Are we going to enter dragonflight with stuttering?

i chill out a bit when the game is free to play thanks.

maybe for you,for me it stutters anywhere has long a player appears in the scene.

you dont need to disable nothing,i run the game on a rog 4090 / 13900k and on low settings ,it has stutters same way.

Can confirm this, even one player causes stutter and also loading in a new area. Always consistent stutter, pop-ins and longer loading times.

2 Likes

Apparently the fix is to open _retail\WTF\Config.wtf in Notepad and add:

SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

This is not a fix.

This was baked into the game weeks ago by Blizz, and doesn’t fix it. If you add the line yourself, it will be gone next time you launch the game.

that is not a fix,that happened right after the pre patch when that command was missing from the default cvar options,right after the first week a hotfix was implemented with that command allready on it,but it still doesnt fix the stutters when others players load around us.

1 Like

Yup still an issue for me. When players load in I stutter. I didnt use too… this arrived in pre-patch. Still a mess. A lot of people are having this issue. Has nothing to do with the gxallowcachelessshader stuff

1 Like

The cache command only fixed the camera stutter and was added weeks ago by the Devs. I’m over on US forums still trying to get a response to the stuttering and pop-in issues.

1 Like

Bump. This needs fixing asap.

Experiencing this still, especially in the obsidian citadel, game stutters every 10 seconds.

LOL

if you recruit based on that you deserve to go broke.

You recruit based on skills

1 Like

Still horrible stutter whenever a new player appears. This started in 10.0. This is not related to the gx stuff that was fixed with a console command. Please fix the game. Its borderline unplayable on flawless good hardware. Dont tell me to reset my ui. Fix your game.

3 Likes

Clearly this assumes that the skill set is good. Nobody hires when the skill set is not a match.

I’m sorry you have to have this explained to you.

Lets just hope they can fix this stuff asap. I’d like to enjoy the game. I know we are on the EU forum were we are second-class citizens comparee to the NA forum but it would be great if they could come out and acknowledge this issue. Again, this has nothing to do with the specific command CachelessShaderMode.

2 Likes

More like third class xD .2nd class are korean players

A post on US forum said that disabling game sound (not just music, but disable all sound in options menu) made a great difference with the stuttering problem. Have tried it myself and yes it has made quite an improvement, so hopefully this might point Blizzard at the source of the problem.

I tested this on many systems, didn’t help one bit. This is only for people being at the edge of CPU single core limitations.

I’m running a 5800X3D with a 3080TI and while the occasional stuttering wasn’t that bad, disabling sound seems to have reduced it by at least 90%.