Arenas are a mistake

alrite, good point

i will concede

1 Like

Nope, still enjoying WoW PvP and arenas far more than any MOBAs :wink: how do you explain it? I simply don’ enjoy large scale PvP because the more people are fighting each other the less personal skill is involved.

2 Likes

Becouse their gamplay is easier compared to a moba due of lack of tactical elements that arenas lacks

But PvP isn’t only about strategy. It is also about how good are you at playing your character, mechanically.

If you don’t play rated arenas then play rated BGs. Why are u trying to remove smt just because you don’t like it?

1 Like

And mechanically a group of 10-15 man is mechanically better if they are capable to beat a team of their same size or bigger.
While a smaller team is safer becouse you have to realt on 1/2 people doing their job compared to 9/14

Becouse people don’t have interest due of arenas giving the same rewards with lesser effort

Nope. You can beat mechanically better players by having better strategy in large scale PvP. If you are mechanically better but still facing 1v3 because you are in a bad spot you simply lose.

So should we remove raids or m+ so we increase participation in either of these? Man, stop. Do you think I would start doing RBGs if they removed arena? No, I would stop playing PvP because I simply don’t enjoy RBGs. Good luck with participation then.

1 Like

dont think arena is meant to be appeasing lore whatsoever given its purely for PvP

that could be cool if balancing was more frequent and based around how the individual class faired in current game, 5 vs 5’s can stay in the trash and realistically only 3 vs 3 imo is the boring bracket which could figuratively speaking lose its seat as the “esport event” in favour of 2 vs 2

personally a lot of class design choices are why PVP is mundane right now, but that’s not going to change when the Ion only does mythic raiding prog so 90% of actual class changes go to raiding. cough Zul.

Arena itself as a concept is absolutely fine and arena is the e-sport event, the only form of content infact which shows a players level of skill outside of it being a dumb zerg fest

Rbgs is a dumb set of content and people should be rewarded differently from arena in terms of cosmetics, giving them a ‘arena/glad mount & tabard & weapon enchant’ is wrong since its easier to carry weaker players in larger scale content, hence why curve boosts for nzoth sell so well.

Also if your gonna spew all this nonsense at least post on your main instead of hiding behind a classic toon so we can see how serious to take this post based off of arena rating ty ty

1 Like

Becosue you are not the target to who mmos should address too and its totally fine.

But arenas killed every possibility to have proper RvR and big instanced pvp that it’s core of mmorpgs

Let’s remove raiding because I don’t like it.
It was a mistake having instanced PVE gameplay.
MMORPG is all about the open world

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As I wrote before arenas back in tbc made me completely lost every interest of pvp in this game.

You don’t need to taste and apple to understand if it’s rotten.

Oh I got it already - you know exactly what should and should not be in an MMO, nice. Any other opinion is wrong. I’ve been playing MMOs for like 15 years, ESO, GW2, FF, BDO, WoW. But hey, what do I know about MMOs right?

Pretty much sums up why I don’t like PvP in WoW, besides of how PvP in WoW is just utterly imbalanced. I’m sticking with ebgs because you don’t notice the imbalance that much.

I played a lot of arenas way back in TBC, but even then it wasn’t as fun as BGs. Blizzard just went and continued with it, which is kinda sad since we’re playing a MMO.

Then quickly after I realized MMOS and all their classes balance issues are just not made for PvP. Especially WoW.
There’s a reason why when you say PvP nowadays, the majority won’t think of WoW arenas or WoW at all. There are MUCH better games out there.

When you have developers focused only on PvP and making it a great experience it’s a whole different level. Especially in games where the player actions matter the most and not because one played X class with X gear/spec.

I wish they developed battlegrounds and made more fun group activities like some kind of enhanced Alterac on different maps. But alas… we got arenas esport.

I wish there was more Korrak’s Revenge and Classic Ashran tbh (both event brawls).

1 Like

Why would I do that, when the developers implemented arenas… into an MMORPG.

Just because you say something, doesn’t make it true. Think there’s a word for that - Delusion maybe

1 Like

You really kinda do, the game has been actively evolving for -years- and you’re acting purely off of a jaded opinion which is relishing in content dated back LITERAL years ago, over a decade ago even you could argue.

If you have not played retail since TBC your opinion is as good as me trying to give an expert opinion on league of legends when I don’t even competitively play that game.

Becouse a raid you can brute forcing by adding more more people.

In pvp a smaller team can beat a bigger one

Ultima online, Dark age of Camelot, Albion online, Star wars Galaxy and even Eve online (can be considered in extramis) mmo more know for they pvp than pve

Arena is great, it’s just that 3v3 is very chaotic

2v2 would be a much better format to balance around imo

Healer Dps vs Healer Dps provides you with: Slower more methodical gameplay, more available comps, easier communication, easier to follow for a viewer.

If AWC started airing 2s at the world tier level, it would actually be able to be viewed by non-PvPers because people can follow whats happening on screen.

Unless you’re 2k+ rated yourself, you barely have any clue whats going on in a game of high rated 3s, its just too chaotic.

Not to mention how they balance PvP and classes around Arenas.