Artifacts on update to latest nvidia driver

Hi, I have a 3070TI and since upgrading to new driver and or patching to dragonflight im seeing gfx artifacts on textures in game. Would like to post an image as an example but no links allowed?

The same as this post! Textures in game keep corrupting!

Any ideas what could be going on here and how to fix? GPU temps are fine and dont see this in other games.

Thanks.

1 Like

If seen a report of that before it was at ogrimmar gate and the mountains looked bit like rainbows altho without rainbow colors instead some random colors.

Can you try clear shader cache before starting game or check if this does it on dx11 as well

Just checking DX11 actually :slight_smile: thanks for info!

I also have an RTX 3070, not a TI though, and I am having this issue.

After reading this thread, as it was linked to my own, I tried the shader suggestion.

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Reinstalled my drivers after but that also didn’t correct the issue.

I find it is unreproducable, it simply happens and can’t be gotten rid of till a restart.

I have opened a ticket though. About the only thing I can say is that it is probably something to do with this gfx card model.

Same problem here with a RTX 3070. My gf which has an identical computer as mine has this issue too, so it’s not my specific GPU being broken.
The temperatures are fine as well.

Pretty clear it’s an issue with the RTX 3070 at this point which means a fix is going to be brutally difficult as it could be an issue with either NVIDIA or WoW.

It’s almost certainly WoW as the issue only occurs on WoW, but the possibility it could be NVIDIA will complicate matters I imagine.

Its defiantly wow all these issues existed before as well least some of them, wow has a history of graphic bugs that are usually caused by game.

Same thing on my RTX2080. Corrupted textures. Makes me wonder if they test before fixing.

There been issues least since BFA it never really got fixed just a bandaid, probably not easy to fix.

Hello everyone,

There isn’t any known issue on our side so far but if it started after a drivers update, it’s most likely an issue with them. You can do a rollback / install a previous version. To be safe, you can uninstall them using the DDU program.

It’s not started after a driver update, it has been going on for months. Eyati says it has been happening since BFA, and it only started happening to me after I upgraded to my RTX 3070 nearly a year ago. It’s just that I am playing quite a bit more WoW now with the new expansion and it is far more annoying as a result.

World of Warcraft is also the only game that is suffering from these issues, and everyone who has the issue tells the same story that WoW is the only game affected.

1 Like

2070 here having the same problem even tried three drivers but to no avail

My driver version is 516.24, quite old. I’ll do an update today and see if it fixes it. This problem started for me only after Dragonflight expansion.

sam issue on my gtx 1650 super. i know the gpu is not broken since i have other games that run fine with no issue.

A message in my original thread, linked to in the OP, helped me identity the cause.

It is Direct X 12. Reverting to Direct X 11 has resolved the issue it seems.

This is A solution, but not the best solution as I would much prefer to be using Direct X 12. Direct X 12 is not working well with World of Warcraft when using some Nvidia graphics cards.

I will employ this stopgap for the time being, but I hope the issue can be resolved in due course.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.