As boring as expected

Yeah the thing I hate about Mario kart is the lack of buttons to press

21 Likes

I had more progression on my classic character from lvl 1 to 10 than from 1 to 120 endgame in bfa. Just go back and play bfa endgame while standing afk in cities waiting for your timers.

36 Likes

Let’s see bfa outside of raid/m+ niche; Pull 500 mobs, spam your aoe ability (maybe one key), no need to worry about mana or hp, collect loot. Epics showered at you, no need to move to dungeons, just press button and idle in town or do world quests that reward f’k all.

22 Likes

Retail doesn’t have the awesome class quests either :smiley: I like having to earn my forms!

4 Likes

If you only press 2 buttons leveling to 40 in Classic, its not Classics fault my guy, ur just a scrub XD

44 Likes

Do you play a warrior? :smiley:

On a side note, I also “play” Classic pressing three buttons right now: F5 to refresh the EU forums, and then alt + tab to check on my position in the queue. What a thrilling gameplay!

15 Likes

Also nice troll post btw

5 Likes

For once I don’t feel like punching the questgivers in the face when they ask me to fetch 15 bear danglers. I’m no longer the champion who has slain gods and saved timelines, I am a mere grunt again.

27 Likes

Because you will die if you do not press keys in Classic. Because you have to manage your mana for the NEXT mob, you have to think about which button to press. In BFA you don’t even need the 3 buttons, you can auto attack & win or afk for 5 minutes before a mob gets you to low HP. In BFA, only healers or Arcane Mages really use mana. Healing pre WOTLK requires multiples ranks of the same spell.

14 Likes

I think you have some LFR to do.

14 Likes

Classic is extremely archaic, NOT challenging whatsoever and yes mostly 3 buttons. BUT that’s not why people like Classic. Classic rewarded you very often with something new, be it a new spell, a new exciting class quest or an amazing piece of loot that felt rare and obtaining rewards took a lot more grind (Not necessarily skill). So yh in a nutshell, a very noob friendly game that somehow feels 10000000000000000000000000000000 times more rewarding than BFA, albeit very grind heavy.

9 Likes

Lock - 5 buttons at level 10

8 Likes

Well, still no reasons given there.

That’s pretty much the only that looks like it,
well, it’s pretty much the same in Classic, except you pull 1 mob instead of 500, which doesn’t make any change to me.

Yet in retail, there is a huge spell countering/management with heavy ressource management depending of the class you play (yeah yeah, outlaw rogue and his dices, for example) which purely doesn’t exist in classic. I’m mostly talking about pvp there.

I’ll also add that there is actually strats, when talking about raids, another thing that doesn’t exist in Classic.

Since I’m on the classic forum I’ll make a little disclaimer :
I don’t care if you like classic for other reason, or even just if you like it. Here, I’m purely talking about the fight “Difficulty of gameplay Classic vs Retail”
You can enjoy classic for other reasons, I’m perfectly fine with that

4 Likes

I think it’s EXCELLENT that retail tourists are finding out that Classic is not their cup of tea whether due to the monotonous questing system or simple lack of skill required back in the day. Free up those queues and let us enjoy it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Classic is seriously more immersive. You have to run everywhere, You have to read the quest text to get an idea where to go next. You have to co-operate with other players to take down elites and rares.

Gold isn’t dropping from the sky, you have to manage your funds to progress your chars and profs.

And there are lots of people running around you all the time doing the same.

There is no auto LFG que, there is no stupid gear score or timed runs.

I love the hell out of it.

You have multiple choice options for talents instead of bland “here is 3 pick the best everyone else takes” crap.

But of course each to their own, if you don’t like it, go play BFA.

17 Likes

I am looking forward to feeling that rush when a decent item drops :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry, I already played in Classic on private servers ages ago, I wasn’t hyped from it, because I already knew I expected, and this thread is not at all concerning that in any way.

Here again, read again the first point of this topic before posting please. It’s not a fight classic vs retail.

3 Likes

I got a level 10 shaman and more spells then my level 120 shaman.
Thats says a lot.

9 Likes

I think retail is A LOT more noob friendly then classic

10 Likes

You’re playing your sham with 5 spells ? I don’t think you actually got how to play your class in retail, then.

So, no one will answer my question, then ?

7 Likes