Another Full CGI About an Orc

Until now those not ingame cinematics told a bit story before current events for a little extra information.
With Saurfang’s story I have to watch extra videos to know why he suddenly appears out of nowhere and gathers people for his rebellion instead of rotting in his cell.

1. Horde cries as much everytime something goes on for the Alliance. So that’s irrelevant.
  2. You find it boring. Keyword is you.

There is a huge difference in these two … Burdens of Shaohao uncover the story of the land, Pandaria, while these CGI cinematics further the story of the Horde, yeah there is Saurfang, but he symbolizes the Horde, its values and all he does is for the Horde in every cinematic, so this is not series about a character arc.

But it is clearly a series focused on him, and any to say otherwise is a liar. A fact, plain and simple.

What an insightful argument, so you think that we brought this on ourselves? It is like there were not suggestions and feedback enough from Alliance playerbase.

It is about the story, if it gives sense they kill even very important figures and only Vol’jin’s death was quite strange, but so was Varian’s.

He symbolizes the Horde, so saying that it is only about him or that it does not serve to further the story of only one faction, the Horde, would be lie. These cinematics are Horde and that is the fact.

An orc turning vs the current warchief is quite relevant for the alliance too is it not though lol

That is a fact, but it is focused on Saurfang. There is no denying that, so demanding it shouldn’t be is wasted effort.

From Alliance point of view… okay, why are they there, how did it come to that and why should I care?

Thats a great point and now I am annoyed.

4 Likes

While I agree with you that it would be nice to also have an Alliance perspective on the whole thing, I still like Blizz’s cinematics. They are just so good usually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not try to deny that he is in those cinematics, be he serves to tell and continue the story of the Horde not his story or any other.

Yeah, they are beutiful and can hit you in the feels, no one denies that :slight_smile:

its a fantasy game and you decide to play a dwarf wich is a fat and short human, thats pretty boring.

alliance has:
humans
kul tiran humans (fat humans)
dwarfs (fat and short humans)
gnomes (shorter humans)
worgen (furry humans)
2 elf races (1 of them stolen from horde)
2 space goat races

so much diversity!

but ok if you alliance players want a CGI movie so much then blizzard can make one, what you want it to be about? brokeback mountain starring your brad pitt king and wrathion?

1 Like

And you play a barbie ? It sure is better.

1 Like

It does feel like again the story is written for and about the Horde and the Alliance is really just tagging on for the ride.

4 Likes

It’s all okay - Anduin is a hottie now :wink:

I think it’s totally fine imo. that the Horde gets more stuff this expansion, while the cinematics themselves are really good the Horde story outside of them is not really that good.

Remember that in Legion like 90% of the content was Alliance centered content with almost exclusively showing Alliance characters, then the novel Before the Storm was also a lot more centered on the Alliance, the comics before BfA came out also had more Alliance content so I think these cinematics evened the playing field a bit (although I would rather not have them and have the actual story be good).

Only thing I could agree with is that the Night Elves maybe should’ve had their own cinematic or a more story focus to resolve the Darkshore situation.

The big difference here is Legion wasn’t a faction war. The characters in Legion weren’t progressing an Alliance agenda, but the Horde ones are (and they get all the focus) in BfA.

Plus CGI cinematics are a very special treat indeed, they rally hype FAR more than ingame ones. It gives Horde feels, context and faction pride. This isn’t a faction war, it’s a civil war within the Horde.

Another fact is Ilidan isn’t Alliance. Khadgar isn’t.

Half of Legion was Nightborne, and who did they side up with?

The only Alliance zone was Val’Shara.

Yea, in the last patch we find two Alliance characters, and you kind of need the Draenei to be involved if your fighting the Legion on Argus.

Did Alliance get ANY Alliance-focused CGIs? Or even pre-rendered in-game?

People overplay the ‘Alliance Expansion’ Legion.

Now they say Darkshore is somehow adequate revenge and exposition for Tyrande.

4 Likes

Yeah and it was AWSOME ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!
My main has been Alliance Since Cataclysm
Pls no cry ffs

As Siyressia has written, most of the story in Legion is neutral, not Alliance based.

Can you say the same for the BfA with all the questionable choices Blizz has done in the recent times?