Another Full CGI About an Orc

I consider Legion an Alliance expansion because all major characters that were involved in the story are either in the Alliance now or have an Alliance background.
Also Legion not being a faction war expansion makes it worse, because it means unless an expansion is about faction war the Horde doesn’t get any screen time, it makes it so that every big bad that appears in WoW is mostly dealt by Alliance characters and by making the Horde PC follow those characters it makes the Horde player feel like the second fiddle.
There’s a reason why people (especially those who play Horde) who actually follow the story say that and how they don’t want that to happen again.

Having the Nightborne and the Highmountain Tauren go Horde after that does not make that content Horde content, because we didn’t even know that they would make allied races for BfA.
All of the cinematics in Legion (the end of raid and patch ones) had mostly Alliance leaning characters into them, hell the whole of Argus patch only like 1 Horde npc even shows and even that npc does nothing.

You could imagine how bad it feels when the Burning Legion, you know the biggest vilian in the WoW lore for so long, gets dealt with in only 1 patch and with only Alliance characters involved, like why is the Horde PC even there?
We even have Alleria bad mouthing the Horde right in front of you, telling you what kind of monsters the Horde are, and I’m supposed to help this woman get some void powers?

But written from an Aliance point of view, so yes it is Alliance based, which is my problem, it makes that content feel like it shouldn’t be done by the Horde PC.
Where are all the Horde characters?
Why couldn’t they just put up a couple of Horde leaning characters so it actually seems like the Horde is doing something and not just following some Alliance characters around.

Yes because other than these cinematics the in-game content is the same for both factions, both factions have 3 leveling zones, both factions have almost the same amount of characters involved, unlike in Legion.

Again, Ilidan and Khadgar are NOT Alliance.

You know why Khadgar isn’t in BfA? He refuses to take sides.

Thrall has been an extremely prominent character since launch for both sides and he most certainly is Horde.

You can consider Legion what you want, it doesn’t make you right though.

TBC was not favoured to either.
WotLK wasn’t, unless you want to make the comical argument Lich King is somehow Alliance.
Cataclysm had Thrall as the ‘mortal’ main agent.
Pandaria was neither-- though again Horde civil war means more story for them and expansion on their culture.
WoD was neither. Again are you going to argue Orc focus is somehow Horde focus?

2 Likes

Really? There were many, many characters involved in all kind of ways, but if you count Illidan or Khadgar as Alliance, because they are NE and human, then it does not feel right. All of the story was neutral.

Every one of the CGI cinematic, which costs a lot time and resources to create was about the Horde, while there were major things happening on the Alliance side like Darkshore, it was deemed as lesser.

Yeah and the Alliance is not even invited to Uldir at all, endgame content. Now with 8.2 when we go to Nazjatar Tyrande and Malfurion are not with us because they got their revenge, great just great.

I’d agree with Illidan, even though I like Khadgar he still has a major Alliance background, I don’t care if he is neutral now, why not then just put some Horde character in his position for Horde players?
Velen was one of the major characters in Legion ever since the Broken Shore patch, we’ve got Malf and Tyrande in Val’sharah and EN, Tyrande again in Suramar.
Then again in Argus we’ve got Alleria and Turalyon (who we’ve known would be Alliance after Legion from the start) and absolutely no Horde appearance.

Thrall hasn’t been really relevant in the story from the end of Cata, he didn’t really do that much in MoP other than show up for SoO and in WoD and Legion had a minor appearance.
Also you call him Horde but then go and call some other Alliance character neutral, isn’t Thrall neutral as well then?

I’d argue it was simply because the whole reason the Forsaken existed in WoW was to get revenge on Arthas and yet somehow they weren’t even included in the story, the only thing they added was Sylvanas going with you in the 3 dungeons that released with ICC.

Everything else other than Cata (which had a small Horde advantage because of Thrall, see even though Thrall was “neutral” in Cata, Alliance players still call Cata a Horde expansion, hmmmm) is totally fine imo.
Just as long as I as a Horde player actually get quests from Horde characters I’d be fine.

Whatever, there’s a reason why most of the people who follow the story and especially the Horde’s story agree with me.

1 Like

Ok, then name Horde characters that played a big part in the overarching Legion story, the problem is it wasn’t only Khadgar and Illidan, it was also Velen, Malf and Tyrande, Alleria and Turalyon later and Vereesa if you want to count her.

