Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

It definitely is. Happens every expansion. Now that reagents are region wide it’s exasperated the issue since there’s now 3-4-5 servers all trying to search the same stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

There should be something they can do? i havent been able to either buy or post anything on ah since last saturday. it just says (Scanning) or (searching) I tried on diffrent computers. diffrent internet suppliers… done the 12 steps on 2 computers but still same… What to do? there is no point contacting blizzard they just gives a link to 12 steps How to clean your PC… yesterday i sat for 9 hours to post 4 f… Bags…

I have heard this before…the Guild Bank’s missing-item issue has been known for over one and a half month now…nothing, nada, nappes. Not holding my breath for this one, this isn’t even a new issue.

3 Likes

Standard IT response :stuck_out_tongue: After u cleaned your pc did u turn it off and on again? :smiley: It’s not you it’s the server. There are just too many requests being sent… essentially there are so many people trying to use it that it’s causing a DDOS type effect :stuck_out_tongue: For Dragonflight i think this lasted 7-8 days. Maybe this could be used as a metric on popularity lol… the longer the AH is borked the more popular the expansion is? lol

1 Like

This mostly due to bots and some tsm goblin.

Last time this happen in DF i just bought a new pc… sent them a copy of the receipt and asked… this is a brand new pc with a brand new copy of Dragonflight 0 addons installed… i got a replay saying we are looking in to it… Sent a new ticket this morning asking about Ah and i got this back! We have received several reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve They just copied it straight from the Forums like wtf!

Ya it’s not you mate. In fact, anytime someone tells you to clean files, defrag your hard drive or basically do anything on your computer to fix something, it’s always 99.9% nonsense unless it’s something happening in windows and games at the same time (then it’s probably your end)

1 Like

mind your own business pls, there is nothing wrong with speculation and being an apologist doesnt help matters either

1 Like

They should ban TSM and make AH realm wide, problem will be solved

Suggestion:
As long as the problem persists, set a maximum undercut %.
For example, if a material is 100g maximum 5% undercut therefore 95g.
With this filter system you avoid bots that post x1 materials at ridiculous prices.

Or remove region wide from the trading goods it no longer makes sense with the warbank for real players.
It only favors auction house bots in these situations.

1 Like

Nearly every AH addon has an option to scan the AH and then will save the data for each item they’ve scanned at that point.

I’d rather have a more empty more expensive AH than one that doesn’t work. You don’t need a tool as powerful as TSM to post pets and claiming you do is quite ridiculous.

Or you know, bots keep the prices lower because they farm a billion times more than a regular player does and tools such as TSM sniper that permanently scan the entire auction house need banning.

Ideally obviously both get banned, but bots earn Blizzard too much money and TSM sniper gets used by too many people who have enabled an auto clicker to try and profit off of other peoples mistakes.

I understand you really don’t wanna admit that the tool you’re using is being misused by a ton of people and therefor leads to trouble, but if a tool consistently gets used to ruin things, maybe it’s time to ban that tool, even though it’s clearly not the tools fault?

I wonder if there’s a parallel to some real world examples…

2 Likes

TSM is not the problem.

Seriously

Exactly. Shows perfectly what kind of childish community WoW has sometimes.

“WAAAH! FIX IT!”

“WAAAH! DON’T TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME IN BROKEN STATE!”

God…

2 Likes

I think the problem might be that they closed the auction house for 12 hours and still didn’t fix it, and then they closed it again but only for a few minutes, still not fixed, I kinda agree with you but people also have a valid point

Then please bring your mastery of c++ and database programming and show them how it’s done

Some players are just more realistic, things go wrong takes time to fix them.

Most people wouldn’t defend something just for the sake of defending it.

This isn’t how it works. If the AH was working perfectly normal then yes it would scan it constantly, but with this lag, it simply cannot. The time it takes tsm to scan the ah, is the same time it takes you me or anyone else to click the search button over and over and since u can’t search while it’s searching its under the same constraints as just pushing the search button. In normal working order, addons have the advantage. As it is now, they simply can’t function properly.

I don’t think it would be that hard to cap undercutting, for example if something is selling for 30g make it impossible to post it for 10-15g (that’s what bots do) and see how it goes, I don’t think you have to be a genius to try some stuff and see if it helps, the problem is they did nothing for like 5-6 days…

But undercutting happens without bots, I do it all the time to offload things I don’t need, it’s called “free market”

yea you obviously don’t look at what’s happening with ores and herbs, god knows how many bots are doing this every second 24/7… like just try it see if it helps, better than doing nothing