AotC Mounts on Trading Post

I don’t think these mounts should have been removed, they should become standard 1% boss drop mounts (although that’s probably too low, 3% maybe).

I have no issues with this being brought back but the problem is Blizzard being way to selective in what comes back and doesn’t. It should honestly be everything or nothing. You end up annoying a lot more ppl by being selective.

Im pretty sure you could just by a boost in game though and get your ‘eBay’ mount that way!
There are probably plenty of people who got their extra special mount in a not so special way…

You can legally buy AotC with less than 20 euros

On my old account I had every Ahead of the Curve in the game except Heart of Fear and Highmaul, plus one Cutting Edge: The Black Gate up until 2020 when I quit. Came back 2 months ago on a new account because my old one was hacked and permabanned by the hacker :slightly_frowning_face:.

So yes I do know what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Terrible move by Blizzard.
Challenge based FOMO should remain unavailable forever.

Only RNG and TCG FOMO should be brought back.

4 Likes

Way less than €20 :P. I just checked trade services. AotC is 110k. With a token price 343k this is €6,2 which is what you pay for a coffee and a croissant like.
You need to try hard / ignore this game even at this point to not have aotc.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not that against bringing things like these back, but I don’t think the trading post should be the place for it, it should come from similar ingame content at a similar difficulty compared to the original way to obtain it.

4 Likes

Honestly I think AOTC mounts are the least of the problem here, but over on wowhead there’s already a lot of people saying mounts like glad mounts or scarab lord mount should meet the same fate. Which in my opinion is a lot different from these AOTC mounts.

I guess you weren’t ahead of the curve in getting an authenticator or any of the raids in Dragonflight.

I don’t mind that time-limited rewards become available again but I object to them being obtainable through Tender.

Let’s be real, you’re not flexing on people with the mount because 99,9% of the playerbase doesn’t care about what mount you ride or what mog you wear. It matters to you because you needed to perform well enough to earn it at the time - and that’s what should be respected.

So in this case, to get this mount, there’d have to be a rewamped SoO for timewalking and if you kill Garrosh on heroic, you get the mount. I wouldn’t have any issue with this at all. In fact, I think it would be a great incentive for timewalking raiding. They could do this with time-limited PvE transmogs as well - create a timewalking version of the content it is appropriate for and let people strive for it.

Similar system already exists with PvP mounts. If you keep winning games above 1k rating you will grind out a seasonal vicious mount, if you keep grinding above this rating, you will eventually get a vicious saddle which alows you to buy any vicious mount from previous seasons - completely fine.
There could be a similar system for elite PvP sets - you need 1,8k rating to get the full set, if you keep winning above 1,8k, you will eventually get an Elite Ensamble token which alows you to get any elite set from previous seasons.
Same for gladiator mounts, if you keep winning above 2,4k rating (or whatever it is right now) you will eventually get a Gladiator’s Saddle to get a glad mount from previous seasons.

Putting a performance based reward, no matter how old, on the Trading Post for Tender is simply lame.

4 Likes

You can do that with most of the game now, like I said in my previous post. They should either make everything accessible or keep it as it is. Not cherry pick past achievements that some people may hold value in.

When these achievements were released, it was known they were time-gated. So to just throw that all away like it means nothing is disappointing.

Lets be honest, this is probably a way to monetize the store for more real-life money. Tenders will eventually be purchasable on the store. They already are in in some ways. This is a slippery slope in the wrong direction.

1 Like

I agree with this (and the rest of your post).

It’s a bit like the Grove Warden, I missed that and would really love to get it. It’s the perfect Druid mount and it came as FOMO in a really strange part of the game that I missed out on.
In a way I reconciled myself to the fact I won’t get it.

But if it came to the TP I’d have the opportunity to buy it BUT… would I? And would I use it?
I don’t just want the mount, I want the opportunity to earn the mount. Otherwise I’d probably stick with something else that is more meaningful to me, something I fought hard to obtain.

So maybe I’m in the rare camp that wouldn’t mind things coming back, but would also like to earn them and not just buy them.

3 Likes

All removed content should be back in game.

• AotC mount should be in Timewalking (achiev shouldn’t)
  • MoP & WoD challenge mount / transmog in Timewalking (a specific version, not KSM)
  • Glad should be in glad activities (like getting a token when you win X games at X ranking that let you buy a previous glad mount, or a token instead of a season mount and choosing) / I don’t have the skill to be objective in this category, so people who do should offer their opinion
  • KSM (like token for the 2nd character who do it for the season, and choosing a previous mount at a vendor, or bonus reward at full +20…etc)
  • WoW Birthday Event items at the Birthday NPC (Why isn’t it the case already?)
  • Removed raid mount (like ZG - ZA) in Timewalking
  • Special Event where just your presence mattered (like Diablo Birthday / pre-extension event…etc) at the Trading Post

There are always methods to put back removed items in game while respecting (mostly) what people did when it was current content. Especially when there are some stupid things like : WoD challenge guild pet still here, but MoP not / Glory Nax without mount…etc

3 Likes

Agreed. I am very afraid of what will happen if we let Blizzard go through with this. This time it might be a AotC ground mount no one really cares about. But next time it might be MoP CM sets, Legion artifact skins etc.

Blizzard, don’t scare away your veteran players. Don’t sully our memories and achievements.

2 Likes

Good the FOMO needs to be abolished and all items removed need to be returned and yes I have the Aotc mount and I welcome its readdition to the game, I’ve never been shy about people and their feelings regarding their precious pixels.

2 Likes

Isn’t the trading post like the literal definition of FOMO though? You miss out on a majority of the content & you don’t know if/when it’ll be back. (Yes they have said it’ll come back but it could take years).

I’m all for bringing things back, but imo it should be through ingame activities at a similar level compared to the original. Like how Vicious Saddles work for pvp.

No because Blizz have alrdy stated that the Trading post will work on a rotation and everything will eventually come back.

Fomo im talking about is the shizz that perma disappears forever and that needs to stop.

Tbh Blizz should use a way of returning things without having to put it on a rotating shop ie the trading post.

1 Like

Agree mostly with rest of the points but imo this is concerning considering there’s people spending 10 million gold on these mounts daily through the BMAH.

I think if they were to return in other places besides the BMAH they should at the very least look into (partially) refunding quite a few of these people - as the main reason it costs so much is because it’s not available.

No they are not .

MoP had

LFR
FLEX 9-30 MAN
10 man normal
25man normal
10 man herioc
25man heroic

all pre 6.0

in WoD

LFR
normal flex
heroic flex
mythic

Curve in MoP could be got by doing

10man normal
25man normal
10 man heroic

Cutting edge was got by doing

25man heroic

You both really need to learn facts.

All the above are in MoP nothing to do with WoD stop trying to change things to suit your needs.