Anyone very displeased with the current state of DH?

PVE, HAVOC

Battle of Dazar’alor features several fights in which our main forte as DPS ( AoE cleave ) is useless, such as Grong, Champion ( you want most DPS on boss, which is tanked alone, Conclave-- cleave doesn’t matter, as the bosses heal back to full when one dies, Opulence for 75% of the fight, Rastakhan, Mekkatorque you get the point the raid is pretty much ST DPS ).

We’re still solid in M+, though classes like Rogue and Warrior can keep up with me without needing to lose ST DPS by speccing into AoE damage ( I go barrage in M+ which means I lose boss DPS )

VENGEANCE

Haven’t really played it lately but it always felt worse than the other tanks. Squishy and reliant on cds and kiting to survive.

HAVOC, PVP

I feel it’s the worst melee right now. No slows, questionable at best and situational self-healing, pretty awful in a 1v1 scenario due to other classes having some sort of healing, no burst whatsoever.

People, you really gotta stop these kinds of posts and as a whole thinking in this manner. When you open up forums for the other classes, you would see the exact same posts like this one. When are you going to understand that in this game it doesn’t really matter what your standings are as a class in the meters, unless you are in the top 50 guilds in the world?

Every class has its own pros and cons, ups and downs. You could be an aff lock and be the lowest on Champion of the Light or top. It depends on many things - your gear, your skill, your team and their respective skill and gear.

What I’ve seen in this game for the many years I’ve been playing it is that it’s a freakkin game like any other online role playing game where they will buff or nerf a certain class which is either overwhelming or underwhelming. If you enjoy your class as in gameplay, fantasy or anything else, you can have an equal amount of fun. In my opinion, fun should not be reliant on being at the top of the meter. If that’s the case for you, then you have a problem my friend. I have seen many people whine on the warlock forums as I main a warlock about it’s state but the last few raids it’s always been in the top classes yet people still complain how it’s “the lowest dps class” on their forum if you bother to explore a bit.

In conclusion what I want to stress on and repeat is DON’T let your fun be dictated by whether you top the meters or not, otherwise you will be doomed to be in an endless cycle of annoyance and dissatisfaction, instead of actually enjoying the game.

9 Likes

Lol, it matters a lot. Good luck finding a PUG for arenas when no one wants your class.

Yeah ours just has less pros and more cons compared to others, hence this thread.

This literally dictates whether I bench or take part in mythic raiding so actually my fun is literally linked to that. Luckily I’m doing fine, but if I weren’t and I’d be forced to bench I would unsub.

Hence why I make this thread, so that the class doesn’t get made useless and I don’t unsub.

1 Like

Okay, so saying that DH has no slows is factually incorrect. Master of the Glaive comes with a 50% slow inherently.

In BoD, i feel like Havoc is really good. AoE cleave is fairly prevalent within it, especially opulence. 30K+ DPS is super easy to achieve with good cd usage and solid play. Even when swapping to the adds on champion it can be super strong. The only fight in BoD i feel like Havoc is inherently not good in is Grong. But saying havoc isn’t good in BoD is p wrong imo.

I can’t speak for vengeance as I don’t really play it, but that’s my opinion.

2 Likes

Don’t know about raiding, but when I see Demon hunter when making a m+ or arena group, I always press invite!
Even stacking two of DH works well.

I’ve a lot of friends playing DHs and raiding mythic atm none of them have problems finding pugs, or M+ groups, or anything like that. As I said previously, go to every class forum and you will see the same post everywhere. Stop QQ-ing, really.

4 Likes

M+ we are absolute gods. I’m doing 20-24k dps average at 405 ilevel. Stacking revolving blades, and both the beam traits. I’ve not been beaten on dps since 8.1… add in all the stuns and roots and you have a stupidly OP class for M+.

Yes most of the bosses are ST in the raid, so spec that way? 3x furious, 3x thirsting. Again I’m top DPS in my guild for raids too. DH are high up for ST and God like for AoE. Method/limit took a minimum of 2 for raids…

DH is literally the number 1 most played class for 10-20keys, and a very high representation in raids too…

No slows? Yes you do have a slow.

