Another travesty point for BfA. Tauren Lore (Spoiler)

Aaah right, I misread your post. Nevermind.

Heā€™s where he belongs now. Glad to see Anduin has taken his first consort.

2 Likes

I guess that most has already been said, but I donā€™t think Baine is harming the Horde by being present in Stormwind. Unfortunately, we have no idea how the Tauren respond to Baineā€™s actions, we only know that some are still angry about Taurajo (that dude for the Leatherworking quest, for example) but not what they think about Baine freeing Derek and being friends with Anduin etc.

If the Tauren think Baine is getting too friendly with Anduin and the Alliance, sure, I think Baine shouldnā€™t be in Stormwind in that case. But we donā€™t know that, so we canā€™t possibly talk about the damage Baine supposedly did by co-operating with the Alliance on multiple occassions.

What is left, is the role Baine plays there. He is not there to act like some Alliance servant, he is there purely for diplomatic reasons. His title is still ā€œHigh Chieftainā€, and he is there AFTER the Alliance made peace with the Horde. Both factions need to work together, and he is a pretty good candidate to fulfill the role as diplomat.

Anduin is Baineā€™s new pet, as Anduinā€™s previous owner, Saurfang, died in a tragic gate-opening accident.

2 Likes

As if Baine would be the dom in a Master/Pet relationship.

1 Like

We shall ask the experts.

Maybe next expansion Anduin and Baine can get married ā€¦ after all A is followed by B in the alphabet.

So Baine is finally #ourguy?

He has always been our guy, just now its official and doesnā€™t need to be kept a secret.

Right so we need a solution to the placement problem it seems.

Iā€™m thinking of having him hovering on top of the throne with a t-pose.

5 Likes

Amazinā€™ :bearded_person:t6:
Give this man his complementary 7th legion armor set!

Impossible, that would be a next travesty. Crucified by the Alliance, the Horde would self implode. Do you want Azeroth to die???

Canā€™t Baine just share the dog house with Genn?

2 Likes

Damn, fair point. How about sitting on top of Anduinā€™s shoulders while flipping off Shaw with both hands.

2 Likes

Anduin should be carried around on a Grandmarshall Shield by Baine & Genn - Majestix style!

5 Likes

ā€¦okay, yours is better!

1 Like

No that would mean Tauren and Baine are not able to stand on their own without the explicit support of Anduin and the Alliance. You know, under every strong tauren sits a strong human and all that. Maybe, build a second throne that is next to Anduin and the other Alliance leaders would take orders from Baine as if he was equal to Anduin? Then and maybe then it would be ok for the Horde? Oh wait no add Greymaneā€™s fur coating Baineā€™s throne.

Damn it people, this is a forum of solutions! Not problems!

2 Likes

To be fair I wasnā€™t really bothered about him harming the Horde in some capacity.
At this point, the Horde is rather comfortable with the sort of behaviour that ties them further with the Alliance. (Whether thatā€™s a positive or negative thing is an entirely different issue that I wonā€™t open here).

What I was heading more towards, was about what this sort of behaviour signalled players regarding his character, and how having him displayed in such way, does nothing but accentuate a series of issues people already have regarding his character.

True, judges in a vacuum, this behaviour isnā€™t that of an issue. But give the precedents, and background, of the character involved, as well as what said kind of roles usually end up meaning in the long run (specially given Alliance character treatment in regards to both Anduin and Stormwind), there is, from my point of view, quite a narrative issue.

If Blizzard wanted a diplomat, they shouldā€™ve used a character that isnā€™t coming with the sort of perceived baggage Baines character has from many players point of view.

One that didnā€™t combine the sort of traits that have it either being absolutely inactive regarding his peopleā€™s plea, or bordering on downright treasonous when dealing with any of it.

1 Like

Varien had his laptop stood there for a good couple of years, now holybones has found his own lapdog.

Yeah, Tauren are the only Horde race I really like, so yeah Iā€™m cool with it.
After Cata it started to get questionable why the Tauren stayed with the Horde as itā€™s violence only increased.

I feel that it is within Baineā€™s character to try and look for peace, especially considering how close he and holybones have grown over the years.