Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

I’ve been a dedicated World of Warcraft player for over a decade, and like many of you, I’ve been through the highs and lows of this game. We’ve seen expansions that soared and others that fell flat, but throughout it all, we stuck with Blizzard because we believed they cared about their players and the worlds they create. But now, as I sit here once again, watching the broken Auction House on EU servers choke the life out of my gameplay experience, I’m left wondering: where the hell is Blizzard’s dedication to fixing this godforsaken mess?

Let me be clear: the Auction House on EU servers has been completely DOWN for four days now. Not “buggy,” not “unreliable”—completely unusable. This isn’t a minor inconvenience. This is the heart of the in-game economy, a cornerstone of how we engage with the game, buy and sell items, and progress our characters. The Auction House is as essential to WoW as dungeons or raids, yet Blizzard treats it like it’s some throwaway feature they can just ignore when it breaks.

Four days. That’s how long it’s been since we’ve had a functional Auction House. And by “functional,” I mean it hasn’t been working AT ALL. This isn’t some rare, isolated bug that only a few players are experiencing. This is a widespread issue that’s affecting thousands of players across multiple EU servers. People can’t list items without them vanishing into the void. They can’t search for items without getting hit with endless loading screens or being booted out entirely. And when you do somehow manage to post or buy something, there’s a solid chance the transaction will be delayed, or worse, completely disappear without a trace. It’s like the Auction House has become some kind of cursed artifact that eats gold and items, leaving players with nothing but frustration.

So, what does Blizzard do in response to this disaster? Almost nothing! They’ve acknowledged the problem (barely) with the usual corporate non-apology: “We’re aware of the issues affecting the Auction House on EU servers and are investigating the problem.” Investigating? Really? It’s been four days! How much more investigating do they need to do? Are they trying to solve the mystery of who killed JFK at the same time? Because that’s the only way I can imagine this investigation taking so long.

Players have been submitting bug reports, posting on forums, tweeting at Blizzard, and pleading with GMs for answers, but what do we get in return? Silence. It’s like screaming into the void. The only consistent communication we get from Blizzard is about their microtransactions or the next pointless mount they’re adding to the store. They sure as hell aren’t silent when it comes to selling us something, are they?

And this isn’t the first time Blizzard has dropped the ball on EU servers. Remember the queue times at the start of Shadowlands? Remember the server instability during Legion? It’s like they’ve decided the EU player base is an afterthought, a second-class citizen in the World of Warcraft universe. The North American servers get immediate attention and hotfixes, while we in the EU are left to deal with the scraps. We’re paying the same subscription fees, we’re buying the same expansions, but we’re getting a fraction of the support. It’s a slap in the face to every loyal player who has stuck with this game through thick and thin.

Let’s talk about the impact this is having on the game. The broken Auction House isn’t just a minor annoyance; it’s a game-breaking issue for anyone who engages in the economy. Crafters can’t sell their goods, raiders can’t buy consumables, and collectors can’t hunt for that rare transmog piece they’ve been eyeing. This has ripple effects throughout the entire game. Guilds are struggling to prepare for raids because they can’t get the materials they need. New players are getting a horrible first impression as they try to gear up or make gold, only to find the entire system is busted. The economy is stagnating, and the only thing that’s thriving is player frustration.

And where’s Blizzard? Off in their ivory tower, apparently too busy to care. We know they have the resources to fix this. This is the company that built one of the most successful MMORPGs of all time, a game that once set the standard for the industry. But now? They can’t even keep their core systems functional. It’s embarrassing. It’s infuriating. And it’s unacceptable.

What’s even worse is the utter lack of transparency. If there’s a serious technical issue that’s preventing them from fixing the Auction House, then tell us! Give us some actual communication, not just the same tired line of “we’re investigating.” We’re not idiots—we understand that sometimes things are more complicated than they seem, but the least Blizzard could do is keep us in the loop. Instead, they’re treating us like children who can’t handle the truth, giving us the silent treatment while our game experience crumbles around us.

At this point, I’m starting to wonder if Blizzard even cares about the EU player base at all. Are we just a cash cow to them? A bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet that they can afford to ignore as long as the money keeps rolling in? Because that’s how it feels. It feels like we’re being taken for granted, like our loyalty means nothing to them. And for what? So they can focus on their next big esports event? So they can funnel more resources into whatever new project they’re hoping will distract us from the mess they’ve made of WoW?

