Argent Dawn, Communities, Us VS Them & Escapism

As someone who originally came from Sha’tar, I am well aware of what happens when the RP population of a Realm is stiffled by people who do not want to take part at all in the general RP. Again, this is why I brought up the whole thing with Blizzard increasing their moderation when it comes to RP Realms. Non-RP names, harassment, etc. With those changes I doubt anyone who really wants to be on this Realm would be left unhappy.

My second point that many seemed to glaze over was when people basically just use this “OOCers killed my parents” kind of thinking to demonize anyone who is a OOCer/has not yet shown interest in RP on the Realm in order to prop themselves to a higher pedestal in this virtual space and what that kind of thinking can eventually lead to especially when it’s a collective.

Gah. You’ve figured me out. How will I ever get to sell my The Stoppable Force for 3 Gold now?

I would not say that it is criminal at all for people to want a RPer only space, but it’s also about how people approach this sort of thing and unfortunantly what a lot of group mentalities can devolve into in the long run.

3 Likes

Apparantly charging 500 gold for a lvl 2 tailoring grey item is apparantly “good for the server” according to some people.

Because I am confident that we got OOCer’s to thank for that for going “haha lol just sell these common mogs/items for 500k gold and make bank of these silly rpers”

8 Likes

Have you read the sticky post/ have you read any post in the past month because this has been discussed and agreed upon

Weird strawman to create a drama from your side

17 Likes

Then I think it’s tertiary to do this redditcore psychoanalysis of people not wanting to be griefed

Yeah, if Blizzard had seriously robust moderation and upheld the RP policy that was around when many of us joined this realm, nobody would care about OOCers and I think far fewer of them would care to play on this realm anyway

AD is only a cool server for OOC players because the rules are only very rarely enforced so you can just do what you do on a PVE server but also have access to hilarious zoo animals you can watch and /say cringe lol! at

I think it’s pretty fortunate instead. The PvE, PvP etc communities get a lot of changes made because they complain effectively to Blizzard and shake the boat enough for things to get done

I’m glad we’re starting to do that too, even if it’s on a fairly small scale

24 Likes

If you’re gonna do Content on Argent Dawn at least also be an RPer in some capacity. If you ONLY do PvE or PvP… Why not just got to a PvE or PvP realm?
That’s the point. Not that content is illegal.

25 Likes

Ok, so, we’re meant to be ok about people spamming toys in RP hubs or discussing how they just had intercourse in /yell just because they “haven’t expressed interest yet”?
That’s not how it flies, chief. If a man waltzes inside your house and begins throwing things all over the place you don’t forgive him for not being educated enough on basic society principals — you just kick him out.

14 Likes

Peep who likes the posts and you know where this is going/ what the motives truly are here

11 Likes

Having rolled over on the Sha’tar and watched it get destroyed by OOCers, I’m not doing that again.

If you want to RP, this realm is for you. If you do not, then pick one of the other 40 realms.

it really isn’t rocket science.

16 Likes

As I have said before, it’s very easy for anyone to see which people are receptive to RP and just “havent expressed interest yet” so to speak.

In-game it would be the people who just tries to be a discret as possible when for example grabbing a quest in the middle of a group of rpers(Or more rarer, whisper a quick apology, but it does happen). It is not the people who troll or disrupt for a “bit of fun”

On the forums its also very easy to see and we got numerous examples. Receptive people being those who make a post asking about the realm, and after having the situation explained to them seem more curious about trying out rp and being cordial.

The non-receptive are those who immediatly go absolute ballistic when asked a simple question of “Why here though?”

6 Likes

Given that the reason why we are effectively getting high elves in Shadowlands was people going bats**t crazy after blue eyes for blood elves were datamined, I’d say shouting very loudly rather than calmly and nicely explaining your points works much better when it comes to asking Blizzard for stuff.

9 Likes

Another Opressed Gamer Moment?

I’m not inclined to give the benefit of the doubt, or put in time/effort, to people who have made it clear that they have no interest in engaging with my preferred activity (which is also the realm’s categorization) beyond disrupting it for their own amusement. Why turn the other cheek if it’ll end up getting slapped like the first one was?

6 Likes

Not really sure what you mean by this, but it would be appreciated if you’d explain.

Yeah sorry no idea what you mean by “Redditcore”.

Again, making up noise about it is not the prime issue, for me it is how some people go on about it.

On my six years on AD I have never ran into someone who would treat RPers like somekind of attraction, of course my own personal experiences do not nullify the experiences of others and I am sure there have been dolts who have gone and done just this too, but what I am saying is that it’s not that healthy for people to assume that almost every person not RPing is spitting down on them and laughing at them like some high school jocks in a locker room.

1 Like

Literally what the server is supposed to be, btw.

10 Likes

Tempted to start joining mythic+ runs and RP walking through them while raid emoting enviroment descriptions and when I’m yelled at I’ll hit a big post on the general forums typing like I’m fresh from my A level pyschology class about how tribalism is unhealthy and that maybe I was potentially interested in DPSing and was driven off by the toxic attitude of my teammates

Dude there’s no rule that says I can’t start RP walking in your timed +15, stop being a gatekeeper …!

Hopefully Gizzy et al will like my post and agree with me - it’s the same argument after all

30 Likes

It really is not that much to ask for, is it? “Be a RPer in some capacity”?

How hard can it be to, for example, just go to a bar IC one day a week?

12 Likes

But if from most people’s personal experiences, this is exactly the case with 9/10 OOCer’s, then surely its a problem from their end and not the roleplayers experiencing this?

It kinda sucks that an RP server has places you can’t RP in, and 95% of those spots aren’t an environment ok for RP because of OOCers (Goldshire is a mix issue of OOCers and virgins)

14 Likes

He’s British and recently had a son.

1 Like

This is just a thinly veiled snipe thread vs. the role play community standards honestly

10 Likes