Api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll missing

So an issue that was reported SEVERAL TIMES on beta testing has now gone live with no viable fix bravo blizzard.
Guess they just gave their middle finger to all Windows 7 users, if thats the case considering the requirements state windows 7 is a viable minimum requirement on their website, i suppose i have good grounds to get the 89.99 i spent on the epic version refunded?

you know false information and all that.

10 Likes

Are you running a Nvidia card? I had the same problem, updated my drivers and is all good now.

AMD Radeon hd 5700 series all my drivers are up to date

NVIDEA GEForceGTX660, latest driver from the official site. It still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Win 7 is EOL since January 2020.

Why should Blizzard support a dead OS?

1 Like

Are you slow? did you even read the post? do you even know that win 7 is still a compatible OS according to BLIZZARD’s website? gtfo my post with your unproductive garbage you clown

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Windows 7 is not supported any longer from Microsoft side. So if the error needs some action from Microsoft side, there will never be a fix.

But trying to insult me fits into the picture.

Using an OS like Windows 7 is a huge security risk anyways.

Sorry last time i checked i thought Blizzard were the creators of WoW not microsoft?

The point of my post was to clearly state that Blizzard themselves say Win 7 is still viable to meet DF requirements, so what does it matter if its EOL with microsoft

Insult you? i think you need to return to your safe place no one will hurt you there.

2 Likes

Insulting each other is against the terms of conduct for the forums.

I’d stop, before the blues stop you with a posting ban, lol.

Sounds about right, blizzard would much rather ban someone for calling somebody a clown then fix their game.

I am not sure where I insulted him. :thinking:

Nevertheless, if a DLL is involved in the error, chances are high, that the OS is involved. Therefore, no fix.

I mean if this is open since Beta, I wouldn’t wait for a fix from Blizzard.

And to be productive on the topic.

Updating your is would be a good idea.

We really couldn’t care less about your opinion on the matter, we just want to play the game as promised. If you have nothing productive to say then just leave the thread, because again, we couldn’t care less.

5 Likes

The forum staff don’t fix anything. They manage the forums.

1 Like

This guy knows what hes talking about.

Zulajo i think youve missed the point a few times here, yes i know win 7 is ancient it belongs in a museum etc etc.

but why have it posted as the minimal requirement necessary to play DF if it isnt? misinfo at its finest really.

1 Like

Launcher->options->Game settings-> * Additional command line arguments → Write

“-D3D11LEGACY”

2 Likes
1 Like

I have tried both the stated methods above and continue to get the same error message, i think i’m going to just have to wait for a fix.

1 Like

I have the same problem unfortunately. Guess we´ll have to wait on a blue

2 Likes

Go to wow folder and open config File. Search for SET gxApi. Put D3D11_LEGACY there instead of what ever.

Worked for me in an older version of card from same family as yours.

1 Like

Appreciate the support but i didnt really understand what you mean, i’m just going to have to wait for a hot fix.

2 Likes