Anyone else collecting toys to avoid the awful updated animations/models?

Thats your subjective view .

3 Likes

You do look really good im not sure on the fish though but the armour and that shield are perfect .

No it isn’t. I’m talking about fidelity here and that’d be clear to anyone reading my full post-- badly animated models are just that, it isn’t opinion.

I mean by all means mourn the loss of flat faces and painted on features. For your information as well appreciate the new models fit with the original design document better, as in the concept art. They are for the most part simply updated models, and they most certainly retain the feel of them.

I’ve encountered people like you in guilds, and it’s patently obvious it’s purely a sentimental block “Oh I remember fondly when I made my character it looked like this.” which indeed is a subjective view, a view which can often lead to insensibility over the reality of things.

I hate the troll female animations that came with the new models so much. Their running especially, it looks so f’ing goofy.

And undead male, their animations went from amazing to utter trash.

4 Likes

Blizzard has limited resources, and they most certainly shouldn’t be wasting an ounce of them in keeping the old models working within the game from expansion to expansion.

1 Like

First of all: They’re a multi-billion dollar company.

Secondly: I’m quite certain that you’re highly overestimating the work that would go in to keeping those things in the game. I doubt that there’s even an “upkeep” needed. Just put them in and done.

5 Likes

It is and please stop talking down to people like you know better and only your view is right.

I know alot of people who gave up chars and rerolled or paid changed because they hated the updates.

6 Likes

You give us a casebook example of the kinds of ‘argument’ that really ought to be ignored.

They now look ‘utter trash’, as if somehow that means anything.

Will one of you qualify your statements with exactly how, and in what way? I’ve done that by pointing out how some animations in the old models are plain faulty-- say the Human female that has this broken cycle in the running (the back doesn’t articulate correctly with the rest of the body movement, resulting in her looking like she has a broomstick glued to her spine). The faces are literally flat or have two polygons with faces little more than textures, that SEVERELY limits how the face can show expression.

1 Like

The new animations on ud male are floatier.

Floatier animations for casters don’t mesh well when you chain a lot of instant casts in rapid succession imo, feels like there’s a disconnect between input and how your character animates.

And the channeling/casting time animation itself, I always found the ud male casting animations quite iconic for the game and the new ones don’t resemble the old ones at all.
It’s ok, I just rerolled belf on everything because their animations are still pretty similar to the original ones. Although their faces are not…

5 Likes

For me i hardly touch my shaman i had her and same face since TBC and she lost her soul when changed.
All the faces look stupid . Sucked in duck faces .
I dont want to look like some 80s glamour model.

3 Likes

I like the old ones better.

5 Likes

Theres also this thing called google that answers questions.

I got used to nelf models now but gnome female and human female faces still bother me a lot. On human female faces i can tell exactly what bothers me: unnaturally high going brows and overly large eyes with too large iris size, making them look surpriced all the time and eyes not looking natural but doll like (and not the nice beautiful doll but the one that stares you at night in dark room so you cannot sleep). On gnome female i can’t quite put my finger on it but it just look so wrong and totally different than before, that my gnomes have never felt like same characters after the change.

But yeah #smallindiecompany … sigh. :man_shrugging:

edit: forgot to add that toy that makes them look better unfortunally has 30 minute cooldown but i recommend it anyway:

2 Likes

Its breasts aswell there is no way the human with that size frame can hold them like that without suffering back and shoulder pain.

Gnomes there eyes are to big for there heads.

Belfs and there headlight eyes and Radi ive run out of likes so :hearts::hearts:

1 Like

Belf male man cleavage isnt so bad either :sunglasses:

1 Like

I must admit your mog is how to say without being ban hammered lol its nice :joy:

1 Like

You should see how the fish hangs :smirk::upside_down_face:

The mind just boggle’s :angel:

Serissa is trying to say that the harness is very well made with fine stichwork and colors are balanced well on this assemble of playful springtime fashion. Surpriced expression on the fish gives the needed sharp focal point for the otherwise tranquil athmosphere.

Yes yes exactly that lol :angel::sparkling_heart:

1 Like