Meanwhile the Horde character with the most screen time in Legion was Liadrin, and that was mostly only the Suramar stuff because in Argus she did absolutely nothing other than just stand there.

Hey I never said I wanted those cinematics, I don’t even know why they’re making them but at least they already show who is gonna end up winning in the end so all those “choices” that you get as Horde don’t mean anything.

Also never said that Tyrande and Malf shouldn’t be in Nazjatar but at least you’re gonna have other Night Elf characters there, and can’t forget the Humans (who always have to have someone for some reason) who are also there.
I agree with the Uldir thing.

1 Like

Khadgar is not Alliance character though, even if you feel like that. You got Liadrin in Suramar, while the Alliance go Tyrande.

Argus is the one that is a bit in favour of the Alliance, not because of Alleria and Turalyon, Illidan or Army of the Light, Broken, but because Velen got the spotlight, but there were Horde characters on the ship.

2 Likes

Who did absolutely nothing.

You can count Broken Shore in as well then since Velen stole the spotlight in ToS as well.

Just a quick question: what the helya are you guys talking about? Cinematic? Which cinematic? Where?

Im genuinely confused.

1 Like

Khadgar, Illidan and even Alleria and Turalyon were not Alliance at the time though.

As many others sadly from both factions.

I do not blame you for them and I do not want to, I am just commenting that.

Again not aimed at you, I just want to show why I think, that the Alliance is shafted this exp, particularly Night elves.

Maybe in the instance, but not whole Broken Shore … there were many stories and they were not Alliance based, plus all the class hall quests etc.

Illidan, sure.
Khadgar, I could be coerced into thinking that since I actually like the character.
Alleria and Turalyon though, just no, we already knew that they would be Alliance the minute they showed up, plus you literally have Alleria bad mouthing the Horde right in front of you, like what?

Like I am commenting on how the Horde got shafted last expac, and even though the Horde is technically getting more story focus right now doesn’t mean that the story is good or that people like it.
Many would rather get no story at all than be given the story as it is right now.

Alliance is just a side-dish :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh okay now that I know what this thread is about: pretty nice cinematic, but I root for sylvanas.

The story of Alleria and Turalyon on Argus is all about defeating the Legion, not how the Alliance can destroy the Legion. Yeah, she might bad mouth the Horde, but that does not make her Alliance, no one really expected the whole Void elven situation afterwards or the Army of the Light joining the Alliance as well as Nightborne joining the Horde.

Well, that depends on your personal preferences of course, but you have at least a coherent story, the Alliance ones have holes in it. And when there should be a lot more focus for one of Alliance races - Night elves, Blizz just completely dump them, like they do the whole expansion.

As usual, Alliance gets the short end of the stick, story wise. As a person that only plays Alliance i kind of got used to it. The writers seem to only be able to think of cool stories and dramatic changes for the Horde.

The only interesting thing that happened in the Alliance is Tyrande being pissed at the Alliance and going against Anduin’s word (Genn following) That almost made me believe that Tyrande will be the “change” for the Alliance and Blizz will use her to make an interesting plot with choices like the one the Horde got with Saurfang…only to read an interview where they stated Tyrande and the Night Elves will sit 8.2 out…lol :,)

2 Likes

I want Dagran Thaurissan II just grow up already take the throne and burn everything down for the glory of the Dark Iron.

I mean come on how can you say that they’re not Alliance characters from the start?
They’re literally the ones who sacrificed themselves to save the Alliance by going to Draenor and take down the Old Horde.
Sure it might’ve been the old Lordaeron Alliance but the Alliance today is pretty much made up of the same races.

What a coherent story in BfA?
If you’re talking about the Horde leveling experience I agree with you, but anything involving the Alliance has been really crap this expansion, they’re taking away the Horde’s identity again, forcing us into this bad civil war plot, again.
BfA’s Horde story is far from a coherent story that also has lots of plot holes in it.

At least your story is kind of consistent and doesn’t consist of killing each other every other expansion.

Every “neutral” expansion is written from an Alliance perspective, like 90% of all books and comics are Alliance stories and now that the Horde gets more focus one time, every Alliance player suddenly has a problem with it and starts shouting Horde bias, I mean come on.

1 Like

They were in the alliance in the past, and there loyalties are with the alliance. And if you want to speak like that neither Thrall or Saurfang is IN the Horde as of now in the story.
So by that logic this cinematic is not horde.

2 Likes