Api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll missing

Firstly, Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft. They’ve stopped the free updates, but if you pay for the extended support (or install a simple hack which is easily available) then you still get security updates every month just like before.

I’m also running Win 7 and also getting this error about the missing DLL with WoW crashing back to desktop. I used the DX11 option (not DX11 legacy, just normal DX11) as it’s slightly faster than using DX12 and doesn’t give the desktop colour changing problem that happens when using DX12.

Now since the patch it’s forcing DX12 as only viable option, if I try to select DX11 it crashes out with this misssing DLL error.

Surely it can’t be too much to ask to just include this DLL with Wow now, if it’s needed? I searched for it on the web but it seems to only be available from dodgy sites that I don’t trust. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yup got the same problem
hot fix it is

5 Likes

Hey all,
Yeah same problem, app is working, can run Classic Lich King DL, but cant run WoW (SL) last update crashed it.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue with Windows 7. Tried repairing and redownloading both wow and battlenet. Changed the setting to -d1d33 and -d1d33legacy and neither worked. Downloaded the file mentioned in this thread to System32 and sysWOW64 and restarted the computer. Nothing seems to fix it. :frowning: My only hope is that the game itself gets patched in the near future…

6 Likes

I don’t think they can, I think its a Microsoft DLL, part of the ActiveX API, and Microsoft might not allow redistribution of it.

2 Likes

go to wow folder on your computer and later to:
World of Warcraft \ _ retail _ \ WTF

• There you will see file Config.wtf
  • open it with notepad and press Ctrl+F
  • Search for SET gxApi
  • Make sure it says “D3D11_LEGACY”

Had issues even with D3D11. Had to specify legacy.
As for waiting for a fix: in 8.0 there was issue with integrated graphics where it took 15min to start the game. Took until 8.1 to have it resolved. Good luck.

2 Likes

it’s really not anymore at risk than windows 10 which is widely known to have major security flaws and a firewall a 6 year old could bypass. not to mention the hardcoded telemetry. Unless your going to dubious websites you will be just fine.

with that said this is NOT a windows 7 issue anyway it’s a hardware issue OP needs to upgrade his graphics card or update the driver.

5 Likes

Will this be solved, WIN7 and DX10 boosted users were under a yellow warning sign, not end game process?
Help please?!

1 Like

App options/Game settings include German and English,is possible to get a response from the app itself, and it started another download, self patch.

But after 8gigabytes of data, again still same Api error.

Try to:
Go to Options->Game settings
set checkbox on the left site of “Aditional command line arguments”
lower You have customfield, type there:
-d3d11legacy

with -d3d11 doesn’t work

Alsso try to update grafic drivers, c++ Redistribute, directx. Worked for me on Win 7 GPU GTX770

This doesnt work.

The methods where you make changes in the config or the battle net console only work if youre having these issues on a OS better then win 7, they dont work on win 7

1 Like

It worked for me on win7

Well i guess youre one of the lucky ones, considering ive seen other win 7 users try the methods with no resolution.

2 Likes

Tried it, just got another “Legacy” error after that.
As far as i can see, some people have made it some did not.

Think there should be an offical Blizzard answer will it work with Win7 and Nvidia cards with patched up drivers or not?!

ok i got the missing .dll then it was missing another .dll the kernel32 one.
now im getting the Wow_retail_Wow.exe error
Any ideas ?

Win7 with Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT
Please

that ain’t working and may I say I am getting more and more frustrated. There are items of 54k gold value waitng in my mailbox to be received by an alt and it’s the 2nd day I can not get in.

Same here, still cant start it, Classic LK latest DL works tho lol
Got the 2 missing .dll’s
But now having _retail_Wow.exe error, tried to fixed that and back to the legacy error, it’s like running in circles lol

I tried adding the multiple missing DLL’s and like others it now just crashes the WoW exe. Only when trying to use DX11 though, the DX11 legacy and DX12 options are working OK for me in Win 7.

Would still like to see the DX11 option working though, as it performs the best and also doesn’t change my desktop colour scheme ike DX12 does.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunatly lot’s of us do need DX11 option open.
Both Hardware and Software wise.
:frowning:
Hope they will be able to patch it up amongst everybody involved.

oh so thats why its changes my aero to win7 basic cause its not running on d12 huh how weird.

Side now i have 2 pcs, both win7, one plays wow but changes color scheme, the other cant launch wow cause .dll missing or fatal error etc.

The pc that does run wow and changes the color scheme, SOMEHOW is running wow on d11 weirdly enough but on the other pc when i put d11legacy option in game settings it does nothing. Very confused and idk when they’ll be fixing it

1 Like