Api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll missing

As far as i understand it yes, that’s the key difference, boosting your DX10 upper. Then the other Graphical issues happen. Cause we are still talking about DX10 boosts.
But from my expirience with dll it could be anything.
Just a few days ago after the patch prior to 10/25, i had a massive Sound lag, and the Sound was lagging the whole game tho both Proc and Graphics are not overloaded they work at normal ranges. Restarted got some little patch from the app it continued to work normal.
Now again problems with either _retail_Wow.exe or Legacy :frowning: :face_holding_back_tears:

apparently the issue was found

to note, this doesnt fix the color scheme changing, but gets you to play the game

That’s wonderful news … for them. I mean that’s another error from the one we are talking about here.

That’s Error #134 crush they are mentioning and here we are dealing with the missing .dll that causes Error #132

1 Like

its actually the same except thats the mac version vs the windows version, both have issues with their respective dlls, if one gets resolved the other will have the same solution, and thats a workaround not the official statement or patch or hotfix

OFFICIAL STATEMENT WE WILL BE SAVED TOMORROW

1 Like

Stil does not work for me.
If it is not _retail_Wow.exe then,
Returned me back to the “Invalid Argument d3d11legacy”, i have writen about it in a thread.
So i did get both missing dll’s the CORE one and Kernel32 one, i did the Line comand with d3d11legacy and did Movie"10".
Still does not start the game. :sob:

this is a temporary workaround till they release the client update like they said above, this was on the US forums posted an hour ago, i believe US will get their update first then tomorrow we’re getting ours

1 Like

I sincerly hope so, thank you!

The Talent Twerkers are back! (i hope) :smiley:

The correct additional command line is

-d3d11legacy

(with the symbol) , not simply

d3d11legacy

I 'm tired trying everyting I read and getting more disapointed.
I have tortured myself enough with that so I removed changes and line commands. At least that way I get to listen to launcher music along with the error message. Do you guys get a black screen but music woring fine?

Either way it get’s me back to the Retail.Wow.exe error again.
I have seen it on some other thread.
It is not the only line in question.
In my WOW folder, the config file does not have the SET gxApi “D3D12” line at all?!?! I do not have in config afraid to touch it alone.
The legacy one i did.
But as i said on the “cant-get-ingame” thread it is like runing in circles, you either get “invalid argument -d3d11legacy” or “Retail.Wow.exe” error again, running around in circles with those two.

here is the thread

ALL METHODS THAT HAVE PROMISE OF WORKING FOR CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS NOT A GUARANTEED FIX FOR EVERYONE

So below im going to list all methods that have recently been posted with potential of resolving the error issues this just makes it easier for people to find all methods in one post then scattered about, fyi i have tried all these methods myself and neither one of them have rectified the issue but for some users they have so firstly;

open config in wtf folder and add or modify this line
SET playIntroMovie "10"

open config in wtf folder and add or modify this line
SET gxApi "d3d11legacy"

**Open Bnet console click the little cog next to the word ‘‘play’’ **
go to game settings
check the little box that says ‘‘additional command line arguments’’ and underneath add
-D3D11LEGACY

Downloading the dll manually and extracting it into your System32 folder here is the link to the specific file (remove spaces) https ://www. dll-files. com/download/d7b8393146723e73d8fb6b9e2da45c1e/api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll.html?c=NFVWTHVxbVd3ak01QVVwb1c2N3RJUT09

so far these are all the work around methods that have fixed issue for some users, goodluck.

Same problem.
Win 7. After latest update crashes with misssing DLL " Api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll"

stil not any issue?

Hello, thank you.
But,
What if the config file does not contain “SET gxApi” line at all, it is not there ?
Reinstal the game ?

Press CTRL + F and search for it manually if it is not there then add the line into the config file

I did try with CTRL+F ofc, so just type it in there with the others ?
Im kinda afraid to do it ?!

Adding it in isnt going to break anything, if anything itll either fix the issue or youll still be where i am with it.

1 Like

Yeah just added it, again “Retail.Wow.exe” error on launch. :frowning:
US Forums said they will try out to patch it tomorow. From what i’ve read.
But thank you very much!

1 Like

You can download that .dll, and add it to your Windows system folder, but im not sure it will solve the problem, for some people only that did solve it, for many others, we found a loophole, repeating two same errors in a circle.

The update that just got out worked for me!!! Thank you so much Blizzard for patching it! <3 Hopefully it works for others too! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wooooooohoooooo!!!
WIN7 & Nvidia 9600 GT and it is working now!

THANK YOU ALL THAT CONTRIBUTED!!! LOVE YOU!