AOE limit should be raised to 10

5 is way too small. Also this will ruin kamikaze tactics used in BGs.

1 Like

AoE cap shouldn’t get implemented at all lol

36 Likes

5 is good then.

AoE caps are the wrong design decision imo…

I don’t even see the logic behind the decision.

12 Likes

So special billybob whos really slow in the head and needs 5 secounds to react can play the game as good as competetive players! duh!

Im not mocking peoples special needs, but honestly thats the only logic i see behind this :thinking:

4 Likes

No. It’s a good thing.

3 Likes

dung design, they can make dung with less but more “dangerous” trash rather than 5 packs on the same corridor that u will just mass grip and burn down.

5-8 targets will still let u pull 2-3 packs, we just need to see how easy/hard they are to handle

1 Like

Have you ever seen a frost mage be able to get off several frozen orbs? It’s stupid.

Sounds more like a ‘‘git gud’’ problem than a game design problem

1 Like

Then change the dungeon design to smaller and more dangerous packs?

No need to limit the amount of enemies hit by AoE in order to do that.
If they’re dangerous enough they won’t be mass-pulled anyway as that would lead to a wipe.

1 Like

No.

Pull enough mobs and you can just spam frozen orb. That’s an ability with a 1 min cd that gets reduction from blizzard. With enough mobs, blizzard resets the orb rather than just reducing the cd. It’s a stupid amount of damage.

1 Like

Same with epidemic, phantom singularity, and alot of other abillities ect

If you have a team with a tank that can manage big packs & a healer that can make y’all survive then you deserve to get big boy dmg

It’s stupid. That has nothing to do with “l2p”. It’s downright stupid.

1 Like

You are stupid! :angry:

5 Likes

Now, now you two…

6 Likes

Sori mommy

She started it!

2 Likes

I don’t care who started it, because I’m ending it.

9 Likes

Honestly, I think we should see how it works out in beta, before we decide what’s the correct amount of AoE targets.

I just don’t think replacing one arbitrary number with another arbitrary number will help, without having actually felt the difference in gameplay.

I agree it is dumb. The reason a marksman Hunter is limited to 5 targets and first mage unlimited is not a “L2p” issue. It’s a “shockingly rubbish and unfair” balance issue. It’s much fairer if all classes have no limit or all are capped. “Just roll a class with unlimited aoe” is not an answer to balancing issues.

4 Likes

Yes it should. AoE should never be THE best answer to all situations which is exactly what would happen if there aoe would be uncapped.

2 Likes