Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

Is that why prices are constantly dropping?

Which ones?

Pretty much every material.

x dot com /FwoiblesWoW/status/1829977337397723443
imgur dot com /a/pfW6HRt (screenshot from the tweet, sry cant’ figure out how I post an image)

OCR:

Tom Ellis
@FwoiblesWoW

So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20–60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.

10:19 PM · Aug 31, 2024 · 1,117 Views

Edit: I was told this is a known wow dev - I don’t use social media so no idea. If someone can confirm, would be nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean crafted ones? Yes, ofc that’s because more and more crafters leveled.

I don’t see prices of herbs, hides, minerals and so drop.

That my friend, are some true word. Im realy pissed at the moment. Its the biggest economical impact for world of warcraft every two years and i can sell or buy NOTHING. my auctions are full with 49k hours left items and i can cancel s*it. It is super frustrating right now. Cant even go m+ or something…

2 Likes

The price on alot of items is dropping because sold auctions remains on AH listings, so people are undercutting auctions that doesn’t really exist. making it so the price can only go down, and not up.

1 Like

I was trying to buy some socket itens for a ILV 467 TW necklace on my BE Warrior. I couldn’t.
No matter how many times I’ve tried. I couldn’t purchase the items to add 3 sockets to the necklace.
I guess I’ll have to get used to play without the AH :frowning_face:

Cheers.

Mr Fwoibles is indeed a senior dev and occassionally posts interesting things like this.

I expect they’re going to quickfix it with multiple maintenances while the actual thinktank comes up with a permanent long term solution over time.

1 Like

Still major issues and dont expect it will be fixed before reset.
Lots of people are trying to trick others into parting with their goods for very low prices and then instant reselling them - keep an eye out folks, if youre just careful these goblins will not get your gold :rofl:

It is weekend. They probably have some people working weekends too but probably less.

So no change until at least Wednesday.

1 Like

They’ve done some realm restarts or AH focused maintenances recently without the weekly maintenance window, depending on how bad it is.

We’ll see if the devs can come up with a proper thing cuz the lag is insane.

1 Like

Herbs ores etc value is dropping constantly and rapidly.

Nope it isn’t.

Even the old ores are skyrocketing because of Engineering. Wish I bought 50.000 serevite ore two weeks ago.

They cant afford new servers, tech or employees. Money has been cashed in by the stakeholders. Wow is a cash cow.

Its very dissapointing that they dont priorotize this. And forget about a blue post where they state the ah has been fixed. You have to check out that on your own.

8 Likes

47 is more than 49? And those listings are made in past hour or so. Yesterday it was in 60s.
https://i.imgur.com/ndAlnuQ.jpeg

now I’ve put some expensive gems to AH, they are not on AH and they are not in my bags as well…so where they are and where are my money.Also I put huge money to buy stacka of herbs and ore, money is lost and got no herbs/ore.

There was not warning, AH was not closed so I want my items and/or money back dear Blizzard.

I am sure they are doing their best.
What sometimes seams like an easy problem to solve, might not be that in the end.

Quite possible.