Are female and male identified as 1 and 2 only now?

are we just numbers today? Just curious what happened with female and male gendurs. :stuck_out_tongue:

reasoning to remove genders completely in the game is?

what if we want to be identified as ABC instead.

I remeber the devs doing stuff like this
https://www.wowhead.com/item=59253/sandrenes-invisible-vest#:~:text="It's%20there.%20 You%20just%20can't%20see%20it." ← just asking feel like asking were the genders have gone to in 2024.

7 Likes

Male and female were sacrificed on the altar of wokeism and DEI.
Be grateful blizz didn’t introduce pronouns like those poor sods in RuneScape have to suffer

16 Likes

I have had zero issues creating male and female characters, what is stopping you?

9 Likes

Wait til you see how many Europeans identify as White American Christian Nationalists with their culture wars answers.

3 Likes

Being a decent human being would be my guess.

5 Likes

Yeah, the entire thing is just handled more like a trend than a factual (biological) thing.

People are born male and female. What someone identifies as has nothing to do with their physical gender.

For me, a male is a man. A female is a woman. And then there is the very few people being intersex (having both gender traits to some extent). And then there are transgender woman/man (people that took surgery to change their biology).

It isn’t that complicated, yet people can’t seem to separate ideological identity from physical identity. Really sad.

5 Likes

And it’s too hard to convert that to Body type 1 and 2 because?

1 Like

Male and female? Oh, you mean Body 1 and Body 2.

Okay, okay, I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

So because it says body type you somehow lose your mind and can’t understand what they are?

I will never understand the trivial things people get worked up about. This is about as insignificant as it gets.

7 Likes

I didn’t said it’s hard. Only that it is handled more like a trend.

WoW sits right now in this weird state between progressive and non-progressive. At least regarding the character editor.

For example, a transgender player perhaps wants to play a character with female shape but no bust. So, where is the option for that player to have a flat chest? Same for a player that wants to play perhaps a skinny male. We have a Kul Tiran model of a skinny human, yet it isn’t utilized for that even.

WoW could need more options in the character editor to give people from all backgrounds more options. And by giving such options, all players would benefit from it.

I hope you get what I mean.

I was joking. It doesn’t really matter to me one way or another given how little time you spend in character customisation. That being said, I dislike that they gave every character gender neutral pronouns. It’s a change that should have never been made, that no one asked for.

1 Like

Fair enough but there are so many have a bee in their bonnet over nothing.

Now I would have liked to see the options brought to the game that were previously datamined where you could set what your preference is so that you are referred to as he/she/they would have been nice. I’d love voice options too.

There was actually a proper topic about that.

But these topics of fake hysteria because you have to click body type 2 instead of a female symbol are just daft and bring out all the transphobes.

3 Likes

Only good thing about it that i know who i don’t feel like engaging with on the forum but that’s kinda it.

5 Likes

Some people are transphobic, sure, but by and large it’s regular people who are male and female presenting who just want to be referred to as the desired gender in-game.

Rather than the Body 1 and Body 2 change, they should just introduce an option for pronouns like you said. Would have been far more inclusive than what they went for.

Why are there suddenly a bazillion threads about this? Is Mother Russia trying to stir a culture war in Europe again?

3 Likes

While I do think, that we also need a gender-option in the character creation, I really don’t think we need more threads about it…there are literally 2 active ones already existing and probably a thousand inactive ones …

Please continue somewhere there and let this thread die or close it or whatever…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bring-back-gender/529240/

Mostly just a bunch of sorry gamers, usually guys, in their mid 20’s - 40’s disgruntled with things irl and finding anything remotely inclusive related to be their online outlet for it on a gaming forum.

1 Like

I honestly see it as a lazy method of giving players “body choice”, by shoehorning it as such, instead of actual choices for a variety of body types.

These body type 1 and 2 are strictly male and female, be nice to have the choice of having a “body type 1” with more feminine features and vice versa, etc.

The average person is intelligent enough to figure out type 1 male type 2 female.

You can literally see them on the screen. It’s not rocket science.

Yes, but as I said they changed pronouns in-game to be gender neutral. That’s a change that deserves genuine criticism.

1 Like