Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

tbh, it would be worth to have Blizzard disabling all AH addons for 48 hours and see if that makes a difference. I am sure all the users with such addons would understand that 2 days of no baiting/sniping benefits everyone … /s

Ironically using the BlizUI appears to be causing this - for all you people blaming addons :stuck_out_tongue:
If I put an item for sale using the BlizUI it doesn’t appear on my listings for up to an hour and then it has an expiry time of 119045 hours… but if I use an addon to post the item to the AH it appears straight away with an expire time of 12 hours.

If I cancel/buy an auction i placed using the BlizUI the item remains in the listings (causing anyone else who then tries to buy it to get “Item Not Found” BUT. If I buy an Item that I listed using the addon it disappears from the listings.

So it seems from my limiting testing that people not using addons is actually what is causing the issue :stuck_out_tongue: Ironic huh. I don’t know why this happens fyi, I assumed both methods would use the same api/system but I can reproduce this over n over, it’s deffo something to do with the BlizUI :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am using auctionator…and same 119304 hours thing happens…
Maybe you are using tsm if you get the real hours and everything.

What works though is buying not the cheapest but the second or third cheapest.

yeah blizzard history make that happen

Are you even working on it? Is there anything going on? I think you just stopped caring and figured once less people use the ah, it will fitx itself.

You are some devs, I swear. Where’s the pride in the systems you build? Where?

4 Likes

I have spent 20 minutes now trying to purchase 50x Handful of Obsidium Bolts. This is the state of the auction house even after they completely shut it down yesterday.

They never made a follow up post after the AH being down for 12h. They don’t work on it anymore. It’s Saturday, they went home. It’s ap roblem that’s very old, they never fixed it. They won’t. They just wait until the people go down.

Basically Blizz dont want to upset the thousands of AH scammers who make a living selling the gold they cheat impatient players out of. Thats all it is

Is this the result of a chatgpt prompt “make it look like I hit my head hard!”?

This auction house lag is seriously intolerable. I love to buy cheap transmog items on the AH, but for the love of everything, I’m sick of being told “This item cannot be found,” and yet they’re still coming up in search even after a refresh. It isn’t removing items already purchased.

What addon are you using for auction house then? Please share.

Hey dont know if any of you can help me but i try… so i cant use the addon or wow acution house since monday night. it just says searching or scanning or your doing it to fast… when i try to post items it doesnt even show in the Tsm box just (scanning ) same with wow UI (Seacrhing for items) tried other addon Auctinator same issue there items dont show in box or cant be found in wow UI., posted 5 tickets to blizzard about it. but only get from them this. We have received several reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

lol, good one. I meant population.

Anyway, maybe they should hire a therapist for the AH

There are a lot of assumptions and ‘expert’ opinions being shared about what Blizzard is doing and the reasons behind the poor performance. These speculations aren’t helpful, especially since most of us don’t really know what’s causing the issues.

Blizzard has made a post saying they are working on it. It’s frustrating that it’s taking time, but what’s even more frustrating is having to sift through all the silly commentary here.

Please stop.

Implement ten requests per minute cap. That will break addons.

Addons can only search based on the api speed dude. If it takes u 30 seconds to search for something manually, it takes 30 seconds to do it with an addon too there’s no difference. Capping the requests will solve it though, since the 10’s of thousands of people searching the AH would all be slowed but… then, addons will be able to buy out quicker than you can do it would only hurt people not using addons.

Omg guys, did you know that the AH isn’t working? It’s true, I tried to buy an item and the AH NPC threw a rotten tomato at my face and told me to get my feline butt out of his fine establishment. Something about a “No Pets Policy”. How did he even know, my boyfriend wasn’t even there? :scream_cat:

I’m not saying this is the case but it’s entirely possible the lag is simply caused by the new expansion spike+everyone leveling their professions and filling the AH with mats. Plus because of how the AH backend is designed ofc.

You closed the AH for diagnosis and repair. The only thing that changed was that for a while there was a real sign that the AH was closed. After “opening” it again, it continues to not work as it did not work before.
This problem is really unbearable, you can’t trade items, some items disappear after listing, you lose time and money on all this.
Maybe it’s time to start banning bots, not blithely tolerate them because they pay you $$$ for the subscription greedy corporation. Because in a while you will have only bots left in this game.