Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

It’s rate limited.

Where is our update Blizzard? It’s not that hard to write something.

Great AH design, even greater decision to make mats region wide in DF making the situation now worse than it would have been if they were server only still.

Why’d you even do that? To help people on dead servers with AH mat prices?

Then why didn’t you open free transfer away from dead realms (instead of usual to them)
then if they don’t take it then it’s their own problem.

Or just combine AH of dead servers, and leave medium/high/full alone without connection.

Now it’s too late and connected maybe you should modernise the AH features and also ban AH addons while at it.

• Allow to buy higher priced mats at any price we want, skipping cheaper ones.
  • Allow buy orders and let us set a price we’d pay.
  • Put measures in place to stop reselling, like a long timer that prevents relisting items that were just bought. Players who buy a stack of stuff and have few spare can just list after 24/48hr timer expires.
  • Ban all AH addons, no exceptions.
1 Like

They won’t fix it. They investigated a problem that existed for months for a whole week. It’s an inheret design flaw.

They mad 1 post, after 7 days. lol. omegaluuul.

So, i guess we have no updates on the situation.

The AH has actually gotten worse since you made this post… even after 10+ hours of AH downtime.

1 Like

“The Item was not found”

I am so enjoying seeing this message for everything I want to buy. And the exact same items never being removed from the auction and so filled with old, expired or sold listings…

1 Like

It is not, because most of the TSM defenders think that they can’t live without it or can’t make gold. It is not bragging, btw. It is no brainer, believe me

Yes, it is a scale issue and how the AH is designed that you are forced to buy the cheapest item from the listing (competing with others who wants to buy the same item too).

For example weavercloth - right now there is around 2 000 000 available on the EU AH.
Lets assume that only half of it is sold daily, so every second it sold 11qt (even considering that its selling the same in the evening and like 5am, which in reality is not true).
So each second many players tries to buy this 11qt with the lowest price on only 1 can success, where rest gets “This item is no longer available” (where actually are 2mln on the AH).
Its even worse where the cheapest option for the item is in a low qt, because it doesn’t matter if someone whats to buy 10k of weavercloth or 1, they both are competing for this 1 cloth listed for 1s

Here is a suggestion on how to solve this .
1: Block TSM and all addon scripts that interact with the AH
2: Block adding new auctions for a minimum of 48 hours , so the AH empties naturally , or simply shutdown the AH , so it empties . Straight restart I suspect might return items to people that were sold , or items go missing , hence why waiting to expire . The whole idea is to clear all corrupted data .
3: Apply any fixes or performance increases you might have in mind and start the ah .

Frankly I think the problem is bad performance due to to many auctions .
Too many auctions , because a lot of bots using scripts to spam the Ah at launch .
The AH of course is connected to all servers so tons of bots there .
This created Ghost Auctions , which now prevent buyout and cause even more lag .
I think they tried to solve it at first , buy doing the " You are doing this too fast" check to make sure people don’t spam post , but this only resulted in people just spam clicking the post button for the same one auction , even if they are not bots .

Doesn’t count as misinformation when it’s true…
Here are some examples of people that back up what I said

Then explain how you know that you got there immediately. The only way you can know for certain is if you were checking consistently

oh sorry, then we have different situations, I am wrong here

I don’t need to explain myself how I was there to see Ah open lmao but here you go
Woke up at 6:30, went to work, came back home at 14:25, had a lunch, took a shower, came to PC a little before 15:00, AH was still closed, was chatting in trade chat for a bit and checking every few minutes if it’s gonna open, AH opened within 5 minutes of me being there

Dear blizzard, the AH is a fundamental structure to the game. In order for me to be competitive in an MMO I need to buy stuff, will you be so kind as to fix your sh*t so that me, a paying customer, can actually play the game. Anything else is unacceptable and a scam at this point. I pay for a service you provide that service.

On a side note. If using a script to automate fishing is a bannable offense, then how come TSM is allowed to function?

4 Likes

I don’t know what’s wrong but I spend a lot of gold yesterday buying enchanting mats rank 3 and making rank 3 enchants, put them all on AH, this morning when I came back they we’re all gone from the auction house and nothing in my mail either, what’s going on?

Unless I’m missing something, you kind of contradicted yourself there, and have now agreed with my initial hypothesis…

The communication was not found

3 Likes

What likely happened is a visual bug. Your auctions are still there but remain unsold. Unless they do sell you’ll have to wait for action to expire and return in your mailbox

putting the words in my mouth for the third time, I was literally there for 5-10 minutes, I knew exactly when it opened because it stopped saying that it’s closed, when I clicked on auctioneer nothing happened, just his model animation, so I tried backing off and clicked again and the AH opened after 5 seconds, you were saying that I was there for ages spam clicking auctioneers, where am I contradicting myself?

My god, imagine being obssesed with how I found that AH opened when it opened and what was I doing before that jesus christ, if you want to know anything else about my life DM me

1 Like

Ban all bots!! many players report bots. CHECK AH of BB/SHATTRATH/old dalaran! bots there 24/7

4 Likes

Ah okay, if it’s just that I’m fine with that, I just thought I lost all my stuff!

No I had this happen to me as well. AH is a laggy mess right now

its not, its the scammers

1 Like