Asmongold is switching to FF14

This is starting to get worrisome with how many streamers are jumping ship, is this a sign that WoW is imploding? There’s no sign of 9.1 in sight. I think if Blizzard wants to retain their players they need to step up their efforts, they’ve gotten into this mode where they think they can stay top dogs forever with minimal effort.

31 Likes

All of that silly WoW vs FFXIV discussion is momentary and will end on September 23.

Like ants before a God.

38 Likes

Poor FF players :rofl: :joy:

68 Likes

i literally called it a hour or so ago before this thread come up … streamers go where the money is… and wow is just dead right now.

EDIT: i will say asmongold probably wont last too long in ff14… he doesnt have the mentality for it.

15 Likes

Good. WoW will be less annoying place because of his weasel fans who just afk and meme like a chorus of the apocalypse. Besides he plays on US Thrall. Either he plays or dies has zero impact on EU activities.

23 Likes

Pfff. I’ll be busy playing Life Is Strange 3 then.
Never touching any Diablo title ever again. I played D2 way too much for that.

As for Asmongold… Who cares.

4 Likes

more frequent content and bigger playerbase = switching makes their job easier and more profitable.

wow playerbase has always been helpfully sustained by it’s popularity among streamers, let’s see if this trend continues and if it will impact subs.

1 Like

Good. About time that parasite left.

I just feel sorry for the FF14 players.

No, I really do. Asmongold was nothing but a detrimental presence, who leeches money from his drones, who are comprised of some very unpleasant elements of society indeed.

Thank Goodness he will take them all to FF. Though I do feel some residual sorrow for them having to pick up the trash.

37 Likes

Do you suppose he’ll get his 'fan’base to start spitting (or whatever rude equivalent FF may have) on people who bought stuff from the FF store?

5 Likes

lol, the game was at it’s peak BEFORE streamers.

If only we could get rid of streamers with a course of antibiotics.

14 Likes

He will go back to world of warcraft. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

strangely i have to say i agree with you on this one…

blizzard have overplayed the remakes… i wont be playing diablo 2 either.

4 Likes

If Asmongold only cared about money, he wouldn’t stream MMORPGs in the first place. I think people are reading too much into this, he tries a lot of games out now and again and people always cry about him needing to play it one day. I think Bellular making the switch is a lot more meaningful because he is more reliant on WoW actually having content while Asmon’s stream is basically a podcast with WoW played in the background.

Regardless I do agree that I don’t think he will like it. I don’t think he enjoys stories in games and going through a 100-150 single-player capmaign is gonna burn him out.

5 Likes

i doubt they all will follow him if anything he will probably lose some followers because of the move… and will realise the mistake and come back.

1 Like

We’ll see some random “Hey Guys! What’s going on with all the Cat Ears!! This is Weird! I need to Stream this!” and then “Let’s get a huge amount of people, find an RP event in an MMORPG and then…wait for it…-CRASH IT!- Because that will be so cool right? You’ll all pay to watch me do that, right, remember the pay bit, thats important to me”

I really hope FF14 keep him, but as I say, I do feel sorry for them. Streamers have just been a detrimental source of misinformation for years now, and the sooner we are rid of them, and their drones, the better.

12 Likes

Yes, it is worrisome when one of the best people are leaving.

Everyone should.

4 Likes

Dicmonsilver, like Flatearth, only ever speaks truth. It is known.

4 Likes

dw the ff14 fanbase wont welcome him they already know who he is.

3 Likes

yes and when it stopped being at peak, streamers acted as a parachute, by making the game more visible, and providing new customers as a sort of free publicity.

1 Like

Awww why did you have to crush my dreams like that…can we set up a reverse barrier so he ping pong’s between the two games?

6 Likes