Well, I’ve had enough. We’ve all had enough. It’s time for Blizzard to get their act together and fix this damn Auction House. Not next week, not next month—NOW. We’ve waited long enough. We’ve been patient, we’ve been understanding, but our patience has run out. Blizzard, you need to prioritize this issue, communicate with your player base, and show us that you actually give a damn about the people who are still playing your game. Because if you don’t, more and more of us are going to walk away, and at this rate, who could blame us?

To all my fellow EU players: keep making noise. Keep posting on the forums, keep sending those tweets, keep submitting those bug reports. Don’t let Blizzard sweep this under the rug. They need to understand that we won’t be ignored, that we won’t just sit back and accept this level of neglect. It’s time for Blizzard to do better. It’s time for them to show us the respect we deserve as paying customers and loyal fans.

Fix the Auction House, Blizzard. Fix it now, or you’ll lose the trust of a community that has stood by you for years. And once that trust is gone, it’s not coming back.

~sponsored by chatGPT cause im lazy like that

52 Likes

There is no AH lag on NA servers?

1 Like

Botters were already actively using them for the past 3 expansions as well. But it wasn’t really causing a mess in performance since each realm had its own auction house. Now that it’s all combined, you got a massive amount of players (literally all of EU) using the same auction house, that’s when we’ve started to see the issues. Obviously it’s a lot of factors at once and not just one. But the long boi being in the game is definitely one of the factors that makes this easier to happen, even if that specifically isn’t necessarily a new addition or change.

1 Like

They’re also having the same problems.

1 Like

Any update?

Love your post -
Blizzard Silence really pisses me off - should have been a top priority and been posted on multiple forums what they are doing to fix the problems - If cross server AH is the problem then DISABLE it

State of the Retail WoW is beyond embarrasing

13 Likes

I am not a coder, I have been playing WOW for more decades than I want to admit as well as other well known MMO’s that suffer the same churn rate of development staff.

This has all happened before, it will all happen again.

i wouldn’t expect a update before monday tbh. They have just left us out to dry over the weekend.

For the people that wanna hear from the devs what there doing to try and solve this joke have to realize that its a weekend now. The devs put the auction house down for 10 hours of maintenance and in that time period probably realized that there was nothing to do. After that they put the garbage live again and went home over the weekend.

the solution that we are gonna get is the start of Season 1… So just hang in there for another 2 weeks and this will be solved :slight_smile:

Makes me wonder what the point was in reworking the whole auction house throughout all of dragonflight to essentially achieve the really terrible lag that existed only on the mega server can now be endure by the whole community instead :slight_smile:

is it so hard to ban ah addons? like tsm?? i just need to bus 4 bags!!! and its impossible.

That’s what I’m saying!
How many times have there been game breaking exploits or bugs that were fixed literally the very first hour of the problem.

But the Auction House Raid Boss is something that can’t be fixed?! For days now?
No Server shut-down? No nothing?

1 Like

The issues is with those people buying stuff for 1k and then relisting it for like 10k ! I really hate those people from the bottom of my soul.

The problem is not addons nor scammers. The ‘problem’ is too much buyers at the same time.
I’ve been skinning today and putting the hides at the lowest ‘normal’ price. They are sold immediately.

Too much buyers, too little supply.

How about you just ban auction how addons for a month until things settle

1 Like

The issue is that the AH backend sucks. Being slow is one thing but if it were properly designed it wouldn’t error out.
This isn’t the first time it happened, and since the problem will go away once the traffic slows down, there’s a chance blizz will either apply a band aid or wait it out, so people being mad isn’t surprising.

The problem is rewriting it properly would take months, and this isn’t the time to do that, so band-aids are the best we can hope for. But then the temporary fixes become permanent and that’s how you make spaghetti.

Again you are not understanding that the add ons are NOT the problem.

Your bandwagon has lost it’s wheels, grow up and stop being an NPC

It is not the add ons.

It is not the add ons.

It is not the add ons.

But please continue to whine about the add ons, it makes us laugh.

How do you know what it is and what it isn’t?

It’s all just speculation at the moment.

It is addons and region wide AH. it is both

1 Like

It’s mostly the addons.

Constant full AH scan, quick buyouts, posting, cancelling, reposting and so on.
With that many people using TSM it’s almost like DDOSing the AH.

Another thing are region-wide AH which cause problem cause by… oh look, TSM!
Buying millions of old mats and constant reposting for much higher price.

Anyone that thinks it’s not the addons is simply delusional.

1 Like