Another travesty point for BfA. Tauren Lore (Spoiler)

He was shown killing Alliance at the Undercity, playing ambassador at Dazar’Alor, then defending the great seal from Zul Loyalist.

But that doesn’t count, as we need to hate Baine, for his, admittedly, bad character arc. Part of this hate includes systematically denying Baine ever did anything good, and anyone who disagrees with that can go Alliance, as he is a traitor.

Basically, Baine Satan, or go blue.

5 Likes

Again, what do you want him to do? The war is over. He can either sit in TB and we never hear from him and the Tauren again, or he can do this.

I hope that they make him more active and fight for his people against the forces of death or whatever the next expansion will show, but for no way he can’t really do much unless Tyrande attacks Mulgore or something.

3 Likes

Nah, we want him to stay away from the Alliance, not exile his own people, not send the High King of the Alliance parts of himself and not whinge and moan whenever he shows up in the story.

2 Likes

Or they could show how he deals with the invasion of his lands (an ongoing thing that needs some closure given the mission table).
Or they could have a completely new quest that delves into how the HM and him relate.
Or they could have him going back to Pandaria to lay the foundations for a new Yaungol relation (now that we are visiting it again thanks to the Old God stuff).

Or they could have him figure out once and for all what to do with Magatha.

You know, ANY story that is Tauren related and isn’t contingent to him somehow tying himself to the Alliance may further.
It’s not as if there are limited possibilities (most of them plot related and relevant to the ongoing story arch).

1 Like

Or they could give me a palace of gold and a reclaimed Gilneas. Seriously Zarao. This entire thread is written as if you haven’t seen BFA at all. You know Blizzard does not care.

1 Like

I agree that the way he’s been shown and made so far is embarrassing and a waste of his character. I still remember how badass he was when he killed that Grimtotem in Mulgore. I want more of that decisive and awesome Baine.

But that shouldn’t mean that he should just go back to being useless again. And he can’t just take up his axe and go kill the Alliance now, can he?

Very fair point.
But that’s not enough of a solace for me to settle with what could arguably be the worst case scenario for Baines character progression (in my case).

There are a number of issues at hand here. And far from tackling them, it seems some writers just enjoy splashing on the sh!t puddle.

Baines alignment is one. And this does nothing to fix it.

2 Likes

While saying it isn’t crap, but gold, and how they are brilliant. This is BFA and Blizzard atm.

1 Like

Who would you suggest should be the Alliance ambassador to Orgrimmar?

I don’t think Blizz themselves remember that mission so it’s unlikely.

They can still do that in 9.0 though. So I wouldn’t rule it out. I do agree that they should do that and here’s hoping that they do.

This is another reason why I hope that’s the factions are made irrelevant or removed. Because then Blizzard can focus on individual races and their problems and way of life much better.

1 Like

You still living in cata or is exiling his people something recent?

Unnamed NPC’s.

If there has to be one that is.

1 Like

It is well established that Baine and Anduin are friends. And Anduin hasn’t done anything to break that friendship.

At this point it would just be out of character for Baine not to be at the forefront of Horde-Alliance relations, when a peace is actually being talked about.

I know, many don’t like his character. Heck, I don’t like that conniving coward that follows the man that killed his father and left Thunderbluff to be taken by the Grimtotem in a war against people he considers friends. But that’s no excuse to change it without slowly developing that change. By all means, destroy the trust between him and Anduin. But for that to happen he still has to interact with Anduin.

1 Like

You are just salty Baine refused to help Vulpera. He tried to save the ungrateful Horde from paw wine, and look at what’s happening now!

1 Like

On that point. He’s more than happy to play princess in the Stormwind keep than recruit willing allies for the Horde.

He’s actively undermining the faction as we speak. Someone cut the ropes on the elevators in TB so he cant get back in.

3 Likes

But Dainara, the Horde is drinking paw-wine. He tried to save you, yet you hate him for it!

The Vulpera are helping the Nightborne with wine production, and you know what that means.

1 Like

??? in ten characters

Read “The Shattering”. After Magatha poisoned Garrosh’s axe in the duel against Cairne, she tries to take over Thunderbluff. Garrosh knows about it, since Magatha actually asks for his help, but doesn’t help Baine to secure it. So… Garrosh killed his father by poison, and leaves the poisoner free to act against the Bloodhoofes afterwards. And Baine… takes care of Magatha without Garrosh’s help, but follows him afterwards anyway, including in the attack on Theramore. That’s why I heartily disliked his character, long before BfA ever came into the picture…

1 Like

I don’t want to hold on to what could be. I see what we get.

And in all fairness, I hate it.
Those stories I mentioned might never come to pass. This one is a reality.

The way current story seems to be written, is heading into a point that has both factions working under a single leader a.k.a. Anduin.
Doubt that leaves much racial identity, if the current Alliance situation serves of any precedent.

Ps:

An undead chick with boobs. And all that usual drivel you spout.

1 Like

But we don’t have undead chicks, unless Sylvanas joins us? Maybe that would pop another vein in your eye and you could write a diary about it on the forums?

1 Like