Another travesty point for BfA. Tauren Lore (Spoiler)

People can talk trash and meme all they want. Won’t make the reality any different or their beliefs any less false.

2 Likes

When the hell was Alleria trying to be diplomatic with Orcs? Her entire character arc is literally slaughtering them, hell-bent on vengeance.

1 Like

If you stay near them long enough they have a conversation.

||https://imgur.com/HDFtsoK||

||https://imgur.com/l3vDrFm||

7 Likes

Poor Gallywix tho. Horde is now officially red alliance with not a single leader being even close to give the alliance the mean eye. The faction is dead from any narrative.

5 Likes

Might have seen it differently, but during those events I recall he was practically coerced by Garrosh in order to follow through.
I mean, even Voljin had to go like “Dude…these guys just came back of killing your people…”.

That’s sort of indicative regarding what I mean.

Might have been hyperbolic with said statement, but i do think that given his circumstances, he should’ve been the last guy Blizzard turned towards in regards to said position (barring obvious nonsensical choices like Gallywix or Sylvanas).

I mean, he was the one that argued for surrender and peace negotations over Rastakhan corpse. Even if Nathanos approach was about as inadequate, Baine saying so is another indicative of the kind of “fight” he would hypothetically put when arguing for Horde interests.

In all, Blizzard should simply distance his character completely out of diplomacy and Alliance issues.

As I said, I’m not against the idea per se. Just against the character choice for it.

4 Likes

Nice try. Before anyone takes this seriously, this was done using the NPC Speech option in the Total Roleplay addon.

2 Likes

Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that.

The remnants of the Horde will soon, after being properly assimilated by the Alliance, be the core drivers of the Alliance identity struggle arcs.

1 Like

Wow…
Worst is you really had me wondering if it’s real or not.

3 Likes

:thinking:

I ship Baine with Mayla sorry.

1 Like

I’m certainly not pleased with what I see there, to put it mildly.
I mean, I suppose it’s expected of the characterization they gave Baine as Anduin’s bootlick, so why not go the extra steps and having him standing there as if he’s waiting on the Boy King’s beck and call as his own exotic overseas buttler.
I suppose that’s good news for the Gilneans, it might mean Greymane got promoted with some dignity atleast.

But even if I dislike this ‘High Chieftain’…his place is certainly not standing around in some abhorrant Human cesspit. Especially Now his place should be with his people in Mulgore, wich has been under threat of the Void 2 times before and now this time around with N’zoth free to boot.
The High Chieftain of the Tauren is not a Messenger boy for the Horde either to stroke the Boy King’s ego, he is the topmost guardian of the united tribes, chosen to lead in the darkest times, Tauren are good diplomats because of their, in general, rational and peacefull demeanor, but it should’ve been an envoy there, not the High Chieftain himself, because Yes, it certainly does make him look subservient traveling all the way from Kalimdor himself.

And not just that, I mean are the Mission tables not cannon then? If anything they showed us the most recent invasions by the Alliance trying to get into Mulgore, but now Baine Bloodhoof will jump at the first chance he gets to place himself in the close vicinity of the King of the invaders himself.
How would this look to the Tauren if WoW had any sense of realism going on here? Would you think that normal if a RL politician behaved that way after an invasion of your home country?
He shrugged of his dead people in the Barrens, he shrugged of or did not even mention the dead of Teldrassil, he actually weeped over the dead of Theramoore, but yes, he’s a very sensible and consistent character, for sure.
As far as player races go, I guess Righteous Fury is only reserved for the Alliance side and we just have to look the other way, like Baine clones.

I’m increasingly of the thought that maybe, just maybe, Baine is ment to be unlikable, a sort of comedy relief clown in a twisted way, I had so hoped for him to take on a more respectable character, but atm I just wish for him to take a spear…to the face. But more realisticly, I hope that his stay in that cesspit is a short, one quest, before he dissapears from there and shames the Tauren further, although I personally see zero point in him being there other than a mockery, to begin with.
I mean, this ‘High Chieftain’ sent parts of himself in a letter to this Boy King…where he’s now, the first chance he gets, fawning over him,in the latters own throne room, why should I, as a tauren player, respect that?
How can I even find him likeable or leadership material now?(That ship sank for me in the Shattering already, but I still ask the question).

