Textures in game keep corrupting!

I’ve had an issue for a few months now. I was playing the game less due to it being end of expansion, but with Dragonflight launching I am encountering this more and more. The textures in my game keep corrupting, shadows turning to black slats, grass turning to white rectangular squares and other textures turning all the colours of the rainbow, chunks of UI elements missing under black squares.

Only exiting the game and logging back in fixes the issue

Here’s an example

I’ve tried scanning and repairing the game and it has failed, and I even did a reinstall yesterday in the hopes it would resolve the issue but it hasn’t.

Help!

2 Likes

i am experiencing th esame issue. i tried diabling all my addons and i did a scan and repair. since im out of options i will try to completely reinstall the game.

Please let me know how it goes.

forgot to do the reinstall thing, but did read about someone who suggested to change from directx 12 to 11 or even 11 legacy. switched to directx 11 and it seems like the problem is fixed. u can find it in the graphical options.
no clue about what is causing the issue.

1 Like

will give this a try and see if it works.

This has worked. I have been playing for several hours this morning without any sign of the graphical corruption. Normally it takes just a few minutes for the artifacts to begin appearing.

Still, I would prefer whatever issue is causing Direct X12 to generate these issues when using an NVIDIA RTX graphics card to be resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.