Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

When i try to buy an item that is for sale on ah i press buyout and i get the message “item not found” wtf???

Its not TSM.

1 Like

It should be all hands on deck to fix this mess. Not waiting until reset. This is ridiculous being told “Item not found” every time I try to buy something.

1 Like

Complete mess. People already selling items overpriced in chats due to inability to buy anything from AH. Pricing your own items to sell is basically impossible, cause most listings are inactive.
It is a time to forbid TSM automatic trading, which 100% sure tanks AH performance.

1 Like

So, first of all you buy an EPIC Edition for 3 days Early Access in The War Within.
Then you go in there, and enjoy it so much everything works perfectly fine.
Then the official release date comes out, the first couple hours its gucci WHEN Suddenly THE AUCTION HOUSE Decides to stop working.
After all of that They do an Unscheduled Restart cuz they FIXED the problem.
Sure buddy you fixed it for the first 5 mins until all the players logged back in, but where is the point of restarting only the server and making peoples think that you’ve Actually FIXED the AH.
2 Days later Still the same issue as before, DELAYS Like 20s in the AH, Not being able to see Posted Auctions, NOT BEING Able to cancel them cuz you know… U Just dont see them.
My point is… Why would u even ASK for Extra $ for an Early Access if you ain’t gonna satisfy the peoples that are actually enjoying the game and you are ruining their experience by making them wait for like HOURS on the AH so they can do something there… Don’t u all think that it should have some sort of Discount on the Tokens or they just too greedy to think of that, when Actually peoples are spending like 30% of their GAMETIME on the Friggin AH, not cuz they want to. But cuz they ARE Forced to, just cuz of the simple fact that this thing is NOT Working…
Multibillion $ Company with such an amazing Fails. Just ridicilous in my opinion… I was just trying to understand when the problem is gonna Actually be solved, and LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I got an Typical Chatgpt generated Auto-reply on my Ticket…

After almost a week of “degraded performance” on auction house, someone stood up and talked what was the problem;
I can’t post the link but its on his X (x dot com FwoiblesWoW)

“So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.”

Until they solve this issue, they will just “download more ram” and hopefully it will make it “bearable”.

But anyways, thanks tom for at least giving us peasents some information about the Auction House, other then being silent and hide and seek for A WEEK like all others.

I linked that in the mega discussion in CS

3 Likes

And if it would’ve taken TWO WEEKS.
They have to find the issue first and what is causing it. That CAN actually take weeks. There is no use in saying anything without having any information to give to us.

It’s not addons, Blizzard screwed it up.

*“So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.”

It’s not that I don’t trust contractually obligated developers when they’re talking about their own product.
It’s just that I don’t trust developers.

1 Like

Whatever the problem is, they should be all hands on deck for the problem. Not wait until reset or the next patch, but actually work hard on fixing it even if it means emergency maintenance. I’m losing my mind having to see “Item Cannot Be Found” every time i try to buy something. It’s extremely frustrating, intolerable even. This is the worst launch I’ve ever experienced on WoW. And I was here for BFA and Shadowlands.

Senior Game Producer Tom Ellis on Twitter:
So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.

We are stuck with the broken AH for at least another 3 days.
Good times.

You can be sure they are. Some things just refuse to being fixed without braking something elsewhere. This could take a serious amount of time, and just “reverting back to when it worked” will not work either.
Sometimes it happens that when you want to do something good you unwillingly do something very, very bad and are unable to easily fix it. Espacially with coding.

Edit: It probably would just be best to completely deactivate the auction house than leave it runnign in this state, but that probably won’t work that easy either, if at all. It’s not a warbank that “just” stores one accounts items.

Surely someone else must have noticed this issue in any of the 23809423879423489324789237478926387426387462837648293746298374629734692873648273648726374 posts about the AH not working.

Yes there is

Wow, such much information.
There is what now?

2 Likes

They have said in a Twitter post that they are fixing it with the next weekly reset

1 Like

The auction house is a very complex instrument. It’s like the stock market. Some code needs to be changed to accommodate other changes made. Small changes can have a big impact. The earliest anything will be changed is next maintenance.

Go follow Tom Ellis on X before speaking.

To quote;

So what’s going on with the Auction House is an interesting tech problem, a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions. Not a problem by itself but we’ve got some code changes to make to support this new world we live in. We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem with maintenance while people far more clever than me work on actual solutions.

Not an add on issue, not a mod or scam or whatever your current hate object is. Not the number of searches or the time of day, phase of the moon or whatever BS you want to tell yourself to feel superior.

1 Like