Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

Bugs are acceptable, they happen. And take time to fix.

But radio silence from blizzard on potential ETAs for AH being usable again is not. This is a crucial part of the whole game at the start of the expansion especially for people who wish to progress their characters and blizzard are just absent in communicating what’s taking so long, it’s been borderline unusable since launch and now is actually completely unusable for most things

5 Likes

Ave Cesar

those who have not read salute you

Honestly I end to read after

I’ve been a dedicated World of Warcraft player for over a decade

My friend, I play since 2005 and it seem you absolutely dont know that "Patch day no play " means

When even for hotfixes or minor patch you cant play during many days at the point that Blizzard refund free day of play in your account.

The AH is rigged yes but why ? Auctionnator, TSM and stuff. mainly because of players abuses.

Its the week end my friend, just be patient.
Yes its annoying since few day but you can play the game, AH doesnt resume the game.

and its about US AH too not only EU

And honestly your are encouraging people to make noise, spam?, duplicated thread about AH etc?

I dont think its ok with the forum rules.

raiders can’t buy consumables

raiders? where ? There is no raid available

3 Likes

That is some DB you guys created. Tens of millions of tables, all nested. Lovely.

I use workbench to back my DB up and that is all i have to deal with DB’s.

I bet your memory modules must be 120 degrees.

https:// imgur. com/a/lnMfypx ←

yet this works fine xD

When will you Fix action house?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Got to keep the bots happy their paying the game.

3 Likes

Got to keep the botlane happy botting people are paying their game. Yet the ingame shop works oddly enough.

For all low rank materials, market currently looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Ew85lhV.png
We have a cheap item or two at ~20% of the real price and than the real items are sold.

The only explanation is that some people (maybe bots, maybe real people with addons and 200 APM click rate) are manipulating the market.

This causes two problems:

1. People who are not familiar with the market and just use blizzard interface to post (which defaults to the cheapest price) are loosing massive amount of money, so call for people: pay attention.
  2. This manipulation technique requires hundreds of buys/sells per minute, I believe this is exactly the reason why AH is broken. I was on a more than 10 year break from the game and change from the stack-based trading to bucket-based trading which happened during this time is a great one. However, bucket-based trading can not work with sell orders only. So, call for blizzard: if you want to make AH stable and you want to prevent market-manipulators from feeding on less experience players, please implement buy orders on the AH. This will make this kind of manipulation impossible as there is no way sell orders even at 90% of real price with high-volume markets will be saturated, which will both save new players and improve the stability of the AH greatly. Moreover, with a buy orders, people who are willing to use it will never see the dreaded “item does not exist” message again.

They don’t use their own servers. Companies these days use data warehouses so they can load shift dynamically etc etc.

It’s fine that you’re mad and that you’re stomping your lil’ feet and balling your fists in anger but could you stop talking crap every post?

1 Like

when are blizzard goin to fix the AH, fed up of tryin to purchase items to get slow loadin up, laggin then after all that when you try to pay for items you get item not found its frustrating as hell

ive come back off 2 weeks holiday looked forward to playin then badda bing badda bung go to ah to buy items to skill proffs an yay cant use it as it lags slow loadin an when i click to buy it says item not found why hasnt this been sorted yet

How come there is no issue with AH on NA servers? Are EU realms running on some potato servers? It takes hours to get some things done due to AH being so freaking slow. Trying to buy things is a nightmare. Me and my friends trying to level up professions, it took hours, days even. Few of us gave up and quit until it’s fixed. We lost gold, items disappearing, no way to cancel listed items on AH. Unacceptable for a game that has extra price for EA and game that has monthly subscription.

Seems like they are trying to scam people, who are not paying attention to what they buy. So they end up paying more than they thought, since when it runs out of the cheap material, the game just takes the overpriced one.

eu servers were transfered to china due to lack of funding. You guys just didnt pay enough for EA

I don’t think it’s targeting buyers, it’s targeting sellers.
The volume of trades at high price is big, so I doubt it can be manipulated.
Also, when buying you are shown an average price of your purchase, not the minimum one.
However when a new player want to sell ex. bismuth, he opens default AH interface, which defaults to selling at the cheapest sell price.
He posts his bismuth at 20% of the real cost, than market manipulator immediately buys it out.

As real buyers usually buy low-rank materials in high ammouts, so most of the trades goes for a real cost. If manipulator sold one “bait” bismuth at 20% of the cost and 99 at normal price he still has a huge profit.

Update:
Overall, this scum technique is direct consequence of the new AH system (not sure how new is it, maybe it’s already an old one, but it’s new to me).
If we want people to buy from buckets instead of buy from stacks the only way to make market stable is the same way any real market works. Buy orders/sell orders. With the amount of players WOW has all this low-rank materials markets are way more active than most of the stocks, so it should definitely self-balance in no time.

change the LCFO algorithm to a open list buying to bypass the bugged item, if we are forced to buy from the cheapest and latest item and that cheap last item is sold but bugged and still shown in the list or even the demand of a item is too high that the list keeps refreshing so slowly due to servers being under a huge stress, either way the error “item is not found” is certain. if we can chose to pass the cheapest item, then we can buy from the next price tag, this will temporary fixes the problem until bliz can focus on resolving the actual issues that makes those items/posts buggy. this will also be healthy for both buying side and the seller side while they cant see nor undercut their posts they will get the chance to still sell their items while the issue persist

2 Likes

If EU servers were transferred to China, we would have million times better servers and service than this ignorance

2 Likes

when df launched it was this bad for only for like 2-3 days, then i was making $$ by mining without a problem, they are very slow with this xpac

This exactly.

I remember a time somewhere in the 2000s when WoW was a Premium game worth paying subscription for. You paid so you didn’t had to bother with bad customer service, botting, troll accounts, etc…

Sad the state of the game has gone to this point.

2 Likes

As Tom has said: This issue goes a bit deeper than what he can say in there and increasing amount of hardware is a long term fix.

So it has to do with addons and it has to do with bots and when traffic increases, performance reduces. Do you understand Draeklin? I think you don’t understand what i mean but there are people who know what i’m trying to say. I’m not trying to be superior here, i’m trying to help with the best of my knowledge.

One solution at this time could be declining TSM support by the API as the problem still exists. Drastic measures need to be taken now.

1 Like