Annoying Forum layout change

The forum navigation bar is fine save for the empty space above it.

Remove the top bar and move the general blizzard button to the left of the forums > community part.

That is until google have its way and castrate the internet to cram more cancerous advertising down our throats.

I think this change was meant to make the forums easier to navigate on mobile, since it has been fully integrated into the Battle.net app.

What I really dislike is how easy it is to accidentally bring up the dropdown menus just by hovering the mouse above. It’s a silly thing.

It does look better on narrower screens actually, yes.

But uhm, the layout is not the only issue. There are also 2 errors (resource not found and invalid JSON) and 11 warnings to fix. No wonder it loads like crap (slow).

1 Like

Yes but
a) it’s not working properly on phones as the reply screen’s not working according to some people
b) why change something that’s working fine on PC where, funnily enough, I would guess most people access the forums for a PC game.

Yup, very poorly designed :wink: !

3 Likes

Adblockers prob wont work on an integral part of website. Designed for 3rd party sources :frowning:

Unfortunatley this is the state of the I.T. world for the last decade and longer. Everything is redesigned once the audience is used to it. The seem to follow trends (tech virtue signaling haha). You would think the clowns getting paid to do it were funding it rather than the companies. Kind of a never go redundant play. Come on Bobby this cost you money.

Alas so, and I doubt our complains will change anything in this case because it’s not like we’re going to stop using the forum. Some pointy haired boss has bought into some stupid metrics provided by some grifting web design third party company and everyone involved gets to make money at our expense.

1 Like

Yeah it’s annoying bugged out a couple times earlier trying to open threads

1 Like

Only 11 warnings?
I got 41 just from this: [PLUGIN discourse-blizzard-plugin] Deprecation notice: The displayNewPosts property of the topic model is deprecated

The good ol’ saying. If it’s not broken, don’t fricken fix it.

3 Likes

I don’t like it.

1 Like

honestly I thought the new layout was made for Overwatch Forums, not WoW Forums, in mind. It still looks bad over there.

1 Like

Looks terrible, would love to say I’m surprised it got through testing. Has to be some reason for it, I imagine mobile traffic is increasing so they thought this would help.

Hate it. The last thing I want to see on WoW forums is other games. Go away.

2 Likes

I’m glad this was commented on cus I was worried the page had been hacked and someone was trying to get me to fill in my Battle.net details. Doesn’t bother me otherwise its just a web page. As long as its official,

Forum was already stupid easy to navigate on mobile. I do it nightly.

1 Like

Its pretty obvious that this change was pushed through by a middle manager, wanting to “make his mark” without knowing anything about design or usability.

1 Like

Another seemingly new change is some crown that seems to point to MVP comments, can be used the same way as the blizzard tracker one is