Another nameplate/healthbar distance complain topic

I am sure there was a hundred of these so far.

WE want it to be possible to make nameplates visible from more than 20 ‘‘yds’’ which is the server limit everywhere.
I am NOT a melee, I do not break someone elses immersion by having MY nameplates visible from further away.
And, if you don’t want then visible - keep them off.

I’ll just keep complaining to this every time I have a chance.

4 Likes

I agree. This would make it alot easier to not tap to the wrong targets as a hunter because you have no idea whats going on up there 40 yards ahead.

What are the typical arguments against this?

Is there an addon?

1 Like

Please, don’t ask…or you will summon a flood of autism.

NO CHANGES! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Removing the limit makes hiding in pvp pointless, hiding in WSG can be really funny, but it might be for the better to speed up the games and make tracking anything but hidden obsolete in pvp.

There aren’t any.
Just incoherent ranting and screeching noises.

You do realize that anyone using the spy addon will have no problem targeting you from well beyond 40 yards regardless of nameplates or being able to locate them on their screen?

Increasing the nameplate range from 20 yards doesn’t mean not having a limit. Most people would be perfectly happy with the nameplates being visible only for targets they are within attack range of.

3 Likes

A part of RBGs involve having unlimited nameplate distance and cycling through them to know exactly where the enemy players are. This is not possible in classic due to nameplate distance limit. The spy addon does not help you unless you have access to mind vision, even then you can use a scoreboard addon.

In Classic you have mind vision and hunter track abilities to find people, which can be more enjoyable for both sides as a hunter using track abilities properly and a priest using mind vision will be far more impactful.

Who’s “we” again?

What if I don’t want you to be able to see them?

People using Spy don’t even have to look for the actual nameplate frame. Let aone being limited by the almighty 20 yards.
Dude, you are being too logical for this crowd. Most derps around here refuse any change without even considering it. Good thing Blizzard is not that braindead.

Too late, the peasants of (word i cant say because i probably get banned even if its a joke, and a joke that is directed to myself too)

#NOCHANGES if it was not in vanilla it doesnt need to be in classic either

Edit: to those who probably didnt understand the sarcasm. I dont really care if the nameplate distance would be increased. I dont want changes that matters, and this really isnt a change that matters

You are thinking about draw distance of players, and noone in this thread have asked for increased draw distance of players or mobs, only being able to actually see the nameplate/healthbars above the heads when already in range to attack said player/mob. Enabling that will have no other result than making ranged players able to easier change to low health targets in the same way melee already can while fighting.

This was possible for the first few weeks of classic before blizzard changed the max distance to 20(?) yards, about half the max range of some ranged classes.

I am not thinking about that.

You could have nameplates as far as you could target the units if you used a hex value.

Even limiting them to 40 yd would make it significantly easier to find people. Go to WSG tun and target the EFC with your BG Frames or command, then you will see the nameplate through the wall. You will know exactly when they jump and where they are going.

It wasn’t “possible” because of Blizzard per se, it was just a script enabling it. (Check youtube)

They just disabled the script.

The problem with increasing the nameplate range is convenience. You’ll see the cast bars if you use a cast bar addon, of more people, making it easier to choose what to do instead of trying to keep track of the animation of those outside of the nameplate range as it is now. Healers would get interrupted quicker even though they’re standing far away like this, by more people (some people still keep track of the animation of the characters and don’t need the cast bar so it’ll just help those who doesn’t to do it faster).

It’s convenience which made retail braindead. Retail babies can go back to retail. Classic was literally designed for things to take time and to present arbitrary challenges, such as nameplate distances.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, layers are fiiiinally gone.

Except it would have other implications, and even the one you thought of isn’t a reason to change it. Differences between classes and roles are part of what makes Classic diverse.

Should be disabled by Blizzard. It’s bad for PvP since it removes the surprise element. I know a guy who uses it, and he tells me when they’re on the other side of the cave way before they’re in range to be seen or targeted, which is way too convenient. It even tells him about stealthed enemies, which is insanely OP.

Plz make it so my character has a pvp advantage over others, plzz blizz plzz even if its a change, its a change for the better because it will make my life more ez. I don’t care how that will impact the live of others, it’s not about others, its about me and I want it so plzz blizz do the right thing and listen to your comm… I mean me!

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

And I’ll just keep reporting u for trolling

They could easily make nameplates visible from further away for mobs than for enemy players.

1 Like

Sure, if they could make that a choice in the interface options to increase the distance of the NPCs (including mobs etc.) and not player nameplates, then that wouldn’t have any real consequence that I can see. Important to make it a choice though, and not a change forced upon everyone. The PvP needs to remain untouched however.

The problem is then you use spy to target players, then you target the mobs they interact with and you instantly know where that player is.

There is no need to be that butthurt about PvP. They can fix this so that ANY PvP content has a 20 yds limit, open world, battleground, duel whatever. So, all you melee and #nochange erm… ‘gentlemen’ can see the game they way you always have seen it. And, let ppl see the game the way THEY want.
I can not believe that there are people dense enough to not understand the point of this entire thing.

In any case - why should any ranged class be forced to move in to half range , only to be able to see what melee’s already see? If you want PvP advantages, there’s your advantage. Complaining on dumb sh*t works both ways.

But, again - this is not about PvP at all. There is a way to fix it. This is just about getting their attention. Getting them to notice the people whi find this a problem. Not a topic about listening to every nochanger thickhead with the urge to share their opinion.

I’ll leave you to post or ignore my topic with this final thought - opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has them, and they mostly stink.

2 Likes

TL;DR: Ranged player complaining because he needs the game to compensate for lack of skill and awareness.