Are we still denying that World of Warcraft is dying?

Or start 5 tags: dead > low > medium > high > full. So people won’t be baited into joining a low server then noticing it’s like tops 100 per evening online!

Dead: Don’t join this server… If you’re still on this here a free transfer for all your chars. If you wann stay on this? Well enjoy playing alone.
Low: We can save this with very hard effort.
Medium: Salvagable if we don’t sit on our thumbs for too long.
High: Perfect, don’t do anything.
Full: Plz start transfering from this server to anathor that isn’t full!

1 Like

yeah, but blizzard are misleading us currently, so some sort of transparent system needs to be in place where players are able to confirm things themselves rather than have to “trust” blizzard.

Ghostlands is currently showing as medium, but i would say 100% it is low, and maybe even a contender for dead.

so blizzard is lying.

All we will get then is “will wow come back alaive again?”
As for the OP i kind of get where he is coming from but this is more os a personel stance as my guild the one i have had many many good times playing with died in BFA and while some of us are playing again in classic its not the same.

So i do play wow less and less and honestly the last patch failed to draw me in at all.

Lol why do posts like “X is dying.” Pop up when said something is positively surging in both terms profit and player count? Weird world :pregnant_woman:

Wish fulfilment by wannabe Doomsayers who mistake their own opinions as fact? People getting bored in queues so feeling they have to come and spread obnoxious bile on the forums despite having got -exactly- what they wanted, warts and all.

May be as simple as “Its the weekend, so they aren’t at school?”

I mean it has gotten noticeably worse since Classic was released, it seems some people didn’t really want Classic, they just wanted a stick to beat Retail with. Tragic really.

1 Like

It was something like 10 years ago, but not anymore.

You gotta concretize which piece of it you’re calling trash, because I find Vol’Jin’s line quite intriguing and interesting. Like imagine: it might have been a filthy deceit of Load/Old gods/Lich King/Whatever else made the entire Horde follow the wrong warchief by Sylvanas’ bargain.

All of it is trash.

1 Like

How’s so tho? I mean I can agree on “The War” part and also on Saurfang’s part but there are plenty of good stories in the xpac

The Old Gods are brainless bigbads serving only as raid fodder, the factions are a mess and only keep getting worse patch over patch, whoever tricked Vol’jin is irrelevant because Blizzard’s ‘surprises’ are never actually surprises. There’s never any pay off.

The characters are inconsistent and on dimensional, continuity is thrown out of the window every other expansion with a heap of retcons erasing old lore.

It’s plain and simple trash.

3 Likes

Literally entire BFA (war part), story-wise, is a burning trash-can.

The only things which aren’t abominable are the questing zones, and both factions are turned into a joke.

3 Likes

Came back to wow for classic, but went to retail after a few days. Seeing a lot of new players without heirblooms in leveling dungons. Its nice to see people coming back and even new players starting.
Wow will not die until they shut down the servers. Runescape and Everquest etc is proof of that. Fingers crossed for wow 2 in near future.

1 Like

You mean Drustvar. Through the whole zone you have the witch theme.
In tiragarde sound you start with pirates and then it goes on with equestrianism follow by a trogg assault, some miners being attacked by azerite elements, a gnome with his nature resort, a wildhammer dwarf and so on.

In stormsong valley you fight against the corrupted water priests followed by a Horde assault, a naga attack, boar people, the venture co. and felt 100 other enemies.
Even in 2 of the Horde zones we help a snake guy who tells us a bit of his land’s story followed by nothing, and in Nazmir we learn the blood trolls are bad by losing a lot of soldiers and one of our soldiers goes complete mad trying to kill us.

I’m still amazed that they found no space for a burning Legion outpost.
It really feels like they made Drustvar as good as possible to show of a great questing zone for demos and remembered in the last week before alpha that there are 2 other Alliance zones and that there should be campaign quests for the 3 Horde zones.

Legion was good but lorewise it was stupid to see hundreds of people running around with ashbringers, doomhammers ect.

I wish they stopped treating us like champions and more like adventures.

2 Likes

As far as I’m concerned Retail WoW has been dying a very slow death for many years. If it keeps going the way it is now I don’t think it will last beyond two more expansions.

Even though BFA is supposedly a huge disappointment a lot players stick around anyway. It’s hard to let go of a character you have played for so long. I know this predicament well. This is potentially making Retail WoW look like it’s in a better position than it’s actually in. Now we have Classic artifically inflating the Retail sub count as well.

Retail isn’t beyond saving. I think it would be easy to save…but only if Blizzard come down from their ivory tower and make a habit of taking player feedback seriously. They have a wealth of talent, money and constructive feedback to work with…if only they would use all that with players in mind instead of shareholders :expressionless:

2 Likes

i still enjoy wow Kul tiras and Zandalari are great, true BFA had a really bad start but it gets better. Nazjatar is indeed a complete waste of time and absolutely rubish. Mechagon love it.
but we are not denying Wow is dying we just don’t see it the way you see it.
so i think are still denying that you can not face the fact most people do not share your opinion. if Wow is so bad why are you here???

Yes it does seem that some wanted classic for that reason. I find various aspects of BFA enjoyable, but not all. My likes and dislikes of BFA are entirely subjective. But I won’t let myself sit on some fence doing doom crying just because I am not 100% satisfied with the experience.

Blizzard attracted a lot of people back with classic and they have reportedly showing up in profit from what I’ve read around the net.

It sucks that people want to a see a product die that so many people love.

People have been saying that WoW is dying since day one. Even more, you’ll find such claims that game is dying on every forum of every single multiplayer game. In a broader sense WoW and every other games is of course dying because they won’t be there forever, but WoW is doing just fine.

If you want to claim otherwise you should present concrete facts. For example, you are saying: “The majority of the playerbase and former playerbase agrees that BfA is absolute trash.” Do you have numbers, facts, statistics? Or do you only have some forum/reddit opinions which is only a small vocal part of game’s community?

P.S. Not a fanboy. Haven’t played WoW in about two years. Returned for classic. Don’t like retail because of how easy and dumbed down the leveling is.

1 Like

How can u say that the game is alive? It’s a MMO and you don’t meet any new people in the world. It’s very hard for new players to find friends in BfA. Just join a grp, zerg and leave. It feels more like a singleplayer game imo.

And yes, I am in a guild and I’ve been raiding mythic, not just raidfinder. But I never met anyone outside of my guild. Saying that BfA is alive now is a delusion… Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

2 Likes

Is MMO just about TALKING to new people ? So Tinder is MMO too ? I mean i see a lot of people in my server, but “inv plz” and such seem to be core why one would go call something MMO.

It is ok if tastes differ, but this ‘wow is dead’ line is really as old as the game itself.

1 Like