Anyone recommend other MMOs

Been thinking of taking a break for a while now for a month a two, was wondering any other MMOs worth trying?
ESO and GW2 have taken my intrest.
Just to add I like battlemage style of play, I main enhancement shaman on this game any other games where I can get that battlemage playstyle?

2 Likes

Maybe ask in this part of the forum?

3 Likes

You can always try FFXIV, thereā€™s a free trial at the moment. Red Mage should be close to what youā€™re looking for.

1 Like

Tried probably doezens of other MMOs over the years. All the ā€œwow killersā€ and whatnot. To me they always sucked really hard compared to wow.

Alot of people seem to have gone playing eso or ffxiv so maybe try those. They sucked (imo) btw.

5 Likes

FF14 , gw2

1 Like

Youā€™re mostly just going to get the same recommendations: FFXIV, ESO and GW2.

So Iā€™ll add something different: SWG EMU :stuck_out_tongue:
Though also another option: Play something non-MMO. Might be better to not cling onto a genre, especially the MMO genre that hasnā€™t been that stellar.

Itā€™s probably the closest thing to WoW on the market. they even intded it to be a WoW clone at relaunch.

Iā€™ve just came out of a Trial Roulette as a Red Mage! Iā€™m trying to get everything to at least 60 for Shadowbringers.

Is the content challenging though? I read somewhere that DPS meters etc. are banned as addons?

Like how hard are instance and raids compared to M+/Mythic/Heroic in WOW?

I have thought about trying it out, the one toon able to play all classes appeals to me.

Aside from the usualsā€¦there really isnā€™t much worth looking at in the MMO sphere.

Which if Iā€™m totally honest is a little disappointing, ESO iā€™m sure is fine for those that like the world, much like FF14 is fine.

But itā€™s been a very long time since I seen a great MMO game.

1 Like

Parsers are a dont ask dont tell policy. PS4 Sony issues seem to be holding back lua (type) addons.

Thereā€™s savage raids that are supposed to be the hardcore content. the biggest issue with FF14 is that itā€™s heavily dependant on your latency. If you have bad latency then dont bother.

The GCD is base 2.5 seconds but you can use OGCD actions in between them and you also have a haste stat. It takes a time to get used to it.

It is however heavily story dependant so if you dont like story then dont play it.

Thereā€™s just too much to type, have a look your self. Stick with it until at least level 30.

A few friends that play use a parser much like world of logs but for FF14.

donā€™t ask me any more on that I donā€™t know anything else.

After 14 years of wow, bfa forced me to leave for ESO.

No regrets, with bfa wow fell of a cliff and ground is coming.

Sad to see this state of my beloved game, but nothing lasts forever and wow days are coming to an end, unless developerā€™s approach goes back to previous principles, which doesnā€™t seems likely.

4 Likes

That neverwinter mmo has one hell of an amazing visuals, I fell in love with that game the moment I used the black hole ā€¦ but sincerely thats probably the only good thing on the whole game ā€¦

Otherwise same what people suggested, final fantasy, elder scrolls, star wars, gw are few of the less trash mmos ā€¦

Tried tons of mmos, trying to find replacement for wow, every game has something interesting but overall wow still wins ā€¦ and if you are looking for pvp there is literally nothing comparable to wow ā€¦

1 Like

Wow has ruined a lot of games for me also. Just a bland taste after trying them out.

1 Like

If you like single player stories, SW: TOR might be for you. Itā€™s a very good playing experience: Excellent stories for each class, every dialouge in the game are voice-acted, good item customization (you can choose what stats you want on items, such as haste, hit rating etc), leveling speed is fast if you are a subscriber. Many cool weapons and armor you in most cases can use from level 1-max level, as you replace certain mods in your gear to improve their stats, rather than replacing the entire item fully like in WoW.

The only downsides to this game which are also the most important is that there is literally nothing to do at max level, there are dungeons and raids, but they are made obsolete as you just buy item mods to upgrade your gear at the auction house. And if you donā€™t have any credits (the ingame currency) you sell something from the ingame shop using real money on the AH, which is literally pay to win.

2 Likes

ESO is pretty good with a decent levelling system.

The other good thing about it, is that at least they are absolutely honest that the game is P2W.

Not only that but you have to complete all the main story which sadly 95% consists of Kill X amount of enemies and Run to place A then B then A again. Canā€™t even start Stormblood or Heavensward. Or the upcoming Shadowbringer. Till you complete main story.

Well that not entirely fair - the issue is the 100 or so quests that bridge ARR to Heavensward which do just involve you teleporting back and forth mindlessly.

FFXIVā€™s main selling point is the story. Iā€™m not particularly into it - but you can skip cutscenes. Itā€™s well voice acted though imo - and it looks good, obviously.

The parser issue is circumvented by the ACT addon (PC only) so if you PS4 or Mac it you wonā€™t be able to have any addons. There is a much more pronounced divide between the ā€˜skillā€™ level because of it compared to WoW. There is either incredibly faceroll basic content - like WoW - but then a huge jump to ā€˜organizedā€™ raiding with Savage and Ultimate. Though both are 8 man, so arguably easier to access.
There is no M+ equivalent currently.

FFXIV is all about the dance - you learn the encounter, even down to when which specific spell is cast and you hope everyone else is on the same page.

It is an adjustment to WoW - everything is very slow in comparison and the fights are very much spectacle. Worth seeing though.

I will probably get stoned for that.

But Tera was a lot of fun and each zone is really unique. You go from fighting vampires to fighting pirates to fighting in a Halloween mansion to fighting in a maya tempel.

Itā€™s F2p and in the end you will come back to wow anyway. So why waste money on other games when Tera is f2p