Any planned Dracthyr guilds?

Title, really. Just curious!

1 Like

Yes, I would assume plenty of people are seeking to start a Dracyer Guilds, but I believe they will mostly pop out during Pre-Patch.

Everyone are gonna race to make the OG Drachyr guild but only a few will survive to nourish that niche. I would wait a few months until the community stabilizes. Plenty of flavor of the month flings during the early period. Of course if you do not mind the chaos, go have fun!

3 Likes

I remember when Zandalari was released it was exactly like this! Unfortunately they all died out.

2 Likes

Not really, one or two still go strong-

Which ones?

Primal Pact and Painted Shields, although I belief Peimal Pact is more -All- Trolls and Painted Shields is more focussed on Zanda’s

2 Likes

The Hand of Zul is also a great guild, as far as I recall. They should still be around?

Edit. Nevermind, they have disbanded!

Dracth guilds aren’t yr yet, but they’ll be yr soon!

2 Likes

As is tradition with any new race or class. There’s something to be said for jumping in during the ‘wild west’ era of new additions however, the chaos can be quite interesting.

4 Likes

Seing as there are alot of dragon rp’ers about anyways, and we know a good enough bit about them already I imagine there are some being planned as we speak, some will be awful, some I imagine will be decent straight off the bat.

2 Likes

Not sure about guilds, but there’s a community forming on discord called the Valdrakken Oddysey that I hope does very well!

Been thinking about it for a while. A small story-focused guild of Dracthyr that don’t feel at home in the Alliance or Horde, instead they go to explore the lands while uncovering ancient mysteries and resurgent threats concerning the Primalists, the Infinites and more. The main focus would be facing the past we have never known, and looking to the future we will live through along with the mortal races… If such a future can be contrived. “The Prismatic Accord” I’ve called it, having pledged neutrality between the mortal factions- perhaps comparable to an Argent type deal.

Idk though, I almost feel like the first half year is gonna be another version of the Demon Hunter release: A massive burst in guilds, folks wanna be the first and biggest instead of providing a quality and fun environment for people to enjoy and get immersed in. Name and visibility breeds success for guilds in that time (being the first half year), and I don’t have the time to properly commit to being a real presence.

Maybe later, when the tides have calmed… Then it may be the time for the Accord to soar.

Edit: The guild is already made. I’m just not sure wether to start it during the first months or when things have calmed down.

5 Likes

Any mono-race themed guild needs a very diverse cast of characters and devoted players. Diversity keeps a population of largely similar characters from stagnating into an echo-chamber with no new ideas. See “myes, we elves are indeed greater than the lesser savages 'round us!” as an example of characters with nigh identical backgrounds doing nothing but reinforcing a cookie cutter frame. The latter example of devotion to concept is complicated to maintain and typically takes a lot of time. Planning ahead to the point where the guild is an exciting project for everyone involved before drac’thyr are even released can mitigate it but these are important obstacles to prosperity and longevity.

3 Likes

There is also the issue Drachyr are locked into one class, their own, so its extra hard to fill the guild with enough diversity.

Currently conjuring up an idea for Alliance side, which is Dracthyr oriented, but is not exclusive, as per the idea of Dracthyr learning about the world and the other races, and the mortal races in general being able to learn more about the Dracthyr and eachother.
The guildname set for this is the “Drakewing Seekers”.
Focused on interacting with the populus in general and an exploration theme in pursuit of knowledge: think going round the city and trying to have people see the Dracthyr for what good they can offer, while they can learn more about the mortal races, trying to blend in. Giving room for the mortal races to learn more about eachother at the same time, go out adventuring and exploring ruins and azeroth in general with some “history lessons”. As per my in document explanation that I am writing up (and will link to the
OOC google doc below as well) As per an irl family life, while there will be events and such, the main goal is for people to create their own rp as well within the context of interaction and gaining knowledge. (currently in SW? walk around and talk to people, make connections to other guilds, currently out in say… Darkshore? stick around some camp talk, gather resources, perhaps you have a night elf that can share some local stories?)

Drakewing Seekers OOC Concept Document

Not to also mention that, at least from what I have seen
some of the early birds tend to have concepts that don’t extend well beyond the initial launch or life of the expansion.

Pure demon hunter guilds were sort of out of a job after legion for instance.
and I am sure many Death Knight guilds fell apart after Wrath.

Kind of a product of early and even pre-expansion concepts havig very little lore to work with, becoming little more than off-brand versions of lore organizations like the illidari with little to distinguish them and provide much post story content.

Guilds that are more flexible with their stories evolve with the times, the members find new purpose within the group rather than leaving for greener pastures and function well within their niche.

Any drac’thyr guild would do well to look back at old death knight, illidari, pandaren and other themed guilds to see what works and what doesn’t. I’m just tossing hypotheticals because I won’t make another guild for as long as I do WoW…

2 Likes

That’s down to you, and what sort of time and energy you are able to pour into the guild sooner or later. Don’t let server tendencies dictate the timing for you tbh, that will only make the risk of burnout all the greater.

Yeah thats kinda annoying, hoping Dracy get mage/warrior/hunter as classes at some stage

1 Like