I guess I could stomach this more if they actually worked out the Tauren as a people more, are we just Baine’s hivemind minions? or will other tauren now finally rise up in his absence to adress this farce. It doesn’t really matter how well known Hamuul, Jevan, Aponi, Trag, Magatha, Muln or Tahu are, blizzard can work them out or create new characters like they did with Zekhan.
I’m honestly getting sick to death of Baine’s humiliation characterization, it’s laughable at this point.

4 Likes

I am sorry but have you not seen Baine’s character?

My dude… have you been living under a rock?

And people wanted THIS guy as the Warchief of the Horde.

You know who would make a great Warchief? Lor’themar Theron, not a bootlicker of the Alliance but he is also smart enough to not be a total warmonger, he is more than ready to tell off the Alliance due to initial prejudices due to the many betrayals the Blood Elves have already suffered at the hands of humans and the Alliance, all while STILL being smart enough to not be a warmonger.

He have proven himself an extremely capable leader, a fighter through and through, leading a broken, nay, a devastated people out of a crisis and brought them to some shape of glory yet again, albeit under harder circumstances initially.

While in protest, he has still demonstrated a willingness to lead the Horde if it was for the sake of his people. He may not be happy about it, but which Warchief were in fact happy about the position they were put in. Thrall was not, Garrosh was not, Vol’jin was not… Sylvanas might have been, but the former three did what they had to do, not what they wanted to do.

If the Horde should have a warchief, it would have to be Lor’themar Theron. The only worry here though, is that this would make blizzard botch him up even more than they already have. Lor’themar considering Sylvanas a close friend? Pah, he ignored her attempts at getting his sympathies when Garrosh planned the attack on Theramore, he had a more aggressive squabble with her throughout the attack on Orgrimmar outright threatening to kill her if he deemed it necessary, he showed that he did not trust her when Vol’jin was chosen as Warchief, all the way back in the story ‘In the shadow of the sun’ Lor’themar displayed great anger and irritation when Sylvanas came to blackmail him.

And now she is a close friend, bah!

Anywho, the only Horde leader that would make a proper Warchief at this point, had we not gone for a council instead, would be Lor’themar Theron.

2 Likes

The question is, who is surprised by this?

1 Like

no ambasador at all,after all what happend in bfa is no reason wed be at peace at all. and writers blaming all on sylvannas and wanting to make evryone anduins yessayers or clones of him(baine i just horde anduin). Doesnt make it more reasonable at all.

Nah he is anduins servant,if anduin asked to set tauren on fire. Baine would ask how many and not object.
Baine is the Horde version of Anduin,theyre basicly the same character.

And for peace,after BFA its worst least sensible time ever.

As if Blizz would write Tauren anything else then The Tauren being anything other then exact same copies of baine with no other thoughts about anything.

For Gazlowe so he can become another token good guy,cause cant have characters that arent Anduins lvl of stupid boring goodness at all >.> that would be to interesting.

2 Likes

Not awsome at all. Horde does not need to losoe even more characters/leaders(except Baine,he shouldve gone to alliance day 1 and stayed there).
Galywix is far more true to your typical golbin then Gazlowe.
And gazlowe will be reduced to nothing more then token good guy on council that agrees on anything and evryhing exactly as totally not warchief Baine thinks and does.

1 Like

Yeah Killing jaina biggest threat to horde at time, omg how horrible.
Burning of teldrasil phh who cares,aslong isnt Anduin/jaina who cares.

2 Likes

I understand that you hate Baine and that you’re heavily biased against him. However, that still doesn’t change the fact that he’s not subservient to Anduin. On good, even friendly terms with him? Sure. But not subservient to him.

Baine has many flaws. But he’s still very much pro-Horde and not Anduin’s servant.

2 Likes