Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

TSM got a lot of traction only recently (SL onwards) with sweaty gold maker YouTubers recommending the add-on left and right. Now everyone and their mother use it. It will only get worse and worse unless blizzard finally do something about it

2 Likes

It’s not really putting words in your mouth when you contradicted yourself.

The issue is that you claim to have been there “the moment it opened” and you suggest that that means there must be something else at play beyond just the amount of people logging in
But then you fall apart and admit that you weren’t there the moment it opened and that instead you just know it was within a 5 minute window. So your entire point is now meaningless because you made something up to begin with

can’t read, never said that, 4th time you are putting words in my mouth, anyway pointless conversation, everyone knows it’s not just the amount of people, hopefully they fix it soon, peace for now

another idea on how to fix AH:

For buyers:
You buy at the average price of available items on sale, you only see one price and buy at that.
For sellers:
You list at whatever price you want, but the cheaper the faster you sell, the more expensive the slower or not at all. You don’t see how others have listed, you only see the average price of all items available to sell.
After sell you get the amount you have listed (minus AH commission).

Under the hood, it works similarly to how it works now, except that buyers don’t compete for that 1 item listed the lowest, they just buy at a fixed price, and the price difference is kept or covered by AH. Of course, there would have to be some safeguards, like ignoring in the price calculation this 1% of items listed heavily overpriced like 99999999g

Something similar to how it is now with WoW token.

The issue at its core is the sheer number of API requests being made to the DB by scripts contained within TSM, Auctionator, bots etc.

They need to be banned. If people used the AH as people without the use of these addons and their hidden scripts, I would bet we would have a far smoother functioning AH with almost no existing corrupted data.

They only other improvement to be made then is for the default AH on blizzards end to not simply return item not found but to earmark the next cheapest purchase option for Qty and offer it to the user for a short period which should smooth that out.

2 Likes

Sigh. You have no reading comprehension, therefor sorry. Addons can’t automate anything, hardware macros, autoclickers and similar in combination with TSM sniper definitely can, which you even acknowledge in your next paragraph, but for some reason you attempt to make an argument out of

“They can’t do what you’re claiming that they can”

and then continue arguing again, that they in fact can do what I’m claiming they can?

I don’t understand if you’re trying to create a world record of most numbers of self-contradictions in a singular forum post, but you’re going strong.

And now you’re pulling things you don’t know, can’t know and won’t ever know out of your butt for arguments sake, which is again, not a good look friend.

But here’s the issue: What wasn’t around before was a region wide auction house in combination with Sniper Addons during an expansion release.

Of course TSM on its own didn’t create issues in the past 10 years.
Of course other Sniper addons on its own didn’t create issues in the past 10 years.
Of course the region wide auction house didn’t create any issues in the past 6 months.

But the combination of
A: Sniper Addons
B: Region wide AH
and
C: A new expansion launch
is too much.

Now looking at these 3 things, there’s only one option to remove from the equation and that is neither the expansion launch nor the region wide auction house.

This precisely.

Let’s hope they understand your explanation.

Not just TSM.

All addons shall be banned.

1 Like

Little update on that matter, I actually got my items back, they were not sold and went into the nether I guess, however after the posting duration expired I got the back. Nothing was lost I assume.

Go TSM forum and you can see some people scan all recipes , all mogs , all pets , all gears with just one click. With scripts TSM can do automated things that you cannot do manually. Actually you can but not with just one click. Why would Blizz lets an addon have a toxic feature like “Sniping” in their features is beyond me tbh.

7 Likes

Same here sold for around 2 millions 5 days ago so far I have only gotten 500k back in total and everything sold fast. I think those gold are gone and its not safe to use AH.

I am new to the game and im having major issues with the auction house not working at all and this is severely limiting my ability to play due to not been able to buy things like bags and regents. So much so that i spent 1 hour trying to buy the same bag of the auction house. This needs to be fixed sharp its such a integral part of the game especially for new people. Just think how many people have logged on for the first time tried to buy something and just not able to so just dont bother playing on. Hurry because im sick of struggling with 6 slot bags :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Try asking in trade if some1 can craft some bags for you. u might get some help

2 Likes

What annoys the most is that it’s clear there is a way to skip all that auction lag thru some dirty tricks, because goods on auction moving back and forth in thousands, while I can’t even buy just one single reagent. Blizzard lost control over AH or they are doing these shenanigans (most likely rogue employee)

Make a lvl 1 character on a different realm, preferably a low population one and put gold into the warband bank, take the gold out on your lvl 1 character, buy everything you need from AH and put it in the warband bank and withdraw it on your main character.

3 Likes

ahh Truee not everyhing is region wide is it ?:smiley:

It’s been a week guys…Seriously this is sooo frustrating!

i tryed and they most people wanted the resources and the AH is broke ahahahaha

I havent even been able to search up things for over 2 hours now lmao it just keeps saying item doesnt exist or isnt found or w.e

At least there’s something we can agree on :saluting_face:

Can we finally get some news ???
Do you think it’s normal to having an AH not working through the week end when few people are literally blocking the AH due to their addons use ???
Should we not expect any additional feedback before Monday or I don’t know ??
Try at least to keep communicating just showing the players that investigation is going through or find a solution !!!

4 Likes