Are the low pop servers going to merge or not?

It ain’t news at this point that the low pop servers are so far behind in progression and so small, pop-wise, that the hype is more or less non-existant on those servers.

Trying to find 50+ groups on Judgement(where I’m currently at) can take days, literally “days”. There aren’t enough people to go around and one guild is more or less soaking all the 60’s and exclusively running groups within their guild. It has in my opinion just created a horrible atmosphere for players not willing to join that one big guild for whatever reason.

People who claim to be enjoying this and that are saying it’s getting better are either the people with a fixed group of 5 mates exclusively running their own dungeons, or people that are trolling. It is not getting better.

As the title asks; will there be a merge happening? When? If not, will transfers be implemented OUT of those low pop servers anytime soon? Will something be made to better the community for those servers?
Has anyone heard or read anything? Does anyone know about any thread/forum sections in which this is being or has been discussed by Blizzard?

Layering is hiding the fact most servers are still massively overpopulated. Once layering is off in a few months, there will be a lot of people moving to low pop servers

1 Like

Layering doesn’t affect trying to find a group.

5 Likes

They are offering transfers TO those servers atm

And you could probably count the amount of people transferring TO those servers on your left hand alone.

1 Like

What kind of multi fingered monster do you take me for good sir?

3 Likes

ARE THE LOW POP SERVERS GOING TO MERGE OR NOT?

these are the only servers that have a chance to be OK after layering is removed.
others will be massively overpopulated.

1 Like

Not sure you actually understood the point being made. There are no people to play with. Get it? Who would give a toss if the server has no queue when it takes hours, and if unlucky at this moment in time, days, to find a group?

Where is this wonderland? I am totally overrun most of the time. Where can I roll witout this happening and NOT on a PvP server?

Opens mouth and raises hand

Never mind.

3 Likes

why do you people deliberately spread lies ?

layering has nothing to do with maximum server cap.

it has only to do with amount of people you see and who compete for the same resources on your layer

3 Likes

people who just focus on questing and dont want to do dungeons to not interact with toxic individuals.

there are plenty of those dont you worry

1 Like

I’m not currently around those levels, but I am pretty sure players from these guilds who have most of the high-level players don’t “exclusively” run dungeons with themselves. Try /who level-range from time to time and whisper individually. I doubt that all the replies you will get will be “you’re not from my guild so I won’t run dungeons with you”. Not sure you will ever get a reply like that.
Get real.

As for the server merging proposal, only time will tell if it Blizzard considers a server merge to “fix” a new server’s “population issue”, so we just have to wait and see.

Until then, keep whispering, LFG isn’t the only way to find groups.

The lowest pop EU realm right (Dragonfang) now has 9k active players.
Your Judjement is 11.5k
Vanilla server cap was 4k or so back in 2005.

Surely, nobody to play with.
I’d rather play on 9k server than on 30k if i wasnt 55lvl.
Trade chat is 300 “LFG spell cleave” per minute. And yeah, AH is way healthir on your realm, you can even make some gold by selling mats.

Low pop servers will also get a fresh blood when p2 starts and high pop realms will get 20-30k queues and start transferring.

If I can see that my layer is overpopulated - which I do - then all the ohter layers are equally overpopulated.
When layering stops, there will be standing room only for all of us. Try and check out /who on your realm and look around - there’s approximately 10 layers, as I see 1/10 or less of the ppl in /who (try one level and one race defined).
Low pop serwers in absolute numbers do not exist right now (exceptin’ some German or French servers) In the 50+ level group, there are not many players anywhere. If you go here and scroll daon you’ll se why. There’s almost no characters in 50+
http://wowpop.appspot.com/

You’re making it sound so good rn, while it isn’t. Good job on that.

But your numbers just aren’t valid. There are never 11k people online at once. Those 11k you are stating are “active players” may just as well consist of 8k people lvling characters up to 10-20 and then rerolling, 2k between 20-40 or whatever.

At this moment; /who 55- = 34 people, of which 21 is in the guild exclusively running their own stuff. This is the sort of numbers that are actually of use. Things are heading down a slippery slope - they were 2 weeks ago and they will very likely still be a month from now.

i really understand your problem. But this is actually how it was back in 2005.
If you were rushing leveling - you were ahead of the curve but alone.
And you are right, majority of people are below level 30.

Did you think on joining that guild with 21x 55+?
If you rush, you might look for the people like you

You can see the population on your realm - the actual numbers etc here: http://wowpop.appspot.com/realms/judgement and you can clearly see that most on your realm - as on any oher realm - has not yet reached higher levels.

In Retail they haven’t been able to merge realms for a number of years now, despite some servers suffering with low populations. Therefore I don’t know if merges will be possible in Classic. My best guess would be that if it’s not possible in Retail, it’s not possible in Classic. However, if they overcome the issues and can do it in Classic then that bodes well for Retail and they might finally get back to doing more merges there too.

I have not seen any information on merges at all but if I do I’ll try to come back and post it.

We are about to get another round of FCM on Classic

Hopefully more people will make the move, but you need to make it sound inviting to entice people over. Doom and gloom threads on the forums will only serve to deter others. There are always pros and cons to moving.

1 Like

Did you think on joining that guild with 21x 55+?

Not sure wether it would be shaming or not, so lets just leave it at my ignore list being a very handy tool.

If you rush, you might look for the people like you

Hard on a low pop server. Like I’ve previously mentioned; the guild-situation isn’t helping.