Are the low pop servers going to merge or not?

The lowest pop EU realm right (Dragonfang) now has 9k active players.
Your Judjement is 11.5k
Vanilla server cap was 4k or so back in 2005.

Surely, nobody to play with.
I’d rather play on 9k server than on 30k if i wasnt 55lvl.
Trade chat is 300 “LFG spell cleave” per minute. And yeah, AH is way healthir on your realm, you can even make some gold by selling mats.

Low pop servers will also get a fresh blood when p2 starts and high pop realms will get 20-30k queues and start transferring.

If I can see that my layer is overpopulated - which I do - then all the ohter layers are equally overpopulated.
When layering stops, there will be standing room only for all of us. Try and check out /who on your realm and look around - there’s approximately 10 layers, as I see 1/10 or less of the ppl in /who (try one level and one race defined).
Low pop serwers in absolute numbers do not exist right now (exceptin’ some German or French servers) In the 50+ level group, there are not many players anywhere. If you go here and scroll daon you’ll se why. There’s almost no characters in 50+
http://wowpop.appspot.com/

You’re making it sound so good rn, while it isn’t. Good job on that.

But your numbers just aren’t valid. There are never 11k people online at once. Those 11k you are stating are “active players” may just as well consist of 8k people lvling characters up to 10-20 and then rerolling, 2k between 20-40 or whatever.

At this moment; /who 55- = 34 people, of which 21 is in the guild exclusively running their own stuff. This is the sort of numbers that are actually of use. Things are heading down a slippery slope - they were 2 weeks ago and they will very likely still be a month from now.

i really understand your problem. But this is actually how it was back in 2005.
If you were rushing leveling - you were ahead of the curve but alone.
And you are right, majority of people are below level 30.

Did you think on joining that guild with 21x 55+?
If you rush, you might look for the people like you

You can see the population on your realm - the actual numbers etc here: http://wowpop.appspot.com/realms/judgement and you can clearly see that most on your realm - as on any oher realm - has not yet reached higher levels.

In Retail they haven’t been able to merge realms for a number of years now, despite some servers suffering with low populations. Therefore I don’t know if merges will be possible in Classic. My best guess would be that if it’s not possible in Retail, it’s not possible in Classic. However, if they overcome the issues and can do it in Classic then that bodes well for Retail and they might finally get back to doing more merges there too.

I have not seen any information on merges at all but if I do I’ll try to come back and post it.

We are about to get another round of FCM on Classic

Hopefully more people will make the move, but you need to make it sound inviting to entice people over. Doom and gloom threads on the forums will only serve to deter others. There are always pros and cons to moving.

1 Like

Did you think on joining that guild with 21x 55+?

Not sure wether it would be shaming or not, so lets just leave it at my ignore list being a very handy tool.

If you rush, you might look for the people like you

Hard on a low pop server. Like I’ve previously mentioned; the guild-situation isn’t helping.

The lowest pop EU realm right (Dragonfang) now has 9k active players.
Your Judjement is 11.5k
Vanilla server cap was 4k or so back in 2005.

Vanilla server cap was for ONLINE players. You’re mixing active (people that are logging in on this server) with people that are online AT THE SAME TIME.

Currently Judgement server has 2-2.5K online players at PEAKS during weekend. We sure could use at least 1k more to make it ok. Also - many players are just low lvl, I’m Only lvl 40 and i’s still way ahead of the curve and it’s pretty hard to find groups (I don’t mind it though, should get normal when I hit 60)

are they THAT bad?
well, then i feel really sorry for you. dunno what to suggest, feels like a dead end.

I remember when leveling in a late tbc (not many people were leveling around), were were finding groups for “tomorrow 8 pm ZF run”.

yeah, it sucks. but i hope you will find a way out.

Who 55 at Nethergarde Keep now is 32. And that’s medium pop.
Hydraxian Waterlords count /who 55 = 10
Gehennas /who 55 all of 61 players
so actually 34 is quite cool for this time of day

Add a “-” after the “55”.

Yeah he ment 55-60

Ah, you wanted all 55 and more, not only level 55 But the 55-59 would be more realistic as 60 won’t play with you :wink:

well, 34 is 55-60 on heis server. that’s really not a lot.

55-59 Nethergarde keep is 99
The level 60 are all in dungeons.

No, and if it was not a PvP server, I’d be rolling there immediately :wink:

I have not seen any information on merges at all but if I do I’ll try to come back and post it.

Very appreciated.

…but you need to make it sound inviting to entice people over.

Although, I have to admit I would not wish upon any solo player to make the same choice as I.

A friend took FCM although it’s quieter he says one of the perks is it’s a lot less busy to complete quests. He can plough through levelling.

Well, to be said, being on a 30k server is also bad, cause every mat on AH costs like vendor price+15%.
You just vendor all the good greens, because deposit kills the idea of trying to sell them on ah.

but imagine not being able to even get once to BRD, cause there are like 30 people online who would do it and then don’t want you there

I would LOVE it - a real low pop server that is - and as for dungeons - That’s what guilds are for.