Annoying Forum layout change

I see that the Forum menu bar is now floating over the page rather than docked at the top of the page. Does anyone else find this super annoying or is it just me?

Edit: Now fixed, much kudos to Blizz for listening to feedback.

43 Likes

Agreed, I don’t like it.

And I don’t like the bar at the very top, either. I don’t want nor need to download battle net client, nor do I give a flying rat’s butt about your other games.

11 Likes

I don’t mind the floating menu bar, as it saves having to scroll to the top to change forums if you’re halfway through a thread and can’t be bothered to go on.

What I don’t like is the top bar for changing game forums nor the fact that I can see the text and forum avatars scrolling behind the floating bars.

6 Likes

Agree, menu is way too invasive.

5 Likes

I’m currently finding it very annoying. Someone mentioned an ad blocker getting rid of it but I’ve had no luck so far.

I don’t need a bar floating and taking up the top part of my screen, blocking my view.

Also I have battle net, I don’t need a big box telling me to download it.

13 Likes

That’s what I’m finding annoying, my eyes can’t ignore it.

3 Likes

It’s nice on phones, looks horrible on PCs. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

I doubt there’ll be a reply, but the thread’s there in case:

4 Likes

I hope they will revert to previous layout. This new one is not good.

3 Likes

Yeah this change is very annoying.
It feels like a mobile-webpage now and I don’t like it one bit and complained for a good half hour on discord with my friends.

a huge button telling me to download battle.net makes no sense when I am signed in and the the forum require an active subscription to post and comment.

It’s such a large bar that just follows as i am scrolling blocking my view.
If the bar was on the sides I wouldn’t care about it.
Probably wouldn’t be a big deal if I had my monitor in portrait mode but I don’t.

1 Like

Can you imagine that bar on your average mobile phone screen, you’d never get to see much of any posts :laughing:

Stop giving them ideas!

1 Like

I tried it on my phone and since the screen is not as wide it doesnt get the same bar.

If you change your browser from maximised and make it as narrow as a phone screen the download button etc disappear to a menu button to the left instead with a smaller bar at the top and it looks much better.

I hate it.

4 Likes

Unfortunately if I do that, I can’t read it.

I was agreeing with Jito that it’s good it’s not showing on mobile :wink:

1 Like

this might make the forums even less usable now

1 Like

looks like homeless software

1 Like

I think it’s alright, but it should disappear as you scroll down a thread.

I feel like they did not test it before pushing it out.

2 Likes