Another stealth nerf without blue

I boosted a character with my 60 main through stockade, then I went in there with a group of my level and what I found was that While with my 60 I got more xp than with a group of people around my lvel.

What they did is flat out reduce the amount of xp gained with 50%.

So is thiss classic? Or did they just change something again to there own liking?

Is the slippery slope already out of hand?

What is next?

?? Are you talking about gaining less xp with a group?
Xp is divided into 5.
Xp is divided into 2 with your level 60.

2 Likes

I don’t usually post memes but this one is crying out for this…

Edited for a better gif due to complaints :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

aah i see, trying to spread negativity and outrage at any cost. :+1:

2 Likes

This post blew my mind a little bit… yes, in a party the XP is split up between the players in the party,

1 Like

https:/ /thumbs.gfycat.com/DishonestSomeFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

1 Like

I dont get the negative replies to this. The guy gained less xp with a 5-man group of appropriate levels than with a group with a 60, which to some may be odd but I do believe that’s how it worked in vanilla. Not sure how it is retail these days.

1 Like

Just like you did with assuming blizzard had done a stealth nerf without blue post? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well, in vanilla getting level 60s too boost you for LEVELS in dungeons where not that abnormal. it happened all the time. And if my memory servers me right now, I would say that XP/h was faster with a 60 boosting, but you would gain more xp pr kill in a level appropriate group. So if you get less xp pr kill in a full grp of like level players than your 60 boosting you, that MIGHT be a bug. but again. 13 years ago… To long, to long -_-

I don’t know how experience was distributed back then but I do remember some changes later, maybe more than once, where there’s a formula adjusting the experience depending on the relative levels of the party members.

What I don’t understand is why OP calls this a “stealth nerf”, or even a nerf for that matter.

2 Likes

Thats no facepalm! Thats a brow stroke…to say the least.:unamused:

It came up on Google as a facepalm…

It’s because it’s yet another bit of misinformation that’s being touted as a “secret nerf” because Blizzard is totes out to destroy Classic when the reality is that they either A) don’t remember it right or B) they’re used to p servers that had adjusted values and don’t have the foggiest idea what the original values were.

You can tell them that they’re probably wrong all you want but no they definitely remember everything and Blizzard have definitely nerfed 1.12 because reasons, the only thing you can do is give them a pat on the head and a polite chuckle before moving on.

2 Likes

Boosting for exp was always valid in Vanilla. I think it was around WoTLK that a higher level in your group yielded vastly reduced EXP.

I certainly remember boosting in TBC at least.

2 people in group = Xp is split into 2.
3 people in group = Xp is split into 3.
4 people in group = Xp is split into 4.
5 people in group = Xp in split into 5.

Not sure what you’re getting?

1 Like

Ur saying u hacked way into buying a 60 boost ither ur mad or blizz is mad beyond control …

Uh what now? Try again please

1 Like

What boggles my mind is the amount of people who seem to think Blizzard made stealth changes to classic when actually no, everything is working as intended and either

A) your memory/recollection of 15 years ago is patchy at best yet you’re arrogant enough to think you’re right and they’re wrong, or

B) you played on too many stupid private servers that got it all WRONG and yet you think the private servers were correct.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.