Asking to nerf ret is stupid

Hello there.

Recently, it seems like more and more people are complaining about ret paladin DPS, to which I say : it’s completely stupid.

Let me elaborate on this statement.

First, every PvP nerf affects PvE performances, therefore, asking to nerf a spec that does not perform well in PvE means you want this spec dead in PVE.
On the other hand, this spec has been garbage for expansions, here is the proof :

Ret paladin is officially the worst spec in the game since WOD, so this is the reason why nobody wants to recruit ret paladins, which is a fair argument. I mean, who in his right mind would want to recruit an underperforming spec instead of a rock solid spec ?

But what is unfair is that it seems the community does not want ret to perform and on the same time, the community rejects ret paladin a lot because of those bad performances.

Not to mention that most of S-Tier classes like mage, lock and rogues do not receive the amount of salt, ie nobody openly ask Blizzard to nerf them.

In conclusion, here is I am saying is : if you complain about a F-tier spec, then you should also be complaining about those S-tier classes. If you only complain about those F-tier specs then you should play them since they are “strong”

Discuss.

10 Likes

It’s fine… /s

Although, it seems Blizz doesn’t shy away from hotfixing ret nerfs in PVP only, but leaves other obvious outliers alone.

Also, yes, ret ST dps is trash tier now.

P.S. Blizzard balancing the covenants/soulbinds turned out really well. /s /s /s /s /s
P.P.S. I like how both ret throughput conduits are bugged (bad side of bugged)… really nice how there is no fix for them. :confused:

Just apply PvP aura like they did for years,

So they can nerf it for PvP and PvE remain untouched , everyone happy.

3 Likes

Ret is such a bummer spec to balance.
It’s neither dps or healer but support which doesn’t have any place among the ordinary roles (tank,dps,healer)

It can heal, dps and tank but in pve it only has one function which is dps.
If it doesn’t have high dps it won’t be in any raids/mythic groups.
But high dps makes it really powerful in solo pve and pvp where you benefit from having tanking and healer capabilites as a dps.

So you can either have it balanced in pve and op in pvp.
Or bad in pve and balanced in pvp.

Tongue in cheek Solutions:

Remove healing/support/defensive stuff. Make it a sparkling Arms Warrior.

Switch it’s role to tank or healer. Buff its defensive/healing capability.

Tune its stats seperatly in pve from pvp (The only way to keep like it is and have it balanced in all content)

4 Likes

They already did that to the burst talents, even to the new one. :))

Or they can buff pve and nerf it in pvp with the pvp aura as always?
But they don’t even do that.

1 Like

Oh look a ret defending ret… You will be nerfed to the ground next week i can assure you. We are out of control the damage is just pathetic! We need huge nerfs now!

I am not sure about that, BfA 8.3 Destro lock was the most disgusting class of whole WoW history, the same thing can be applied to Fire mages.

Rogues have always been a complaint reason because they have always been rewarded easily because their ability kit whether it is PvE or PvP. In 8.1 they got invited to groups for both Shroud and high dps, utility and dps 2in1.

Asmongold and his buddy talked about ret and summarized it perfectly. Ret should not get nerfed.

1 Like

He will play arena for limited rewards with McConnell :smirk: McConnell is paladin otp

“Ability X adjusted by Y…when used against an enemy player”, “when engaged in PvP combat” etc etc

This statement is shortsighted, if not plain incorrect. Your whole post is based on it so uhm that’s a bunch of meaningless paragraphs.

Paladins are quite broken atm.

1 Like

give over kid you are getting massive nerfs inc i promise you.

I think that Frost DK is officially the worst spec in the game

1 Like

what nah you got your awesome two hander sword so you can pretend your arthas now that fixes all the problems your spec has

also you should be used to ret nerfs the community has the IQ of a rock

From what I can tell it just seems like PvP players are crying about classes being OP and to nerf them, which will make them bad in PvE, and screw over players who actually play the game instead of the PvP minigame attached to it.

5 Likes

Blizzard dont like Dk’s , just look how garbage they are FRost It’s a joke in PVP and it does way less damage in PVE

1 Like

Ye that’s the problem.
Blizzard don’t do that anymore because “reasons”

Posts like this are more likely to help cause a nerf than prevent one.

https://imgur.com/a/lLxr1mm

Someone explain to me how that is balanced.

They need a nerf to both damage and healing in PvP.