Asking to nerf ret is stupid

Ret was bad 3 expansions ago, therefore don’t nerf it now.

What amazing logic.

1 Like

The problem with blizzard is not that they shouldnt nerf, they have no idea how to nerf, it’s ok to nerf a class, but they seem to have the habit to make the class feel unapealling, they destroy the core of it, they either go to far or they boost it to much, unlike gw 2 and ff 14 where they dont nerf classes they just balance the worst ones to be competitive with top ones, in wow they nerf 1 badly then they boost another and next patch or next expansions it just switches, paladins feel ok right now, i am not lvl 60 or i aint raiding at the moment so i cannot comment, but its scary to choose a class to play, my main use to be dk, i still enjoy it, but compared to paladin its defenetely lacking in dmg and survival, i just wish they would balance things properly, but blizz unfortunately is ran by potatoes…

Great. You elaborate and immediately say something wrong. Guess what that does to the initial statement?

We have 2 rets. Meh?

Honestly, people play the spec they like, and if their skill can carry them, I don’t care whatever the heck they play, beyond obvious composition requirements.

I would characterise rets as consistently slightly below average. They are not the worst spec in the game, and they are not the best either. Looking at “how much time spent being OP” doesn’t really say much when the reality is slightly below average.

Survival Hunters and Enhancement shamans have FAR bigger problems than Ret Palas.

1 Like

i dont like it when players ask for nerfs. they always do it because they dont like a specific class and will never request a nerf for their class.

these sheets are no good because they are reflecting pure damage. but blizzard is looking at classes/spec with different ‘jobs’.
if you look at output damage from a purely numeric specific, we dont need 10 classes. we only need 3. tank, healer and dps. but we dont have 3 classes. we have more.
casters and normal dps is not the same. healer and support is not the same. tanks of different classes are not the same.

Buff their damage but nerf their excessive defensive CD’s which makes fighting them so infuriating.

so you want to change what a paladin is ?
and they dont have excessive defensive CD.

2 Likes

Sorry, they don’t have excessive defensives, they have excessive immunities, my mistake.

immunity… big deal. just dont engage.
the real problems i have are with hunters. long range while running and shooting plus 3 pets is ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s slightly offtopic, but it’s important to the creator of the spreadsheet (Babylonius) has a vested interest in trying to ensure certain classes get buffed, while trying to paint others in a negative light, as WW becoming stronger (and therefore more popular) would directly increase the traffic to his websites and therefore his income.

It’s just something to bear in mind.

Now a little more on topic, history should have no impact on today’s balance. If we’re considering history, then it’s about time Paladin was completely gutted because Holy has been such a dominant Healer since vanilla.

We can attribute a lot of “bad being bad” to raid design being melee unfriendly - there should be more mechanics that require melee users to do them. Let’s face it, Ret Paladin’s problem is not anything but that they’re melee, because they have bags of utility.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much, you can’t take direct fights with Ret unless you outnumber them.

And if you want to disengage, good luck, 6 sec stun, 70% slow, slow immunity, 120% speed buff that can’t be slowed…

Paladins have bloated kits in PvP, i don’t feel empathy for them being bottom DPS in PvE.

i never felt all of the horrors you just described.
i think you meant a rogue.

1 Like

does it matter A: blizzard don’t read this forum and B: ret always gets nerfed because of brain dead pvpers

1 Like

Nice little chart. Let me make my own where “Dh only, melee only” “declined” reality vs “warlock and mage being fotm” lol

1 Like

Sub, WW, Ret, MM

They all need a nerf.

ww need a buff !!!

Hey gobby, you’re doomed to the scrap heap again for your outspoken opinions.

Yeh you MOSTLY.

Me what?

1. Ret sacrifices damage to heal. (Yes, you can use flash of light, just like druid uses regrowth or sp or shammy or any class with a healer spec.)

2. Ret utility is bad. You have a cleanse just like every hybrid spec and then you have bop and freedom. Freedom is useless in most pve content and bop is not more powerful than an antimagic zone or than darkness. (Remember bop has 5mins cd and antimagic zone has 2mins)
    You can also count Lay on hands in pve content if you want, but hes not “op” there.

Is that utility good in pvp? Yes, it is, but its nothing impressive.
Why do you think melee cleaves comps don’t include ret? If ret were played because of utility, he would always be there.

1. Ret only has 3 defensives and one of them is bop. In pvp they re not tankier than barely any melee spec.

2. Ret is played because of the burst in pvp. Remove burst and add sustained damage and there you go. An okay spec for every content.
    Just “okay”, yes.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ, I can only thank the gods blizzard doesn’t read the EU forums…