Questionable healing? Sure, but on the other hand you have 100% dodge (afaik) implemented in your reg rotation, two stuns, incap, high mobility and the possibility to go up in the air to avoid stuff.

And no, not all other specs have (more) heals than DHs. Arms warrior to name one. Mages (apart from their dispellable shield).

And no you’re not solid in M+, a DH seems almost mandatory to have with.

And then you have stun on a 1 min cd. Good going.

You mean the one that’s an escape, on a 25 sec cd and DISENGAGES you from the target? And lasts 3 seconds?

There’s an ‘‘on the other hand’’ with every class. Literally all of them bar Arms have a way to heal themselves. DH relies on damage to do it and it’s dumb. If you’re left 1v1 with someone they can always run away and heal.

Mages can eat.

It’s a top class but as long as Fury and Rogue can keep up with me it’s not ‘mandatory’.

i mean if you think DH is bad right now idk what to tell you dog lmao

5 Likes

5 DHs in the top 200 in 2v2. That’s 2.5% representation for a class that has more lvl 120 chars than Shaman and Monk.

4 DHs in the top 200 in 3v3. 2% representation

We’re horrible lmao. Try playing some 2v2s you need 50% dampening to kill a healer. We have no burst whatsoever and literally every other melee has a slow except us.

Who the F cares about having 2 dashes when you can’t stick to the healer? Monk should be able to kite you 24/7, Pally can just tank you forever, Shaman and Druid can run around pillar.

1 Like

Actually they just took 1 DH and it was only for the group debuff xD.

Havoc is fine, Vengeance has some problems that need to be fixed.

Havoc which i dont like is insane becouse of its so versatile, its not the best spec on everything but its very very good in every situation which is unique, it also provides very strong utility and buff for magic dmg is simply granting them spots in m+ or raid, but Vengence sucks, sucks so much i cant even take it as serious spec for any kind of higher pve content, which is shame and Blizzard should to do something with it earlier then in next expansion, its so squishy it cannot be saved by fiery brand buff , also tank which is kitting whole time like a mad is huge dps lost for the group anyway…(say hello to your Commet Storm, Quake etc… :D)

Not only for this, the long burst window, surviability and mobility when you take passively less dmg its huge bonus, like realy huge one more plus the versatility is actualy best stat for havoc dps. buff its just making it as 100% needed pick in every fight.

The only reason Havoc is getting raid spots is the debuff. Method used -one- Havoc.

I don’t know how you can argue that it’s a class that gets raid spots when it’s 1 spot out of 20.

A DH complaing about DPS…what is wrong with this world? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Method only uses 1 DH for the debuff, and if not for it they wouldn’t use any so yes, what’s the problem with that?

“Method only uses 1 DH”, yea so?

20 spots available.

• 6 taken for tanks+healers ( i guess )
  • 14 dps spots
    You ofc have ranged dps spots, so lets say melee fills half of them (on average). 7 melee spots.

1 Warrior
2 Monk
3 DH
4 Hunter
5 DK
6 Shaman
7 Paladin
8 Druid
9 Rogue

7 spots for 9 melee classes. So you see, you can’t take all melee-specs, and thus also not always have 2 of each.

A comment like “… only uses 1” thus has no value.

5 Likes

Yep so we are considered weak untill Method uses more DHs in their comp?
Judging by a single guild, which does things way differently than regular players in order to become world first, is a terrible idea.

I have no problem to get into raids and m+ whenever I wish. Be glad that you are not feral druid. Havoc is fine as it is now. Vengeance needs new talent tree and better mitigation.

1 Like

That’s exactly what’s wrong with it.

9 melee classes and they only brought 4 because of the buffs/debuffs, same goes for ranged dps and healers. They had 2 rogues, 2 spriests, 2 destro locks, 2 boomkins, 2 resto shamans and 2 disc priests.

Basically every buff and debuff in the game and then just the best dps classes overall.