Argent Dawn EU has a population of 70% Alliance, and yet Alliance are the ones who get the War Mode bonus. The Warmode phase is chock FULL of them

Seriously, Blizzard, why in the world is the dominating faction rewarded with a far higher % in AP and rep gains when they take NO RISK WHATSOEVER when they press the Warmode button? They outnumber the Horde in a ratio of over 2:1. It’s absolutely crazy.

25 Likes

It’s because the RP realms wanted their own shards.

Originally the Warmode system’s shards were supposed to be for everyone, so RP servers would be clumped together with everyone else.

But the RP community complained that this would ruin their opportunity to create RP-PVP events, because of interference by non-RPers.

So Blizzard gave them their own isolated shards to play on.

The downside is that their faction bonus is still determined by the overall faction balance, and not the faction balance on their own shards.

But that’s why. RPers wanted their own bubble to play in, so they got that. But they’re still part of the same Warmode system as everyone else.

5 Likes

And this should be changed.

5 Likes

That would have an unwanted side-effect.
Because non-RPers can still join RP-realm shards.
So if RP realms had their own Warmode bonus where Horde got +20% extra rewards, what do you think all the Horde players on Normal servers would do? That’s right, they’d start joining groups to play on the RP shards for the sweet Warmode bonus. And then they’re no longer RP shards.

So long as players are allowed to move between shards (and RPers wanted the option to join other shards than their own), then you can also only have 1 Warmode bonus. Otherwise players will game the system.

4 Likes

A few Horde players doesn’t make any difference on AG because it’s literally unplayable as Horde there. And do you know what? Alliance players could do the same right now and join the AG shard :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Normal wm shards are way better, unless you actually rp your wpvp.

Hogwash. The exact same thing is true today, but for alliance.

They either base the balanced based upon rp and normal realms, or they remove the separation completely. I couldn’t care less which.

Defias brotherhood was known for it’s 50/50 balance and furthermore wpvp. Not it’s rp. Guess why people rolled here?

Hell, I can’t even remember when it was the last time I saw any rp, and this despite that all rp servers are now connected.

3 Likes

I started BfA on Defias, was very boring in wpvp compared to normal WM shards. I used to see an occassional rper hehe, none of that on proper wm shards.

In bfa?
Then you know nothing. Go figures.

2 Likes

Cool, so a FEW players get Warmode bonuses.

As it is RIGHT NOW, A LOT of Alliance get the Warmode bonus for free, without any RISK whatsoever.

No in Legion. Was too quiet then too. But it’s BfA we are talking about.

The fact is, it’s Blizzard’s system that’s at fault.

In no way should the Alliance be dominating with 71% of the population and also getting the 25% warmode bonus. It’s shocking that they haven’t even attempted to fix this.

Pretty much, all Alliance on Argent Dawn and the whole RP realm are playing easy mode right now. It ruins the fun out of wpvp being constantly ganked. I don’t mind being a underdog, but at least give us the bonus to try and encourage to even the numbers.

You know how you fix it? Nobody should be able to phase in to any RP whatsoever. Set the bonus separate, easy fix.

2 Likes

But that’s why. RPers wanted their own bubble to play in, so they got that. But they’re still part of the same Warmode system as everyone else.

Blame the players not the system, poor response.

The WM bonus applies to the entire Region :slight_smile: cause thats what its scored off.

also how can you complain, this is my daily login when in WM - There are so many realms in these images which are not RP realms which I’m having to put up with, I don’t think blizzard’s WM explicit merging of just RP realms is doing anything even slightly.

https://imgur.com/sg6t8Qd Today’s Warmode phase of Rustbolt
https://imgur.com/a/FrdNndX Yesterday’s warmode phase of Rustbolt
https://imgur.com/a/70Tk6el Reset Days warmode phase of Rustbolt

And that’s dumb, it should be applied to the server.

It seems that Blizz just don’t care about the unjustified bonus because… yeah, they don’t care and probably don’t get enough criticism.

Stop crying and deal with it. Did you know you can always turn your “permanent” 10% warmode off :wink:

If you are crying about this you sure dont seem to have single idea how bad the situation is on other realms.

2 Likes

Just post from our Alliance main. You need not be afraid. Horde death squads can’t get you here.

2 Likes

I am dealing with it by making this thread. And you don’t have to post on your Horde alt, we already know what faction you’re playing.

The purpose of the Warmode bonus is to reward those in a bad situation for their PvP participation. The Alliance on RP realms is in a GREAT situation and should not get this bonus.

Deal with it.

1 Like

this seem very unfair too me tbh, how can Blizz ignore this?

1 Like