did this web design? It is disaster so please change or remove, thanks!

3 Likes

Webdesign used to be a passionate hobby of mine, so I put my skills back into use and figured out a pair of ublock origin filters that make it acceptable for me.

The first one removes the big bar with the DOWNLOAD BATTLENET rubbish on it.

The second one moves the now floating bar to the top of the viewport (bit sadly it still remains glued there).

! 2023-01-27 https://eu.forums.blizzard.com
eu.forums.blizzard.com##blz-nav
! 2023-01-27 
eu.forums.blizzard.com##.d-header:style(position: absolute !important; top:0 !important;)

Edit: Fixed a typo that broke the second filter.