Any multiboxers?

It also comes with it’s drawbacks. I can’t level via dungeons anymore so it’s 100% questing for me, which I don’t mind really. I do get some gametime paid with recruit a friend, but sometimes have to pay a sub.

I saw how unbalanced Torghast is today, one Lock got super lucky with powers and did 15k more dps than the other on the last boss :rofl:

Remind me does windows count as software?

I’m casting in 1 window at a time, so if I start a cast I mouse to follower and do the same thing. It’s fine. 100% manual input no broadcasting.

They’d have to ban all keyboards and mice next like Razer on so on…

Doesn’t the Razer have a macro option? I’m sure you don’t use it though.

If you think I’m breaking the rules go ahead and report me.

On a site called lazy macros they have been using those dodgy macros for years undetected… they press a button and it auto spams all set in the mouse or keyboard program… so yes they’d have to ban them all to be on the safe side.

Just to be clear I don’t do that myself.

Haha, well I have seen more than a few groups with wm on. I love it, 100+ free honour + they farm up all the useless death blossom. Bots are a far bigger problem but Blizzard have always been ‘on purpose’ useless at dealing with them.

1 Like

edited content

Never said, I like the Character boost system. Nor, I said it is fair.

Ye I’ve seen a few in Bastion, much easier to kill them now. Fun!

I’m a bit confused with their latest guidance.

I’d love dual box-leveling in TBC classic. If I use Autohotkey to specifically send certain keys only to WoW window 1, and other keys only to WoW window 2 (something like - left half of the keyboard is sent to the first window, right half of the keyboard is sent to the second window).

Is that still allowed, or banned as well now?

Their recent announcement seems to focus around mirroring inputs, which a setup like that wouldn’t do. But then again, they also have this catch-call clause of “anything that helps to streamline multiboxing”, which is the most vague statement ever.

I’ve reached out to their customer support, but they couldn’t definitively answer whether it’d be allowed or not either.

You cannot do this.

1 Like

Why’s that do you reckon?

Just to clarify, I’d consider using this just to filter what key goes to which window, not to duplicate anything. In principle I’d also be happy to write my own piece of software to do this, but I guess if there is a problem, it wouldn’t be specific to AHK itself, but rather the conceptual idea behind this?

Both software and hardware multiboxing is now banned, changing timings won’t alter the fact.

They will be able to detect any software you are using, and even with hardware they can check the timings of spells cast from combat logs.

Well, it wouldn’t really be about timings.

An approach like the one I described would mean: One manual keyboard input would only ever lead to one input in one specific WoW window.
You would never have a situation where I press one key, and both WoW windows receive input.

It should be fully in line with about 99% of their most recent announcement, except them mentioning "anything that streamlines multiboxing " in their side sentence.

Which is super unclear. In the strictest interpretation, a second PC that you manually control all the time is “hardware that streamlines multiboxing”, so it might well be an absolute blanket ban on any player controlling more than 1 character at the same time, even if fully manually. Or, it could just be their safety net, but in reality what they’re trying to say is “just make sure 1 input = 1 action for 1 specific character”, which would be fully in line with what I’d intend.

You can’t use autohotkey. Manual only.

Let me share this video I made. I use mouseover myself. No multiboxing software. It can be done but is only effective for 2 characters.

Each character has a /follow macro depending on who is lead. I run all spells with /assist focus, and I set a focus.

/petattack is bound to shadow bolt macro so I can control pets, along with a dismiss macro.

I did consider a foot pedal but tbh the more characters I run the more hp the bosses have.

Also I like to be able to fly them together on the same mount.

They should go ahead and break /follow for people using it on the same computer, same for auto assist.

There is no auto assist. I press a key she casts one spell.

They can remove follow and assist I could still box this way.

I do have the Hivemind mount on another grp but I can’t be doing slog that over and over!

Except they target the target of another player without you having to manually target, which would be an action in itself ie a click or a button press.